Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 06:45 PM   #11
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice

Like Manz said, you can hold your own opinion on the issue, but once it starts leaking into law, it should be stopped. Law should be treated objectively, and hence there should be no laws barring homosexuality in any way.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 03-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #12
iheartmyibook
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Bluepaw
Current Level: really low...
Server: Teva
iheartmyibook is on a distinguished road
>.< all great thoughts thx for replying!

Thanks Leesa for the awesome sig. ^_^
I <3 KIRA!

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is a Bunny.Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination

I <3 DeathNote!!!!!
I am a Kira supporter but my favorite character is L!!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #13
Leesa
lk;sfdb

In-Game Name: Quit
Current Level: Quit
Server: Quit
Leesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Leesa
Some people have different culutural background/beliefs/religions, so if they see something different or "not allowed" for them, they start thinking its bad. Homosexuality is not wrong, its love like anything else, and I just don't know why everyone think that gay love is dirty and as some people say it, "icky". I would like to see homosexuality as well as other things become accepted in society, but that obviously won't happen until a long time...
Old 03-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #14
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
you can't always equate it to religion, as previously stated by some, since common sense sometimes overcomes that... I'm personally Catholic, but im totally pro gay-rights. as long as i'm not affected by it, i think they should have the right to do whatever they want. Homophobia's an annoying thing and our society will need to learn to overcome it before the world can have peace. People need to learn to understand and respect things, even if they're strange to them; they're not asking you to watch, so there's no big deal.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #15
Kaidela
Bored Fox

In-Game Name: Aleese | Victoire | Kaidela | Rilynn
Current Level: 87 | 70 | 60 | 35
Kaidela has a spectacular aura aboutKaidela has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Kaidela Send a message via MSN to Kaidela
People hate for all kinds of reasons. Personally, I don't think homophobia is any better than racism. Gay people usually have less rights than everyone else, and that's wrong no matter what the reason is. :\
Old 03-26-2009, 11:06 PM   #16
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
i think the core of all prejudices is a lack of understanding.

i mean, like, in some cases, if something is seriously wrong, like pedophilia or something, then it's not that... but when there's something that doesnt hurt anyone and stuff, it seems to be a lack of understanding, or a need to feel superior to someone.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #17
AegisXOR
Honeying

In-Game Name: Withstanding/Chzo
Current Level: 47/24
Server: Apoline/Teva
AegisXOR is on a distinguished road
People are, by definition, flawed.

Genetics is just not perfect. In some cases, this manifests itself as a physical condition—Down's syndrome, congenital myopathy, etc. In others, it comes out in mentality. Schizophrenics, people with bipolar disorder..

People who're slightly luckier are the ones with inherent personality flaws. The inability to tolerate racial, ethnic, gender or preferential differences, for one. Of course, they may just be plain irritating.

Either way. I don't fault people for it, I just shake my head and move on.. unless they're a hardcore Christian, in which case I may occasionally force them into questioning their beliefs before leaving. =]

edit: Also, fun fact: many hardcore homophobes are suppressing some sort of homosexual tendencies, deep down. And an even greater percentage of people who are indifferent, but awkward, around homophobia are. I know these things from experience.

Last edited by AegisXOR; 03-27-2009 at 01:41 PM..
Old 03-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #18
Senyx The Soulless one
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: CrimsonChaos
Current Level: 67
Server: AP-PO-LEEN
Senyx The Soulless one is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Lady-Loki View Post
I say the hate (regardless of the prejudice) is a learned opinion. No human was born with hate in their heart - they learned it from those around them.

Personally I think it is sad that hate seems to be so much easier for people to assimilate than love & kindness, but then again, if the numbers of people emanating hate were fewer and the number of people emanating love & kindness were greater, then maybe it would be the opposite.

Just my opinion, but as for "open acts of homosexuality IN PUBLIC", I don't care to know specifics, but I expect that my reaction would have been the same for excess PDA (beyond holding hands, a hug or a loving kiss, and no, slobber-swapping is not a loving kiss), regardless of homosexual or heterosexual, since I believe intimatacy in a relationship should be personal & private between the two parties and not a public display.
Well this thing in public was hands-down-the-hatch, And there were children around as well, Needless to say it was broken up shortly after, The fact still stands, If you're gay and you know it, Slap your hands. >.> Gross, gross.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #19
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Any sexual acts in public are offensive, whether it's homosexual or heterosexual.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 03-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #20
Senyx The Soulless one
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: CrimsonChaos
Current Level: 67
Server: AP-PO-LEEN
Senyx The Soulless one is an unknown quantity at this point
Well personally, i would'nt complain if they were girls, but that would be hypocritical.

Sooooo yeah.