Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
Entropy
Administrator
Fiesta Fan Too Popular

As a lot of you may have noticed, Fiesta Fan was down for several hours today for "excessive load". From the email: "While we do limit each account to no more than 25% of a system's CPU in our terms of service, we do not actively disable accounts until they greatly exceed that number, which is what happened in this case."

I guess the site needs to move to a new server once more.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
=D Thanks for bringing FiestaFan back up~

Well we were flooded by new lurkers coz Fiesta's Official forum is down...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-11-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Is there anything we can do to help? I mean, can you move it to a server that lets people make "donations" for extra services like more PMs or something? Then people can make donations to help pay for the site and they get extra benefits out of the forum.
I saw this on Toontowncentral.com, it was not very expensive, so a lot of peopel were willing to pay a small amount of money for more PM space and other stuff.
Just a suggestion. And YES, thank you for bringing it back up!!!!!!

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 01-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
Entropy
Administrator
All I had to do was send an email. It would have been back up sooner, but I was sleeping.

The official forums are back up, and this site has only been back up for 30 minutes and we've already got 92 users on. The site might go down again.

I've got a VPS (virtual private server) I'm going to move the site too. Donations might not be a bad idea.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:18 PM   #5
Spirit
complete once again

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
What is the maximum number of users this site can have on it at one time, I wonder?

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
Old 01-11-2008, 07:20 PM   #6
Entropy
Administrator
There were 201 user on the site when we got shut down last time.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:24 PM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Hm... is there a way to deny people access if the site has too many people on it? So it doesn't crash *server-knowledge retarded*
Old 01-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #8
Spirit
complete once again

I was thinking the same thing. But, what if it lets "guests" on and not actual members. I wonder if that could be set up to deny access to people, if it could be set up to only deny access to "guests". But, then again, that is unfair to the guests.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #9
Pedobear
Marlone Megaton

In-Game Name: Thanatopsis
Current Level: 35
Pedobear will become famous soon enough
its my fault. i was checking fiesta fan last night and the servers just cant handle how awesome i am.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #10
Entropy
Administrator
Well, I turned off searching for now, that takes a lot of CPU power.

I could make it so guests can't see the forums, but I don't want to do that if it can be avoided.
Closed Thread