Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:48 PM   #11
Andromeda
Spider Pig

Originally Posted by HeroDie View Post
look at what you guys are saying ...not trying to be rude at all guys/girls....but you guys are talking about soloing a party supporter you need a party in order for your cleric to be helping anyone ..its just not a char to solo
I had a Lv 79 cleric and I'll say from experience this...

Sorry if this comes out aggressive or anything but this is one of the most stupidest things I've heard. Clerics have attack skills they have weapons to attack with so surely they can solo. An END, END/SPR build cleric is terrible for soloing though.

Clerics can solo enemies better than any other class in the game (Boss enemies in particular)

Get yourself a Lv 70 Blue Hammer+9 or Bellow Knight Hammer+9 with a STR build surely you will be doing some decent damage to enemies. Its not like you are forced to party you know. Some people are more efficent solo and can get things done quicker in solo play. Personally myself I couldn't because I lacked a +9 hammer and my cleric was pure END and so was my equipment so I relied on parties for my work.

I know STR build clerics would be godly in abyss solo since the enemies deal out low damage and have low HP which a STR build would really benefit from.

Also depending on how rich you are a cleric may simply be better anyway since you wont need to waste money on restoning as fast as any other class and you can save a heck of alot of pots.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:51 PM   #12
Pedobear
Marlone Megaton

In-Game Name: Thanatopsis
Current Level: 35
Pedobear will become famous soon enough
as a pure end cleric with nothing more than a +4 ZK hammer and no empowerment to bash, i can say soloing can be incredibly boring. But having played a fighter and archer to this level, i can also say its much more viable for a cleric to solo than any other class.

Last edited by Pedobear; 10-15-2008 at 12:03 AM..
Old 10-15-2008, 08:27 AM   #13
Darkshadow1111
Imp

In-Game Name: xDarkShadowx, X_Dark_Shadow_X, Izumikaizi
Current Level: 44 Fighter, 30Cleric, 21Mage
Server: Teva
Darkshadow1111 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Darkshadow1111
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
Soloing is boring. For one, you only have two attacks you can use.

But, on the other hand, clerics can probably solo grind longer than any other class.
Nahh, my fighter can solo longer than any 47 cleric i've met and hes level 44 -.^ But i suppose mmost people have that problem where they cant grind longer than a cleric, Clerics have a heal, no other class does, It helps lol

Black Cat Anime Series Rocks Your World!

PHAILED
XDarkShadowX
Lv. 4x Fighter

QuietRiot (GuildOwner)
X_Dark_Shadow_X
Lv. 3x Cleric

(~°.°)~.....~(°.°~)
Old 10-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #14
HeroDie
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: HeroBaka
Current Level: 18
Server: Bijou
HeroDie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HeroDie
Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
I had a Lv 79 cleric and I'll say from experience this...

Sorry if this comes out aggressive or anything but this is one of the most stupidest things I've heard. Clerics have attack skills they have weapons to attack with so surely they can solo. An END, END/SPR build cleric is terrible for soloing though.

Clerics can solo enemies better than any other class in the game (Boss enemies in particular)

Get yourself a Lv 70 Blue Hammer+9 or Bellow Knight Hammer+9 with a STR build surely you will be doing some decent damage to enemies. Its not like you are forced to party you know. Some people are more efficent solo and can get things done quicker in solo play. Personally myself I couldn't because I lacked a +9 hammer and my cleric was pure END and so was my equipment so I relied on parties for my work.

I know STR build clerics would be godly in abyss solo since the enemies deal out low damage and have low HP which a STR build would really benefit from.

Also depending on how rich you are a cleric may simply be better anyway since you wont need to waste money on restoning as fast as any other class and you can save a heck of alot of pots.
Your not seeing where i'm coming from though and stupid i really dont think so ..but i can agree .. your just not looking at the simple fact as clerics have extremely poor damage unless you str build ...which wouldn't be the smartiest idea and they dont have as many. damaging attacks I mean they have bash but without empowerment to that or a str based char your still not going to do much .all your argueing is they can heal forever your not looking at how long it would take to kill one thing as oppose to an archer or a fighter ...im not getting on mages cause they are like paper ...which is where a cleric comes in ..im not saying dont solo a cleric i'm doing that right now..low lvl just stated but, clerics are more of party leaders then soloers is all
Old 10-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #15
Silent Wizard
Sand Mushroom

