Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #21
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by HeroDie View Post
Well then it would also be in her humble opinion but if your empowering bash and not heal your kinda just making a cleric pointless because that is why they are there to heal parties and them self and make everyone stronger and stay away from combat. Not to charge in and attack thats not why people count on clerics thats why they count on fighters, if your makinga cleric for bash and not heal. why not just make a fighter really
I guess people have their own preferences according to what they want from their chars.

Personally, I know where HeroDie comes from because I'm a party guy. I made my supportive cleric mainly to work in parties (but it's because I'm not very fond of soloing and I always party someone if I get the chance). So yes, I find it boring to solo, even on my fighter because I like to party.

So it comes to down personal preference and choice. There's no right or wrong answer here, I guess.

-------------------------------------------------
Old 10-16-2008, 02:23 PM   #22
HeroDie
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: HeroBaka
Current Level: 18
Server: Bijou
HeroDie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HeroDie
Originally Posted by lamchopz View Post
I guess people have their own preferences according to what they want from their chars.

Personally, I know where HeroDie comes from because I'm a party guy. I made my supportive cleric mainly to work in parties (but it's because I'm not very fond of soloing and I always party someone if I get the chance). So yes, I find it boring to solo, even on my fighter because I like to party.

So it comes to down personal preference and choice. There's no right or wrong answer here, I guess.

Thank you atleast someone sees where i'm coming from on this instead of just telling me im pretty much wrong or stupid about what i'm saying
Old 10-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #23
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
And the reason why I made a supportive cleric is that on my fighter, I was tired of seeing clerics fight and forget to heal their party.

Again, it's the party aspect I'm referring to here. Many STR clerics are excellent party members, I'm sure. Just that they have STR because they like to solo and also want the cleric's power. I prefer parties so I'm not bent on STR. I suppose HeroDie is the same.

So that's it, really. lol

-------------------------------------------------
Old 10-22-2008, 05:56 AM   #24
Aarriona
Slime

In-Game Name: Aariona
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Aarriona is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Aarriona Send a message via Yahoo to Aarriona
i get so bored just healing but i also get bored fighting by my self.. granted.. i can last longer in a mob alone..buts no fun unless you pt withthe right ppl..but having tried out all the classes i love being a cleric..and we really should get another defencive skill or two. cus it really is as if we only have one.. the other just sucks.

ok i didnt read everyone's thing befor i posted but now having read them all i have a cleric that can pt or solo just fine. adn i can kill things in almost the same amount of timeit takes a fighter to kill the same thing. adn i'mnot all END nor is my wepon +9 i just empowered my bash and heal. and i go though way less stone then mos tof the ppl i pt with it's all.

i think its dumb to rely on a cleric to just heal. would you liekto just sit back and watch everyone around you fight?? and in most pts i have just healed in they dont do a good job of protecting me so i have to fight and not heal everyone else... if your goignto rely on a cleric likethat you need to keep them safe. if you dont your not going to get healed.

i understand haveing a cleric just heal for things liek going after a boss where it is so much easyer to have someone keeped you healed so allyou have to worry about is fighting not staying alive.. but a cleric could also take on soem bosses alone.. cus they can heal them selfs it might take a few more hits then it would a fighter but we could still do it.

Last edited by Loveless; 10-22-2008 at 05:59 AM.. Reason: Don't double post, use the edit button.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:05 AM   #25
gengie
Slow Slime

gengie will become famous soon enough
Ok let me give my opinion here, Clerics may not be the strongest class but they damn hard to kill. Soloing can be boring depending on what you make of it, I have a very active imagination and always pretend i'm my character so I never really get bored talking to myself. Partying is fun at times, I don't enjoy being with people who are always pestering you, heal me, rev me, heal me, heal me, why you let me die and so on. When you with the right people soloing and partying is fun. It's simply what you make of it.

Who love pink?
I love Pink!
And that, is never gonna change...

Vote for your favourite, SSOTW 14!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #26
Silent Wizard
Sand Mushroom

In-Game Name: Doylen, Slient_Wizard, Blue_Violet
Current Level: 110/110/110
Server: TEVA
Silent Wizard will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gengie View Post
Ok let me give my opinion here, Clerics may not be the strongest class but they damn hard to kill. Soloing can be boring depending on what you make of it, I have a very active imagination and always pretend i'm my character so I never really get bored talking to myself. Partying is fun at times, I don't enjoy being with people who are always pestering you, heal me, rev me, heal me, heal me, why you let me die and so on. When you with the right people soloing and partying is fun. It's simply what you make of it.
There you go, I think that Gengie's comment says it all and this thread can end now.

Thanks Gengie!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:45 PM   #27
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by gengie View Post
Originally Posted by Silent Wizard View Post
There you go, I think that Gengie's comment says it all and this thread can end now.

Thanks Gengie!
Totally agree!!! It is what you make of it. I once heard a saying that went something like this: "Nothing is boring, if you are bored, then maybe you are just simply a boring person."

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 11-05-2008, 03:49 AM   #28
Carmasa
Marlone Clan Soldier

Carmasa is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Carmasa
Are Clerics fun to solo BOSSES with, though? :O
Like if I was a Cleric in Guardian's Holy Shrine, would it be fun to solo the Dungeon Guardian Master? :O!!
Old 11-05-2008, 05:22 AM   #29
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Not if they stun/fear you... >_<
Old 11-05-2008, 05:30 AM   #30
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Even if they don't I think it will be boring. @__@" But then again I always kill slow sooo.. D;