Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #11
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation

Gee, thanks for the warning . I thought I was going crazy, lol.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 01-11-2008, 07:42 PM   #12
Pedobear
Marlone Megaton

In-Game Name: Thanatopsis
Current Level: 35
Pedobear will become famous soon enough
I've heard deleting large/old threads helps too.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:49 PM   #13
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Well, I turned off searching for now, that takes a lot of CPU power.

I could make it so guests can't see the forums, but I don't want to do that if it can be avoided.
That might help. They might leave the site, and those who actually want to be a part will join the site.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #14
Spirit
complete once again

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
As I am reading this thread, I can see down at the bottom that there are 4 members and 6 guests. It is kinda creepy knowing people are out there that we don't know who they are, lol. I see Yosei, Fly, Loki, and me, but who are the other 6? And it is like they are reading all of our secrets, lol.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
Old 01-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #15
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
*panics* Stop starring at us!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #16
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
I would gladly subscribe to a "pay for premium" type site, one like Spirit said, get extra PM capacity and such (yeah, I had to delete some PMs recently and I don't like to have to do that .

Oh, and I'd pay extra to get the ability to make my own name like Premium Users get cuz I'll prolly never reach 1000.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere

Last edited by Lady-Loki; 01-11-2008 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: added the Oh, and
Old 01-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #17
FoxyBrown
Boogy

Harpoon Lagoon Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: FoxyBrown
Current Level: 75
Server: Bijou
FoxyBrown is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
As I am reading this thread, I can see down at the bottom that there are 4 members and 6 guests. It is kinda creepy knowing people are out there that we don't know who they are, lol. I see Yosei, Fly, Loki, and me, but who are the other 6? And it is like they are reading all of our secrets, lol.
The lurkers are the future forum members! I used to be a lurker, but one day I decided to shed my disguise as guest and make known my identity!

As far as a future cost for the site... I cannot say that I'd be into that... who knows, though? But I definitely think it would be good to get more capacity in hopes that a lot of the lurkers become members.

On the topic of money... perhaps you could keep it free for people who contribute to guides and such... or assist with anything that could be helped with the site?
Old 01-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #18
Spirit
complete once again

Oh my suggestion was not for it to be "everyone has to make a donation". Just simply have that option out there and depending on how much you chose to donate you could get premium user bonuses. Such as being able to hold more PMs or being able to make use of more smiley icons, or something like that. THe last forum site that I was on took donation for stuff like that. If you couldn't make a donation, that was fine, you could still be a member and still post. It was just that the ones that could make donations, wanted to because it gave them more options inside the forum.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #19
Pedobear
Marlone Megaton

In-Game Name: Thanatopsis
Current Level: 35
Pedobear will become famous soon enough
one of them is me. i set my account to time out after 1 minute and since i use opera, i just hit ctrl+enter before i go to make a post.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #20
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Is there anything we can do to help? I mean, can you move it to a server that lets people make "donations" for extra services like more PMs or something? Then people can make donations to help pay for the site and they get extra benefits out of the forum.
I saw this on Toontowncentral.com, it was not very expensive, so a lot of peopel were willing to pay a small amount of money for more PM space and other stuff.
Just a suggestion. And YES, thank you for bringing it back up!!!!!!
I use(d) TTC too!

Eh, donating might work.