In-Game Name: Doylen, Slient_Wizard, Blue_Violet
Current Level: 110/110/110
Server: TEVA
Silent Wizard will become famous soon enough
"Your not seeing where i'm coming from though and stupid i really dont think so ..but i can agree .. your just not looking at the simple fact as clerics have extremely poor damage unless you str build ...which wouldn't be the smartiest idea and they dont have as many. damaging attacks I mean they have bash but without empowerment to that or a str based char your still not going to do much .all your argueing is they can heal forever your not looking at how long it would take to kill one thing as oppose to an archer or a fighter ...im not getting on mages cause they are like paper ...which is where a cleric comes in ..im not saying dont solo a cleric i'm doing that right now..low lvl just stated but, clerics are more of party leaders then soloers is all"

In Your Humble Opinion.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #16
Osiris
Phinofly

Mario Kart Xtreme Champion!Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: 0siris
Current Level: 7x
Server: [Bijou]
Osiris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Darkshadow1111 View Post
Nahh, my fighter can solo longer than any 47 cleric i've met and hes level 44 -.^ But i suppose mmost people have that problem where they cant grind longer than a cleric, Clerics have a heal, no other class does, It helps lol
I seriously doubt that...that must be some terrible clerics then.... Because clerics can use all their stones and I mean ALL of them before they have to go back because of their healing ability. If they can time it right they run out of each one about the same time. So unless you have like 300+ pots at your disposal at all times its not very likely...even if you have all +9s or something.

Your not seeing where i'm coming from though and stupid i really dont think so ..but i can agree .. your just not looking at the simple fact as clerics have extremely poor damage unless you str build ...which wouldn't be the smartiest idea and they dont have as many. damaging attacks I mean they have bash but without empowerment to that or a str based char your still not going to do much .all your argueing is they can heal forever your not looking at how long it would take to kill one thing as oppose to an archer or a fighter ...im not getting on mages cause they are like paper ...which is where a cleric comes in ..im not saying dont solo a cleric i'm doing that right now..low lvl just stated but, clerics are more of party leaders then soloers is all
Really...that is just your opinion...but clerics bash actually damages about twice the damage as their actually attack when its empowered if not more. And if you decrease cool time thats 2x your actually attack every 4.5 seconds and even if you use your one skill to get rid of cool time for your next attack then thats even better. Which on top of that if you use SC you can even have a lot of critical so its incredible how much a cleric can actually hit. You would be suprised. And I have heard from a couple people that some clerics that are full STR are actually pretty close to being just as strong as some full STR fighters in the 8xs...because of the equipment and use of SC. So it is really easy for a cleric to solo if he really wanted to. On pretty much any level even though it is probably more useful on the higher levels.

Sorry if these seem kind of negative comments but thats just kind of how I feel about this kind of stuff haha

Bijou
Paladin lvl 7x - 0siris

Last edited by Osiris; 10-15-2008 at 03:00 PM..
Old 10-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #17
Andromeda
Spider Pig

Tell that to all the clerics (STR build in particular) who have soloed Slime, Mara, Robo, Spider, Phino KQ.

Clerics burn through SP stones the slowest of the 4 classes which means they wouldn't have to head back to town quickly like every other class after their SP stones are burnt out (this can be a big problem depending on your grinding/quest party location unless you have a mount that can move extremely quickly). I was taking note of this in particular in a Dungeon of Abyss party with 3 Mages and 1 fighter. I could last at least 4 times longer than the mages in DoA before I had to restone but I actually had to restone before then since inventory was always getting full but if I had Iron Case this would only prove me right further.

Clerics were always meant to have the lowest ATP because they are the only class with healing techniques (Excluding Fighters Vampire Strike)

You are seriously underestimating the solo capabilities of a STR build cleric any STR build cleric out there will tell you this.

Every class has a weakness in solo which is why parties are always the fastest way to level for any class to remove these weaknesses and kill enemies much much faster than what you could do solo.

You also say it like cleric is the only class that is hindered in solo play but

Fighters - have low SP stones so they have to frequently restone when they are burning their skills but if they are partied with DD for example Mage they dont have to worry too much about spaming their skills unless they are soloing because Mages will be nuking Inferno and Frost Nova

Clerics - This one has been covered already.

