Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Whats your build?

I'm just curious as to what your Mage build is. I don't want advice, tips, etc. I just want to know what your build is and how its working out for you. Feel free to discuss one another's build but do not criticize each other. The best way to learn anything is by learning from your mistakes. Anyways, for my Mage i'm going 1:1 for both INT and SPR.

I know a lot of people go 1:2, INT and SPR but I feel its better to just point the points evenly into them. After all the 5% crit bonus isn't that big of a deal and you get a skill to raise your SP later anyways. I'm also buying one ring that adds INT and one right that adds SPR. I haven't really gotten far into the game so I can't really tell you how its working out but its doing pretty good thus far.

Also if you don't mind telling me whats your preference, Wands or Staves? And why? Also what do you think about the Mages armor? Both now and later on.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:58 PM   #2
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
@28, i'm 21 int and 12-13 spr. I've got 2x more sp than hp. Using a staff right now but thinking bout getting a wand @ 30. Grinding on bats right now and with a staff they get 2 shot at me, so i'm thinking with the added damage on the wand they may only get 1; which in turn would help me grind much faster rather than shrooming. Also, i got +7 int and +6int/+4spr rings and +1% crit +40hp earrings. I like my mage, but i take way too much damage I gotta drop 'em before they get me
Old 10-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
IMO, don't buy rings that only add +1 stats. Not exactly worth it. If you stay in a certain map long enough the monster will drop it... you can also get rings from quests.

For me my mage build is going full SPR until level 20. I like that boost of criticals and it helps me keep going faster. When I train I'd rather rest than use up pots/stones if possible so if I can keep going longer with one rest the better. Once I reach level 20 I'm probably going to go DEX:SPR or DEX:INT. I'm not sure of which and what ratio but I'm going to try this out and see how it works out. I'll always have a vit scroll on me but I'd rather the monster completely miss me and get extra hits on them without worrying about my own character missing.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Server: Teva
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
No real "ratio" for my build, but I started out by adding 15 to int one after the other. I did this so I'd have an easier time leveling up at the starting stages. The monsters in the beginning have very small variation in their hp as they go up in level, and so the little boost you get from adding to int actually makes a difference.

However, after the 15 points I realized what the benefits of spr are and made my mind up to start adding as much of it as possible.

So, my build now is +15 INT, all other points after that to SPR.

As I said in another thread, I wish I hadn't put those 15 points in INT. If I had been more patient in the beginning, those 15 points could now give me 1,5 % crit instead of a damage boost I cannot even notice.

As for weaponry, I prefer wands. The reasons are purely statistical, as I think staves tend to look better than wands. Wands have more power, more crit, but less aim. I'm always using a power scroll to increase aim, so the use of more aim for me on a staff is infinitely smaller than the use of having more chance to crit. Especially as my build is geared toward critting.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:46 AM   #5
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
I use 1:1 INT/SPR.

Right now, I have a mage at 5:25 INT/SPR.

There's a noticeable difference in critting.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:52 AM   #6
Ledah
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Ledah
Current Level: 52
Server: Teva
Ledah is on a distinguished road
For me, I went END SPR and had equip 2 +15 END ring as well as stats from weapon and gears which help boost my hp. The additional hp gain from the END are somewhat useful in my opinion as i had near 2.1k hp with a Lv2 endure from cleric, and this is essential if you are doing aoe training. SPR is also useful due to the critical rate even if its 5%, as coupled with earring and weapon critical, you would be doing critical frequently.

I prefer staffs when it comes to weapon. Well, part of the reason is that i likes big weapon..lolx..staffs have higher aim than wand and i know that through the use of aim scroll could cover then difference, and it doesnt cost alot either..but i dun have to use aim scroll now training on Archon Juinor, Pixy, Orc. Its mainly personal preferences
Old 10-08-2007, 02:09 AM   #7
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
Full INT right now. I guess I'll add some SPR later on.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:02 AM   #8
Tarokun
Mushroom

Tarokun is on a distinguished road
full int 25 spr
Old 10-08-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Now that I think about it... going past 25 SPR is slightly pointless. If what people say is right about how after 25 SPR the crit rate only goes up by .1% then there's really no point in trying that as it would take at least 10 points of SPR to raise it just up by 1. Which is about 12-13ish at level 100. And those chances are still very low. Not to mention all that extra SP isn't really needed. So once my SPR reaches 25 (at level 35) i'm going full INT afterwards.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:58 PM   #10
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I think I'm going to start adding more to INT now. Up til now, I was 1:2 INT:SPR.
Closed Thread