Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #11
AndyB
Huge Phinofly

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: AndyB
Current Level: 59 cb / 40 ob
AndyB is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Reveille View Post
Im using the 2 handed axe that u get as a reward for the level 20 level up quest and i see no difference in damage with or without a shield. I just do a lot more damage while receiving about same amount of damage i did with a shield.
Trust me the shield makes a difference in later levels, most of the level 46 + fighters in our guild had to switch to 1h for the extra def against the final boss in the mini dragon KQ just so we would have enough people keeping the monster aggro away from the ranged and healers. Mini dragon in the kq uses fear so more than 1 tank is needed.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #12
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Remember the shield is usually about the same amount of defense as your CHEST PLATE. Thats ALOT of defense.

Shields though IMO are mainly just for PVE.
1 handed swords will be worthless against clerics and will do low damage to high armored characters like fighters.
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:19 AM   #13
Kyouku
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Kyouku
Current Level: Unknown
Kyouku is on a distinguished road
I originally liked 2h Swords but now I'm probably gonna go with 1h sword and shield :3

Teva
Kyouku:4x

Old 08-24-2007, 10:59 AM   #14
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Personally, I think axes are too slow. I'm still deciding between 1H and 2H swords, slightly leaning towards 1H as of now.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:53 PM   #15
AndyB
Huge Phinofly

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: AndyB
Current Level: 59 cb / 40 ob
AndyB is on a distinguished road
I'll add a bit more on 1h since i pvped sasuke (uses 2h sword) on the last day of cb2.

1h definitely beats 2h in pvp damage wise. I was out damaging sasuke by quite a bit even with the shield. There was only 1 level between us so i don't think that would make much difference.

Not sure how the damage would have been vs a 2h axe wielder but i was outdamaging him, attacking faster and blocking so even though tequila was there as well if we'd had equal potions and stones i would have most likely won.

I definitely think the dev's need to look at 2h swords and improve them.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:09 AM   #16
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
I'll add a bit more on 1h since i pvped sasuke (uses 2h sword) on the last day of cb2.

Not sure how the damage would have been vs a 2h axe wielder but i was outdamaging him, attacking faster and blocking so even though tequila was there as well if we'd had equal potions and stones i would have most likely won.

I definitely think the dev's need to look at 2h swords and improve them.
I have to see this in action.
Judging from just an experiencial standpoint 1handed sword damage is already extremely poor. They are increasingly ineffective against clerics and warrirors due to thier high def.

Axes on the other hand while they are slower, have very high damage and crit rates. 1 skill power hit crit and can pretty much know almost all of the hp of mages and archers of similar levels.

There is NO DELAY between skills. Allowing skill spamming between the axe and the 1handed sword to come at the SAME speed. You'll attack the same speed while dealing more damage with higher chance to crit
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:09 PM   #17
MrMud
Mushroom Fighter

Tournaments Won: 7

Current Level: 1 bil
MrMud is on a distinguished road
im not much inti def so axe becouse it strong or 2h becouse it looks hawt
Old 08-26-2007, 01:59 AM   #18
Wolfie
Imp

In-Game Name: Wolfie
Current Level: 31
Wolfie is on a distinguished road
last time i had an axe but hearing somethings from higher lvls and my build im going 1hand sword and shield + they look cool +9
Old 08-27-2007, 03:06 AM   #19
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
2-hander sword for me. It looks cool. The axe looks like some burden I just wanna drop onto the ground xS Until my budget is big enough to allow for a +9 shield, I'll stick to the 2-hander.

Axe will work great in PvP, maybe not so in PvE. Do you spam skills while you grind? =/ I don't, and it still sucks my SP bar dry pretty quickly.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 08-27-2007, 03:11 AM   #20
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

2handers aren't nearly as good in pve incomparison to swords n boards. Low aim not good for tanking. But the damage is very sufficient. And well they help ALOT against high def monsters and bosses.
Closed Thread