Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
What I learned today

Okay so I admit, my parents are mildly racist... mild. They won't judge someone for their race until they show that they fit the stereotype. Its always annoyed me how they always associated people with their race or used it as an excuse. I've always felt so different from my parents because I do not believe in judging people for their race, along with the majority of people my age.

Just a little bit ago I was cleaning the kitchen when my cat knocked a stuck of pictures off of the buffet table thingy. I picked one up and I looked at it. It was a sort of family tree with the men on my moms side of the family, ending with my uncle. Above him was someone I could recognize, my grandpa. Above him was something that amused me and which I found a bit hypocritical of my mom... my great grandpa was half black o.O and his dad, my great great grandpa was white.

So that means my great great grandpa, who was white, married a black woman, or at least had a relationship/child with one. This had to have been around the early 1900s, cuz my grandpa was born in 1922. At that time in the world, that kind of stuff was... uncalled for.

I've never known much about my moms side of the family. All I knew was that my grandma was from Germany.

But yeah, its amazing what you can learn about your family
Old 11-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #2
Everina
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Everina
Current Level: 58 Fighter
Server: Apoline
Everina is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Everina
Amazing o-o

I was born in Germany, and everyone on my moms side of the family is full blooded German. And on my dads side, there all pure american, like everyone on my dads side have such generic american names, for example, my dads name is mark, grandpa's name is butch, I have an uncle john and an uncle Dick (his name -__- not even shot for wnaything) and to top it off, there last name is Smith. <_<
Old 11-18-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Pure American? That's kinda funny. There's nothing pure about America's linegage. We're about as mixed as you can get. My cousin tracked our paternal line back to the 1600s, but what I found amusing was sometime in the early 1800s there's a "concubine" listed as the mother of one of our ancestors. No name, just "concubine."
Old 11-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #4
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Everina View Post
Amazing o-o

I was born in Germany, and everyone on my moms side of the family is full blooded German. And on my dads side, there all pure american, like everyone on my dads side have such generic american names, for example, my dads name is mark, grandpa's name is butch, I have an uncle john and an uncle Dick (his name -__- not even shot for wnaything) and to top it off, there last name is Smith. <_<
Your dad is something, unless everyone in his family is pure Native America. Other than that, all Americans came from somewhere.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
That's part of the facination in building a family tree of your ancestors isnt it? You'll find that a lot of them would've came from different countries or of a different race..

I think if I tracked down my family tree it would be pretty boring.. they'll all just link back to 1 place in china XD

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-18-2008, 09:59 PM   #6
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
Both my Dad's side and my Mum's side come from Ireland, but that was aaages ago, and I still can't do a decent Irish accent for too long.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:23 AM   #7
A_Forever
:w

All I know is that theres.. German, Polish, French, Indian, English, Irish and probably some other stuff in my brothers and I :x

My mom has said some racist things in the past, but without knowing it o_o

My dad isn't racist(that I know of :x) BUT my mom was born in '55 and my dad was born in '47. Soo yeahh, there was some racism around them as kids >.>
Old 11-19-2008, 03:18 AM   #8
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
My biological father was/is very racist. Against everyone. My mother taught me to judge people, not race, ethnics, or language.

I think that is one of the reasons I dislike my biological father so much. Just one of the reasons.

It has also taught me, that apples do roll farther from the tree than some people think.

That is also why my mother taught me to not blame the children for the sins of the parents.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 11-19-2008, 03:20 AM   #9
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
That's awesome. O_O Amazing how you found the picture. xD

My family is like half German, about a quarter Welsh, and a little French. Not too exciting.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:36 AM   #10
Yosei
Corgi Addict

I kind of wonder if my mom is in denial or ashamed of it. I mean... she had to have known o.o to have that picture. And my senior year of High School, I kept asking her what was the heritage on her side of the family besides German. She kept telling me she didn't know, but she thought we had native American in us, so I emailed my uncle. He listed a bunch of stuff, Irish, German, French, Spanish, and Jamaiican. When he listed Jamaiican I asked my mom about that cuz I was unaware of it. She said "He probably means English settlers in Jamaiica".
Closed Thread