Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:25 AM   #21
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by CursedMagus View Post
It depends on what you mean by "trouble". Being a Cleric is easier than other classes due to the fact that they can heal themselves so easily. But the only problem is, is the amount of SP the spells use. I was using up so many SP potions it wasn't even funny. I had over 500 Tier 1 SP potions in my storage about less than a week ago. Now I don't even have 200 of them. I just went back to being my Mage. Besides, Mages are more wanted for parties than Clerics are because there's always too many Clerics. Lol.

Anyways, if you got more defense it'll be easier to solo. You can take hits better and you've got more HP. Also if you use a sword and shield you've got speed and extra END along with the ability to block. And thats increased with END as well. A pure SPR Fighter only has the chance of getting more criticals than a Fighter who isn't pure SPR. But that means he'll never be able to tank as well as someone who's pure END or some other hybrid involving END.
Of course a SPR fighter wouldn't tank as well as and END fighter, but I'm just saying that a SPR fighter can still manage like an END fighter if they want to with more hard work put into (i.e. the both the fighter and the cleric needs to be alert about their health). I'm not saying SPR fighter will be able to tank as many things as an END fighter, but I had no problems going zombie king hunting with a full SPR fighter - and back then there was only him, me (the cleric) and another archer most of the time. I can't say that we didn't die at all (believe me, we did die heaps when we didn't the map very well), but we still managed in the very end.

Mind you, that fighter did do some amazing tanking once in a while at KQs as well - so it's not that hard if you're bothered to put the work into it.

By "trouble", I guess I mean the difficulty of handling mobs/the time taken to kill them/and maybe cost effective wise. Well, from what Dyna told me, it seems pretty tedious to solo as a full END fighter at high 30s and onwards. It seems like it'll take a long time to kill mobs (that gives decent exp at the same time), and because it takes long - they still get hits from the mob and they still have to end up using quite a bit of hp. Then again, I don't know what conditions he was soloing in (whether it was red/orange/yellow mobs o.o) so I'm not sure. However, I'm sure that applies to every class (that is, each class will have its own trouble. For example, a mage/archer will have to constantly eat a stone because one hit may take quite a bit out of them).

I also have something to say about cleric SP usage but that's a whole different topic so I'll leave it out for now.

On a side note, I don't believe a full STR mage = full SPR fighter, I think it's more like full STR mage = full INT fighter. D: SPR can be beneficial to all classes - so yeah. I don't see what's wrong with a full SPR fighter.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:36 AM   #22
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road
Well I'm not very sure why... But when I was doing Mara KQ, even though I only had def scroll on and a cleric buff, I still had highest def around. If I used my shield my def would go even higher. So Axe fighter do not always have a low defence.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:49 AM   #23
CursedMagus
Mini Greenky

CursedMagus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
Of course a SPR fighter wouldn't tank as well as and END fighter, but I'm just saying that a SPR fighter can still manage like an END fighter if they want to with more hard work put into (i.e. the both the fighter and the cleric needs to be alert about their health). I'm not saying SPR fighter will be able to tank as many things as an END fighter, but I had no problems going zombie king hunting with a full SPR fighter - and back then there was only him, me (the cleric) and another archer most of the time. I can't say that we didn't die at all (believe me, we did die heaps when we didn't the map very well), but we still managed in the very end.

Mind you, that fighter did do some amazing tanking once in a while at KQs as well - so it's not that hard if you're bothered to put the work into it.

By "trouble", I guess I mean the difficulty of handling mobs/the time taken to kill them/and maybe cost effective wise. Well, from what Dyna told me, it seems pretty tedious to solo as a full END fighter at high 30s and onwards. It seems like it'll take a long time to kill mobs (that gives decent exp at the same time), and because it takes long - they still get hits from the mob and they still have to end up using quite a bit of hp. Then again, I don't know what conditions he was soloing in (whether it was red/orange/yellow mobs o.o) so I'm not sure. However, I'm sure that applies to every class (that is, each class will have its own trouble. For example, a mage/archer will have to constantly eat a stone because one hit may take quite a bit out of them).

I also have something to say about cleric SP usage but that's a whole different topic so I'll leave it out for now.

