Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 04:16 AM   #21
Esen
Mini Jewel Keeper

In-Game Name: Kayem
Current Level: 5X
Server: Teva
Esen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Esen

For a few movies about a book/book series, I can appreciate the movie if I think about what would my opinion be if I had not read the book or if there was no book to read. This is assuming the movie was not just a bad movie in the first place.

For those few movies, I can definitely say the movie was good or even great, though I still enjoyed the book more. Like Loveless said, it's fun using your own imagination. Movies also often have to or choose to leave things out or change a few things due to issues with how long the movie will be or something, which I would only notice because I read the book.

Never had much interest in stories with vampires before to be honest. Also went through a brief period where I was just tired of them completely when I was in high school. Which was odd as I didn't really read many things that focused on vampires in the first place. /shrugs

I think Twilight will be the first (for a book).

I'll pretty much read anything now as long as I can endure the first five or so chapters, assuming the book has a slow start or something. Sometimes I'm end up enjoying the rest of the book, whether I find it great or simply good is another question. I remember giving up on one book back in high school, and now I wish I didn't.

zZzZzZzZz
Dragon Cave
Old 09-23-2008, 04:30 AM   #22
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
That's the best way to view a movie based off of a book. You have to really appreciate the difference of how you can tell a story in different media. Its really hard to obtain that level of objectivity with a work you're particularly fond of, though. I really hope they do justice with the Watchmen movie coming out.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:04 AM   #23
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I think it is a book you can get hooked into but again it really depends on taste, doesn't hurt to try though. I don't usually read or I haven't read fantasy-ish genre since grade school (dragons, witches, etc) and had stuck to strictly more probably stories such as forensics, CSI-like things.

The first couple of pages will start off like any story a bit boring with the introductions... but once she meets the vampire things will get interesting. I'm already half way through the second book. It's good to be on a break, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten any homework done. .__.

Something I do when I pick up a book is usually see the cover, then the title... then I'd open up to a random page and read it. Since the climax is around 3/4 of the book if that seems interesting enough I read the rest. I did like Harry Potter but... after the 4th book Harry was kind of getting on my nerves and the first few chapters didn't get me hooked enough to finish.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:23 AM   #24
Carmasa
Marlone Clan Soldier

Carmasa is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Carmasa
Twilight:
Loved it. Amazzzinnnggg book.

New Moon:
Eh. Twilight was better.

Eclipse:
...Um... Why did people wait for this?

Breaking Dawn:
Re-arranged worded from http://www.fanfic.net. = =

Movie: Edward looks more gay than ...hm... let's just say, he's the thin version of Rosie O'Donnell.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:23 PM   #25
Hazu
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Lets run away
Current Level: together
Server: from this place
Hazu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Hazu
The book wasnt bad honestly, but I thought the sparkling part was too... out of the normal story line of vampires. It's not that I dont have an imagination (... you have no idea xD ) but sparkling... in sunlight.. where where I draw the line. =P They can survive sunlight for all i care aslong as they dont sparkle.
But the obsessione veryone has with the book actually disgusts me so much Im not even able to read trhough new Moon. I might in a few years, when people get over it and move on.

Besides that the book isnt bad. The plot is a bit obvious... to me. But it's still interesting and a good book to read. Even if your not into the whole vampire thing. If you like fantasy or sciencefiction or just have a open mind you prob wont be able to put it down.

The obsessed people just got to me so i cant even pick it up. u.u..
Old 09-24-2008, 12:12 AM   #26
Loveless
Super Moderator

Obsessed? .__.

I agree with you on the sparkling part. While I was reading I was like "...... LOLWTF??!" Of all the things that could've happened he sparkles.

I'm just getting into the third book. The plot (now that I've read 2 of the books) is a bit too obvious but the suspense is what keeps me reading. I agree with some of the critics where I believe the author could've pushed herself more to do something more extraordinary but I suppose she's just starting out and it's always easier said than done. Overall I do love the series, it's a good read.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #27
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
HEY! I finally made up my mind to read the series too a week ago LOL.

I just finished the third book. They're really good, but everything is so ... mushy. Bella needs to get a life and she also needs an epiphany. Book 2 was pretty disappointing, but I did like Jacob a lot lol. Third book was alright also, but it gets a bit too mushy again.

And I really recommend the Uglies series too! I like action and distopia/utopia novels, and the series was really suspenseful. The fourth book is a bit strange, though it has some pretty funny moments LOL.

{ enraya ! }
Old 09-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #28
Loveless
Super Moderator

Yeah, Bella definitely isn't my favourite person. Makes me want to slap her at times... :/

I'll try the Uglies then. I seem to be on a book reading roll now... (then it fades for another xx years).
Old 09-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #29
A_Forever
:w

You all should try Blue Bloods too. :x
Old 09-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #30
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
^ MY FRIEND IS READING THAT BOOK!

/deja-vu

{ enraya ! }
Closed Thread