Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 11:17 PM   #11
Antagonist
King Crab

Server: Teva
Antagonist is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Keetos View Post
Wow this was supposed to be out back in 2005. I remember there was a fansite for it called Sealthelove.com but never really grew because the game was not released.
It's called FreeToPlay now.

I played the Japanese version. It was so much FUN. Unfortunately, the partying system isn't really as good as Fiesta, in my opinion. It shares a lot of things in common with Fiesta, but there are other classes (jester instead of archer, blacksmith, and knight).

Pets are expensive, but their stats are amazing. A friend on jSO bought me a Valkyrie. Of course, I had to level it up myself, but having one was a treat.

Combos are fun, although I had a hard time getting my keys to really register. Warriors can do 20-hit combos, though.

By the way, this was due two years ago. I thought they had given up on the English version.

Unfortunately, it's one of those "get to level 10 to change jobs" games and the one where there's stat requirements on equipment, but that just makes it more challenging, I guess. There's actually a method of getting to level 10 in 10 minutes, but it requires 1000 cegels.

Anyway, we had a guild in jSO and we called it SealTheLove. Then Demios made a guild so he wouldn't get accused of being a hacker.

As far as cash shop goes, there are very few outfits, but you can get an advantage when crafting or increase your EXP gain for a set number of hours.

Pets have an evolution system. There are four "seeds" - a seed, which can evolve into flowers, beans, and pumpkins; a piya egg, which evolves into a number of piyas (piya monsters/pets are based off character classes); a bird egg, which evolves into things like an eagle, a phoenix, etc.; and a valkyrie egg, which can evolve into a normal valkyrie or a rare valkyrie with extra boosted stats.

The monsters are bizarre, but they're cute.

Last edited by Rightclaw; 08-15-2007 at 12:38 AM..
Old 08-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #12
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
OMFG YES! I've been waiting and waiting for its English release!

Thanks for the awesome news.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #13
Antagonist
King Crab

Oh, a lot of names from the background story are based off the Tree of Life. For example, Malkuth, Hod, Binah, Neza(ch), Yesod, Hokma, etc.

The music is a lot better, too.

There are four basic towns - Laim (for warriors and craftsmen), Elim (knights, priests, and mages), Madelin (jesters), and Zaid (craftsmen), as well as a "hidden" town that I forgot the name of. Rest assured, the

There are a lot of builds you can make for your character, although most of them require "costumes". These costumes may be anything from a ramen box with a newspaper hat to a teddy bear costume. The bear costume's kinda ugly, though.

I believe Jester wasn't playable during the beta stages of the other versions, or maybe that was just a rumor for eSO.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:00 AM   #14
chinhchinh
Zombie Master

Wow it seems to be popular, I'll try it when it's out.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #15
Ash
Slow Slime

In-Game Name: Arbitres
Current Level: 16
Ash is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ash Send a message via MSN to Ash
Would you say that this game lags more than Fiesta? If not, it's certainly in my list of games that I might try.

Also, 'lol' at the Tree of Life reference.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:49 AM   #16
Antagonist
King Crab

Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Also, 'lol' at the Tree of Life reference.
*cough* ToA *cough*

As far as lag goes, you might get frame lag depending on how populated the servers will be and whether or not you use outlined graphics mode. I always left it on 3D. It might be better once it's out in English, though.

I don't suggest making a male mage. As cliché as it sounds, they really do look fruity in this game. Their higher level armor has midriffs and no shoulder sleeves. Low-level normal mage armor overall is ugly.

This game has tons of weapons and armor sets that support using alternative builds. For example, pure INT priests can use maces such as the Priest Piya's Syringe and various Plumber (ladybug monsters) Plungers. Pure INT mages can use staves that do not require WIS, pure INT jesters have special daggers, etc. These builds are very expensive, though.

I wrote this guide for choosing classes on FTP:

Quote:
BEGINNER 無職 (mushoku)
The most basic job there is. You start out as this, so there's no need to go through any special measures to become one. You can choose any of the 6 jobs listed below, or you can raise a "Super Beginner" by not changing jobs and just leveling as a beginner.

You can do a series of quests to get to level 10 in about 10 minutes - a guide about this is on the forum. Those that pick Super Beginner need to have lots of patience - you won't get any usable weapons until about level 25, and you can't use the Bah Bah's Stick for quite some time. Super Beginners always wear costume sets and weapons that are for all classes (Fishing Rods, Bah Bah's Stick, Festival Fan, etc.).