On a side note, I don't believe a full STR mage = full SPR fighter, I think it's more like full STR mage = full INT fighter. D: SPR can be beneficial to all classes - so yeah. I don't see what's wrong with a full SPR fighter.
This is one of those times when I wish you wouldn't write out an essay. @_@

I'm not saying a pure SPR Fighter can't tank or do almost as well as a Fighter with pure END but he'll just never be AS good as the pure END Fighter when it comes to grouping. Why would you solo at level 30+? At that level you should be in CP partying. The EXP you get is better and the rate at which you get it is also better. Depending on who's in your party that is. Three Mages, a Cleric, and a Tanker = Ungodly amounts of EXP in a short period of time.

And in a case like that a pure END would prove to be far more useful and easier to heal than a pure SPR Fighter. Besides, relying completely on getting criticals is redundant. Its all a game of chance. Just like refining weapons. Except... refining weapons is rigged. Thats why I refuse to add SPR as a Mage and just go pure INT. I'm very unlucky and leaving something like that to luck would just end up getting me killed. Maybe he's lucky or whatever but i'm not so I would never even think about doing a pure SPR Fighter.

Actually, I kinda made a mistake. A pure SPR Fighter is similar to a pure END Mage. While they may prove effective in certain scenario's, they'll be less useful than a Mage with pure INT or a Fighter with pure END in others. Overall, it just depends on who you party with, how adept you are at fighting (spamming skills, potions/stones, etc.), and whatever else. Gah... too tired to really give a decent reply. @_@
Old 11-02-2007, 07:55 AM   #24
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Why would you solo at level 30+? At that level you should be in CP partying.
Anyways, if you got more defense it'll be easier to solo. You can take hits better and you've got more HP. Also if you use a sword and shield you've got speed and extra END along with the ability to block. And thats increased with END as well. A pure SPR Fighter only has the chance of getting more criticals than a Fighter who isn't pure SPR. But that means he'll never be able to tank as well as someone who's pure END or some other hybrid involving END.
^ This was why I was talking about solo-ing, because you were talking about it.

Of course people party at level 30+, I can't imagine anyone who can level decently via solo-ing, unless they have unlimited amount of SP/HP stones/pots and patience. o______o"
Old 11-02-2007, 07:56 AM   #25
CursedMagus
Mini Greenky

CursedMagus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
^ This was why I was talking about solo-ing, because you were talking about it.

Of course people party at level 30+, I can't imagine anyone who can level decently via solo-ing, unless they have unlimited amount of SP/HP stones/pots and patience. o______o"
I was on drugs. D:

I have a lot of patience but not enough to even TRY to solo by myself at level 30+. Hell, I can barely even do that at level 20. Its booooooring.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:53 AM   #26
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Soloing is fun. But it gets boring having no one to talk to. Like me... I usually solo in burning hill until I get bored of having no one to talk to then I log off.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:27 AM   #27
undeadmith
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: yourboma
Current Level: to lame to edit constantly
Server: teva/apoline
undeadmith is on a distinguished road
farming in a party is not a problem a friend of mine is mage so if we need to lvl up a bit we just party and go do some farming i tank and he hits a hell of a lot lol

fight in the name of metal

Old 11-02-2007, 11:20 AM   #28
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Well if you can be sure that he's always there when you wanna party then it's ok I guess.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:01 PM   #29
Arcblaze
Mushroom Fighter

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Arcblaze
Current Level: 1x
Arcblaze is on a distinguished road
my problem is i can never find ppl to party perhaps im just to dang low for ppl to even look my way let alone party with me. sigh im like the kid in middle school who had that really big zit that looked like it was going to blow up in your face........you know that kid right well all ppl avoid me like they would him...ah so sad the life of a partyless fighter.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:35 AM   #30
Pedobear
Marlone Megaton

In-Game Name: Thanatopsis
Current Level: 35
Pedobear will become famous soon enough
while cursedmagus is right a pure end fighter will tank better than a pure spr fighter, fighters' base stats add more than enough def and HP to tank most anything regardless of how freestats are distributed.

really, a SPR build is meant for PvP if nothing else. running around with your axe critting power hits on those poor squishies and dropping them in a single round of skill spams, that's what an spr build is for.