Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 02:04 AM   #11
A_Forever
:w

Umm. I think the first book has 495. Second one in the 500's. 3rd one in the 600's and the 4th one in the 700/800's? xD!!

Yeah. I have mine stacked in my room from 1st-4th and it looks cool. Haha.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:15 AM   #12
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
You're right, in the fact that it probably does have to do with the age and gender factor. There are certainly books that I've found my opinions changing over the years. I never really cared for the Harry Potter books, either. The impact they had of engaging tradionally non-readers into picking up a book was good, but I didn't care for Rowling's prose. Ah well, to each his/her own.

As for Twilight, having read a lot of vampire literature before that point, I saw nothing really new it brought to the genre. Vampire romance is as old as the hills. I've been meaning to pick up the Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris. Vampire rights as a thinly veiled metaphor for gay rights sounds like it has potential. I also hear they're making an HBO series from the source material.

A "young adult" series of books I recently read was the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. I'd suggest picking it up if you have the time. I've only read the first three (just saw on wiki there is a fourth one), but they're rather well written and explore themes that resonate with teenagers/young adults.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:17 AM   #13
UserName
Jewel Grave Robber

In-Game Name: Disappear
Current Level: 2x
Server: Epith
UserName is on a distinguished road
i dont like books that continue,
it doesnt give me that feeling of
"ARRRRRRRRRGH, I WANT ANOTHER BOOK"
Old 09-23-2008, 02:17 AM   #14
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Were there four? @_@

*always thought it was a trilogy*
Old 09-23-2008, 02:18 AM   #15
UserName
Jewel Grave Robber

now you know its a quadilogy
Old 09-23-2008, 02:19 AM   #16
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
As for Twilight, having read a lot of vampire literature before that point, I saw nothing really new it brought to the genre. Vampire romance is as old as the hills. I've been meaning to pick up the Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris. Vampire rights as a thinly veiled metaphor for gay rights sounds like it has potential. I also hear they're making an HBO series from the source material.
I actually started to read the first Charlaine Harris novel. I couldn't get through it. Just wasn't that interesting to me. But... I didn't know it was supposed to be a veiled metaphor for gay rights............ *too young at the time*
Old 09-23-2008, 02:19 AM   #17
A_Forever

Yeah. I read the Uglies series last school year.. As did my brother. We really liked it, but thats because we like books having to do with dystopias.

Right now though, I'm really into the Blue Bloods series >.<' I think I like it more than Twilight. Its by Melissa De La Cruz.

Last edited by A_Forever; 09-23-2008 at 02:20 AM.. Reason: Capital T and by*
Old 09-23-2008, 02:32 AM   #18
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Midnight Sun? So is there like a 5th part in the making? -wonders how think that is going to be- I went to the book store thinking I'd be getting 2nd and 3rd too... until the store clerk passed me 1 more. That was quite heavy.

Blue Bloods series huh? I'm guessing a vampire story as well... that'd be interesting to read. But in terms of the page numbers... I don't think it's really that big of a deal? I mean the font size is fairly large compared to what I'm usually reading anyway.

@UserName: I know what you mean but even a series will make you want more when it comes to an end. That is if the author is good and leaves some things to the imagination.

Might be why people say movies are bad, it's the director's interpretation of the book where you probably had another POV. I'm just glad I didn't see the HP movies so I won't be stuck on the actor that plays Edward as Cedric. :3
Old 09-23-2008, 02:34 AM   #19
A_Forever

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Midnight Sun? So is there like a 5th part in the making? -wonders how think that is going to be- I went to the book store thinking I'd be getting 2nd and 3rd too... until the store clerk passed me 1 more. That was quite heavy.

Blue Bloods series huh? I'm guessing a vampire story as well... that'd be interesting to read. But in terms of the page numbers... I don't think it's really that big of a deal? I mean the font size is fairly large compared to what I'm usually reading anyway.
Its Twilight from Edward's PoV.<3

Can dl the draft here and read about why she isn't finishing it: http://stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

Yeahh. Its like Gossip Girl meets Twilight LOL. Ralath likes it too >_>'
Old 09-23-2008, 02:35 AM   #20
UserName
Jewel Grave Robber

Hmm,

What is the series about anywayz?
If a book is good i can get hooked easily=]