Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 08:51 AM   #1
Symphoni
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Theia
Current Level: 4x
Server: Theia-World
Symphoni is on a distinguished road
tanking fighter

what is the ratio of END : STR for tanking fighter?

and sorry if i'm noob, how do you tank?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
KY_Jelly
Spider

In-Game Name: Unbanned
Current Level: 28
Server: Teva
KY_Jelly is on a distinguished road
either go pure end or 3:1 end:str
Old 09-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Pure endurance. If you want to tank and only tank, do not get strength. Getting strength means you've committed yourself to dealing damage on some level. Going pure endurance means you just want to tank, and that sort of commitment is respectable.

Tanking simply means you keep all monster aggro on you, and only you. You're going to be tanking for a party of course, you should never tank for yourself (it's slow levelling). When a monster is attacking an ally, simply kick the aggression it has back to you with snearing kick. If there are too many monsters, use mock (AoE taunt) and that should force all aggro onto you. Doing this will make it easier for the cleric to heal you, and keep your DPSers out of harms way. The tanks job is to protect everyone, just like the clerics. If you don't do this, things can go bad. Tanks are pretty fun in the KQ. A level 25 fighter can take on a mob of 15 monsters and live without much harm done to him in the Mara KQ. It's a satisfying job, in my own opinion. I speak from experience.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:08 PM   #4
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Yami will become famous soon enough
I'd say go pure END. It raises your defense, HP and block rate. I'm a full END fighter of level 21 and I'm still leveling alone at this point, but surely later on you will need a party and you will be the human meat shield (to use someone elses words :P). And I must say tanking is fun. I was doing a KQ (Mara) and somehow ended up with the same guy on it as I did in my last slime one (in which I tanked) and he told everyone I should be the tank. In the end, someone else had slightly more HP (due to no scroll on my side) so he ended up tanking, but it gave me a good feeling.

So yeah, pure END is what I suggest.

On the how do you tank question:

It's not that hard. I've never had a tank character before (I've played other MMORPGS) so I didn't really know either. I'm gonna tell you aout my experiences for KQ, since I've only tanked there yet. Usually you're with a few fighters and they walk in front of the rest. They lure the mobs to attack them by either attacking them first, or taunting them with snear kick. You keep them away from the other classes, most fighters will hold their own against them (except the low lvl ones). So if a mob is chasing an Archer, Mage or Cleric (especially the first two) make sure you pull them away with a snear kick asap, as you can stand their attacks, they can't. Clerics will heal you (if they do their job right).

As for the bosses. The party picks one Fighter (usually Fighter, can occassionaly be Cleric) who has the highest defense and HP. They will keep taunting the boss mob (spam snear kick) so they will be the only ones attacked, while being healed by Clerics. This ensures the others will be safe (if you do your job right, it can always go wrong) and it makes Healing for the Clerics a lot easier.

I hope it's clear for you now, if you have any other questions, or don't understand something just lemme (or someone else :P) know.

Last edited by Yami; 09-11-2007 at 03:17 PM..
Old 09-11-2007, 06:22 PM   #5
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Being a tanker is so much fun! Never have been this class either... since I always choose Archer (total opposite). But I havea question as well.

Which skills do you empower and with what?
Old 09-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #6
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

To be honest, I haven't empowered anything yet, and I'm not quite sure which ones to empower.

Guess Slice and Dice is worth getting the SP cost down and I find Concussive Charge to have a too long cooldown to use efficiently, but I haven't tried anything out.

So yeah, which skills to empower and with what? :P
Old 09-11-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Empower all your AoE spells. Nothing else. AoE taunt cooldown to maximise your mob control. AoE stun cooldown to maximise your tanking. AoE damage debuff power to maximise your tanking as well. Afterwards I suggest you extending their effect durations through empowerments as well. Any single target skills aren't worth empowering for a tank.

Last edited by Dynamics; 09-11-2007 at 09:36 PM..
Old 09-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #8
Lyoven
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: Duke
Current Level: Can shout!
Lyoven is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
AoE damage debuff cooldown
not sure if its well known or not, i just found out that we can also add points to this skill's 'power', making it reducing the dmg even futhurer
like it will reduce the dmg of the surrounding monsters by 70 instead of 60 points (made up numbers)
Old 09-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #9
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
Empower all your AoE spells. Nothing else. AoE taunt cooldown to maximise your mob control. AoE stun cooldown to maximise your tanking. AoE damage debuff cooldown to maximise your tanking as well. Afterwards I suggest you extending their effect durations through empowerments as well. Any single target skills aren't worth empowering for a tank.
*will save her skill points*
Old 09-12-2007, 03:38 AM   #10
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Pure end nothing else

Str AND end are both useless stats atm unless u go full with them.

Actually IMO STR isn just plan worthless damagewise even with full STr.

If you want to tank Go full End
If you want to go a little hybird i recommend getting 25 spr and the rest in end. With atleast +6% crit sword.
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Closed Thread