WARRIOR 剣士 (kenshi)
This class is basically a damage dealer. You'll mostly be using combos and occasionally some skills. Warriors can move pretty quickly and use Great Swords as their weapon. PvP-wise, they have the biggest advantage when skills are prohibited. Their defense is second to knights', but they can hold their own in battle and they're strong overall. They kill very easily past level 100. It's recommended that you follow the stats that armor requires, because it will boost your defense signigicantly.

KNIGHT 騎士 (kishi)
Knights are good tanks with high defense and great skill damage. However, their combos are weak. Their Cross Sword skill series make leveling a piece of cake. Past level 100, they're considered the fastest levelers due to the fact that they can tank powerful enemies and kill multiple monsters with AoE attacks.

MAGE 魔法士 (mahoushi)
These are your spell casters and ranged fighters. In terms of movement speed, they're generally the slowest when they aren't equipped with items that boost it. They do not combo and instead, spam skills with their high magic. You can take a pure INT build, a build combining INT/WIS (standard), or a build with INT/WIS/LUK (some take this for higher evade). Of the three builds you can have, pure INT is the strongest after level 63. INT/WIS/LUK is the weakest build.

Pure INT mages wear costume sets and/or G gears, as well as staffs that do not require wisdom. INT/WIS mages get only the amount of WIS they need to wear armor. No staffs require wisdom after the Nitras Staff. Mages use the elements of Fire and Ice - eventually, you'll be getting both of them. They also have self-buffs, such as Mana Shield (reduce damage to HP) and Staff Booster (increase movement speed).

At level 80, you pick an element to master and learn the mastery skill for that element. You can only pick one or the other, and it requires a skill book. At level 100, Ice Mages get the passive skill Freeze and Fire Mages get the passive skill Immolation.

PRIEST 僧侶 (souryo)
Priests are generally a support class, although some like to use them to combo and battle. Skills consist of battle skills, healing skills, and buffs.

Battle skills include Mace Combo, Brace, Mace of Justice, Giant Swing, Blessed Swing, and Holy Bless.

Healing includes Self Cure, Cure, Mass Cure, Party Cure, Cleansing, and Resurrection.

Buffs are Encourage, Protect, Bless, Divine Force, Wind Rush, Protect All, Party Protect, Party Bless, Party Divine Force, and Party Wind Rush.

Pure INT priests and pure STR priests have lower defense than standard priests and need costume sets and/or G gears. Pure INT priests depend on others to level 100% of the time since they can't do any damage on their own. Priests generally lose the ability to solo past level 100, but by that time they have already mastered many buffs that grant them easy access to parties (should others decide that they need parties).

Support priests spend lots of money on AP potions and often lose money since loot isn't randomized. It's best to use a priest to support your friends, as long as you know that they will share money with you. The standard support priest build is to get the STR/INT/WIS for armors and add the rest into INT. The standard battle priest build is to get STR/INT/WIS for armors and add the rest into STR. Obviously, support priests have the strongest buffs hands-down.

JESTER 芸人 (geinin)
The clown/jester is a support class and a damage dealer. As a jester, you'll be getting some buffs to help your party while still being able to fight. You can either be a combo jester or a throwing jester. Combo jesters usually pick STR/AGI builds, although sometimes they might get the INT needed for armors. Throwing jesters obtain a passive skill called "Throw Anything" (sometimes called "Random Throw") that allows you to throw stackable items from your inventory to use as an attack. This requires lots of INT, so people that do this usually pick INT/AGI or pure INT builds. Throw Anything is based off of your magic attack, and the NPC cost of the items you use increases the damage dealt by thrown items.

In terms of damage, the builds are as follows:

Pure INT > INT/AGI > Standard Throwing Jester > STR/AGI > Standard Combo Jester

Pure INT jesters do the most damage, but they will always need a priest to give them accuracy buffs. Therefore, they cannot solo (at all). INT/AGI jesters can solo, since they have their own accuracy. They can solo easily until about 120. STR/AGI jesters are generally weaker, but their combo damage comes pretty close to throwing damage. They can solo easily until level 100.

