Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 04:20 PM   #71
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about

can't really compare these to flyff in terms of translation, at least these games are still in beta. a year+ after beta they still hadn't even thought about changing the translation issues in flyff. heck i don't even know if they've fixed it now and there's no telling what kind of horrible translations the new npcs are gonna have in that game.

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Old 12-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #72
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Destrus View Post
can't really compare these to flyff in terms of translation, at least these games are still in beta. a year+ after beta they still hadn't even thought about changing the translation issues in flyff. heck i don't even know if they've fixed it now and there's no telling what kind of horrible translations the new npcs are gonna have in that game.
I never thought of this. yeah. The translations were never fixed, and I played it for a year( Versions 5-8)
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 12-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #73
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
heh, i played from the first beta up til they went to v9. i saw the same bad translations from the first time i played in july '05 up til i quit. some were fixed but there were still some bad ones and then the new npcs also had bad translations. they pretty much sucked. the only reason why people didn't notice so much is because there were guides for every quest that needed it before the new ones were added. the quests were so terribly translated that the npc would say one thing and you'd have something different in your quest log. some quests had absolutely nothing pointing you to where you needed to go and whoever figure it out either got it translated from korean or japanese or guesses their way through. the npc names given in the quests were almost all wrong. flyff was just horribly translated and whoever did that part of the english version should've been fired.

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Closed Thread