Archers - The best DDs for single Target Enemies like bosses however they too find themselves burning skills like mad in solo play to keep themselves alive easier while conserving stones which is why fighters are there to tank and clerics are there to heal.

Mages - What do I need to say about these they become the ultimate DD class for AOE from Lv 60 onwards. If anything Mages would be the hardest class to solo with in the later levels since they have very low SP stones considering they have to rely on their SP to deal damage and they aren't likely going to get far with lets say attempting to solo an enemy in Trumpy Remains. Without a cleric but even then a cleric may not just cut it because unless the Mages Full End built the Mage wont be pulling any more than 2-3 enemies at once in Trumpy Remains instead of 5+ of which a fighter can do.

So keep that in mind any class can solo but some have different weaknesses and some have more weaknesses than others.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:04 PM   #18
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Wooo... OK, I'm actually END / SPR build... 0 strength.. not even in gear (ok i might have some, but i dont look for STR gear)...

I have a +9 hammer , 27% crit rate (one cash shop costume of 7%), empowered bash...

I do kill fairly quickly for a cleric. if my bash crits, i take out 40% of a yellow mob. and if i cash restore once, I'm often still on full health by the time the mob is dead.

I dont solo bosses, that's stupid for any class i believe... but for grinding purposes, its not as bad as you make it sound....

And i've got no STR...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-15-2008, 11:31 PM   #19
Andromeda
Spider Pig

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
I dont solo bosses, that's stupid for any class i believe... but for grinding purposes, its not as bad as you make it sound....

Soloing bosses is good for hunting good stat boss weapons. I know fighters and clerics were frequently soloing Giant Harpy. I mean lets be honest here if you see the boss and you are alone and you know you can kill it for the chance of a good stated weapon you are going to do it.

Another reason its good to solo bosses is if you are doing a quest and you can't get a party together for the quest. I had to do this for the Leg Tree quest IIRC.

But other than that there is no reason to go around killing them they give low exp compared to the other enemies since you can kill several other weaker enemies over time and overall get more exp.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:34 PM   #20
HeroDie
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: HeroBaka
Current Level: 18
Server: Bijou
HeroDie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HeroDie
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
I seriously doubt that...that must be some terrible clerics then.... Because clerics can use all their stones and I mean ALL of them before they have to go back because of their healing ability. If they can time it right they run out of each one about the same time. So unless you have like 300+ pots at your disposal at all times its not very likely...even if you have all +9s or something.

Really...that is just your opinion...but clerics bash actually damages about twice the damage as their actually attack when its empowered if not more. And if you decrease cool time thats 2x your actually attack every 4.5 seconds and even if you use your one skill to get rid of cool time for your next attack then thats even better. Which on top of that if you use SC you can even have a lot of critical so its incredible how much a cleric can actually hit. You would be suprised. And I have heard from a couple people that some clerics that are full STR are actually pretty close to being just as strong as some full STR fighters in the 8xs...because of the equipment and use of SC. So it is really easy for a cleric to solo if he really wanted to. On pretty much any level even though it is probably more useful on the higher levels.

Sorry if these seem kind of negative comments but thats just kind of how I feel about this kind of stuff haha
Originally Posted by Silent Wizard View Post
"Your not seeing where i'm coming from though and stupid i really dont think so ..but i can agree .. your just not looking at the simple fact as clerics have extremely poor damage unless you str build ...which wouldn't be the smartiest idea and they dont have as many. damaging attacks I mean they have bash but without empowerment to that or a str based char your still not going to do much .all your argueing is they can heal forever your not looking at how long it would take to kill one thing as oppose to an archer or a fighter ...im not getting on mages cause they are like paper ...which is where a cleric comes in ..im not saying dont solo a cleric i'm doing that right now..low lvl just stated but, clerics are more of party leaders then soloers is all"

In Your Humble Opinion.

Well then it would also be in her humble opinion but if your empowering bash and not heal your kinda just making a cleric pointless because that is why they are there to heal parties and them self and make everyone stronger and stay away from combat. Not to charge in and attack thats not why people count on clerics thats why they count on fighters, if your makinga cleric for bash and not heal. why not just make a fighter really