Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:13 PM   #1
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
In combat

Last night in my guild, we were debating which build of mage would win when in a guild war.

For instance.. Geddy and I. We're both lvl 40 mages. My build is 1:2 INT:SPR. His build is 1:1 END:INT. They came to the conclusion that I'd win if we were to fight. Because.. even though he has more END, it doesn't really help mages. We still have low defense, it only gives him 150 more HP than me, but since I have more SPR, magic defense, and I have more chances on critting him. Also, I wouldn't run out of SP as quickly as him. I have about 300 more SP than him I believe.

What build do you guys think would be best for pvp combat?
Old 10-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
Even though i've never participated in a guild war, my instincts tells me that SPR would totally own. Burst damage is what makes people lose their cool in combat. They'd expect a 300-400 hit (at your level i'd guess), but BAM! you get that lucky crit, and have him/her scrambling on their keyboard for their stone/pot.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:05 PM   #3
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Yeah, and Mana drain and purge are very useful in guild wars ^o^
Old 10-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #4
Elrohier
Mara Pirate Sailor

In-Game Name: Elrohier
Current Level: 2x
Server: Teva
Elrohier is on a distinguished road
Currently im going 1:1 Str, Int. Is that a good alround build or does it need changes?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #5
Yosei
Corgi Addict

STR doesn't do anything for mages. If you want damage, look more into INT, and SPR. Int does Mdamage, SPR gives you SP and raises your crit rate.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:53 AM   #6
Elrohier
Mara Pirate Sailor

Whoops, i ment SPR and INT 1:1. My bad.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:06 AM   #7
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
1:1 INT/SPR is a good build. Mages with extra defense doesn't make a difference, a fighter, cleric, or archer will only do around 10 less damage anyways. The HP bonus from putting points in END is good though...it never hurts to have more HP. But since a mage is a DPSer, some variant of 1:1 INT/SPR is your best bet...high critical and damage.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:00 AM   #8
Elrohier
Mara Pirate Sailor

I hear after 25 SPR the amount of extra MP and critical rate goes down and its better to put it in Int, any thoughts on it?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:18 AM   #9
Ledah
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Ledah
Current Level: 52
Ledah is on a distinguished road
im End : Spr built...with End rings and equipments stats..the extra amount of hp gain is useful..
Old 10-04-2007, 04:14 PM   #10
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
I'm going 1:1 INT and SPR. So far its working out quite nicely. I just buy one ring of INT and one ring of SPR to constantly try and balance them out... despite the fact that SPR is still and will always be lower than INT.
Closed Thread