Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 06:35 AM   #11
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of

^ I know about not holding things like that too highly but the only real difference that I can find about the schools themselves are the distances and that one is more famous than the other. Both offer the courses I'm interested in otherwise I wouldn't have considered them.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:08 AM   #12
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Thanks to everyone who posted an opinion...indecision still lingers though but you've made things a little more simple.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:17 AM   #13
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Np, have to help my cleric buddy!
Old 11-11-2007, 12:07 PM   #14
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Best of luck to you both.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:34 PM   #15
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Little late, but thought I would throw my advice out there to you.
I agree with Hrae, you have to do what is right for you and what is best for you and your future. If going to this better school will offer you a better life and a better life for her, then go for it.
Talk to your girlfriend, explain to her how you simply want a better life for the both of you, and make sure she is willing to commit herself to a long distance relationship. With the internet, text messaging, and all the other technology out there today, you will still be able to have contact with her everyday. Go home as much as possible to spend time with her, and do little things to surprise her and let her know that you love her. Like Snail mail her a "just because I love you" card - those are a good suprise because noone does that anymore and it is something that she can hold on to and read over and over again when she misses you. Or send her flowers just for the heck of it, and not roses, but a bouquet of mixed flowers - save the roses for more serious occasions, and that way she will think of you evertime she sees her flowers.
Also, just remember - just because you start out at this school, does not mean that you have to continue going there. You can always switch schools if you find it too hard of a strain on you, her, your aunt, your parents, or whoever else this might affect. But, you dont want to end up ten years down the road, going I wonder how my life would be if I had only gone to that better school......

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 11-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #16
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
I don't know what course you're aiming for but you said that both schools offer the same course, so I'll assume you know what you want to do and where you want to be several years from now, be it teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, doesn't really matter. I just want to make clear to you before you make this decision that which school you go to won't drastically affect where you'll end up in the long term. If both courses offered at the schools are the same, it won't make much of a difference where you end up in the industry. But, because one school is more prestigous than the other, you'll probably end up higher in that particular industry's ladder when you first apply for that job.

Let's say two people are applying to become teachers. One studied in a more prestigious school than the other prospective teacher. The person who attended the more prestigious school would have a definite advantage over the other person when applying for the job. However in reality, a lot of other things factor into it, such as how well your interview goes, prior experience (usually obtained from third or fourth year of the course), commitment to the job and passion. I suppose what I'm trying to say is, even though a school is reputed to be great, it won't make a huge difference in the end. Getting a diploma from the school with the better reputation is definitely a plus, and will affect where you are when you start your job. But hard work, passion and perseverance will be what really drives your career. If you really think in your heart it'll be a lot more difficult to study in the more prestigious school, for you, your family and your girlfriend, then I think you should give it a pass. It isn't something that regrettable for most jobs, believe me.

However, if you truly believe it'll be worthwhile to go through that sort of hardship (picking the "better" school), I gotta respect that too. It's true that some relationships can be destroyed because of distance, but it's also true that some grow stronger through it. You'll be able to understand your girlfriend and your relationship in a different context, go through hardships most relationships don't face, and if you both stick through those difficult years you'll be able to appreciate your relationship that bit more. I'd say seeing your girlfriend every two months is a difficult thing to work through. As you'll both be in a completely separate setting with a separate group of people, things could gradually change in your relationship (for better or worse) without either of you realising it or expecting it. Things happen, that is life.

I can see it's a tough choice for you, but I think what it really comes down to is whether or not you want to be in that prestigous school, and whether you think it'll truly make your future any easier. Personally, I'd pick the lower end school. I don't need much in my life, so a course teaching me the essentials that landed me my dream job (teaching) is adequate, and I don't think I'd be capable of distancing myself from my girlfriend like that. I know with technology these days communication isn't difficult, but nothing really beats sitting down or cuddling up with your loved one and just talking with them in real life.

Spirit's got a good suggestion too, I mean why not try the prestigous school out for a year and see how things go for you. Transferring schools is always a possibility, particularly transferring from a higher end school to a lower end one.
Closed Thread