Jesters require money when they do not follow standard builds. This means costume sets and G gears, and that means money. If your jester is your first character, it might be wise to pick a standard combo jester build (meet requirements for armor and rest into STR/AGI). Combo jesters are the cheapest build.

CRAFTSMAN 鍛冶士 (kajishi)

This is the blacksmith/crafter of this game. However, unlike in many other games, craftsmen tend to drain money when they're crafting and/or refining. Their specialties include cooking and weapon/armor/accessory crafting and refining. The most notable characteristic of craftsmen is the ability to add G, DG, and XG attributes to items. Not only will it remove stat requirements needed to wear these gears, but it will also increase their effectiveness and help immensely.

Unfortunately, crafting and refining success rates are very low. Scrolls are also rare, hence the reason why you won't find many G items in stores, let alone DG or XG.

The main stats you'll be leveling as a craftsman are STR and LUK. STR affects the power of your attacks and LUK is needed to wear equipment and make use of craft scrolls. The ratio of distribution to these stats varies depending on the type of craftsman you'll make.

Equipment-wise, you'll be gaining - stats from early equipment, mainly to your attack speed and accuracy.. These items will decrease stats that you desperately need to survive as a craftsman, namely Hit Rate and Attack Speed. Most craftsmen wear costume sets (especially ones that add attack speed) and hammers with no requirement. For accessories, wear anything that increases accuracy, attack speed, or both. Later on, the stat reductions from armor will be less, so don't worry about having to find costume sets to last you.

Craftsmen have a couple of attacks with accuracy boosts and high damage. Deadly Blow is the first one you start with, and a powerful one at that. You'll be gaining 30 levels using this until you can get your next attack skill, but be aware of the fact that damage from the level 30 skill doesn't stabilize or max out until a little bit later. However, it can do critical damage. You'll also get some nice AoE attacks later on as well. Don't worry too much about the bomb skill - bombs are too much of a hassle to craft.

As a craftsman, you'll be gaining quick levels early on, since you can train on many difficult monsters (provided that you have a priest or HP potions).
One key thing to note that's wrong about my craftsman thing is that LUK does not affect success rates.

Here's a picture of my normal-build male mage on Seal. I don't have screenshots of my female, pure INT (she wears the soccer uniform because it has the same def as her level 80 set) yet. I might be able to log on and take pictures, if anyone wants me to.

The snowflake adds magic and is one of the most commonly used accessories for mages.

Upgrades go up to +12. In the picture, my snow crystal is +8, but I use a +9 now. That Santa set isn't a cash outfit, either - it's a costume.

Refining is less rigged than in Fiesta, since the success rates are known and not unfair.

As far as PvP goes, it's unbalanced - Warriors and Knights dominate. Mages WOULD be better, but they have -15 movement speed if they don't have any equipment or their buff to improve it. The game differentiates between physical and magic attack, but not physical and magic defense.

Last edited by Antagonist; 08-06-2007 at 12:51 AM..
Old 08-06-2007, 01:00 AM   #17
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
Thanks for that, Ant. It really helped @__@
Old 08-06-2007, 01:01 AM   #18
Antagonist
King Crab

Originally Posted by Rightclaw View Post
Thanks for that, Ant. It really helped @__@
Were you being serious or are you mocking me? =[

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that there are no job changes like in Fiesta. You pick a class and level 120 times or more and you get all your skills in that job.

The only thing that I would consider a "job change" is when you level to 80/100 and start needing skill books to learn your skills (like with Fire/Ice Mastery).
Old 08-06-2007, 01:02 AM   #19
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
I was being serious. o.o

I hate how Mages have -15% movement speed ;_;

I wanna rape Knights+Warriors D:
Old 08-06-2007, 01:06 AM   #20
Antagonist
King Crab

Originally Posted by Rightclaw View Post
I was being serious. o.o

I hate how Mages have -15% movement speed ;_;

I wanna rape Knights+Warriors D:
Movement speed doesn't become too much of a problem. If you notice under my mage section in my guide, you'll see that we get a self-buff called "Staff Booster", which increases our movement speed by about 6~8% (I forgot the percentage). Also, you can wear ugly flippers at some level or soccer cleats (I use the cleats and they're <3) for extra movement speed.

It's called Staff Booster because we ride our staves. Guys ride their staves like a hoverboard and girls ride them like a witch's broom, except their legs are off to the side and their idle movement is a back flip.
Closed Thread