Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
ManaMizer
Hero Slime

ManaMizer will become famous soon enough
A new kinda MMORPG?

Hey here is an idea of an MMORPG, I don't know what you all think of it, but i've seen things like it on muds... (i know most of you are like...what?)
muds text based mmorps, back in the dial up era.

Ok heres the idea. Create a character, Choose a side (Two sides. Empire vs Avalon)
and you have 10 hit points. No classes.
All skills are at 1%, you train by going through a noob camp, that will get you decently proficient in weapons you choose.
Skills include
Medical
Weapons,
Stances
Dodge
Block
Special attacks
Brawling
Blind fighting
Poison
Sniping
And more, (the point im getting at this is geared to realism not magical)

Armour gives you HP and reduces damage, the more it weighs the slower your attacks are.

Each Month there is an all out war between both sides.

But before I get into the war, let me tell you what you do before that.

There are NPC quests, “KQ’s” like this game, and hidden locations. By doing this you gain fame, skills to learn, and unique weapons. The goal is to build out a character for the war.

But noobs get a 30 day grace period.

The WAR

The war would be world wide, the first 3 days of the war is planning where to attack and organizing groups to attack and defend each location. It will be viewable by all players. Generals would lead each location, also based on fame. After day three, all attacks will be initiated through out the day, killing players gain fame, dying kicks you out of the for the war and you loose fame.
People can join the battle at anytime, for that 24 hour period. The side with most kills wins that location to quest and explore for the next month.

You can only join one battle for that month, there will be plenty of pvp while exploring, and you can gain and loose fame, do merc missions.

There will be pvp restrictions based on fame.

Equipment is lost when you die.

Hmmm I know there is more, but that’s the idea so far.. what do you all think?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Sounds good, but not all MMO players like pvp, or well, like to play purely to pvp. But I could see if attracting pvpheads.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
This an idea you have for a mmo ?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
ManaMizer
Hero Slime

ManaMizer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by mikey3536 View Post
This an idea you have for a mmo ?
yeah.

its like an RPG for Call of duty in some ways.
I dont have as much time as I used to so I was thinking of a kinda game that you dont have to play all the time to get be noticed.

All skills would require rhthmatic combonations (for example you would need to learn which skills to use after the other, and only certain ones will work and it would have to be on a certain stance and exact timing of where the characters hands are during the skills.)

Like a power downward slash followed up with an uppercut, or a frenzy attack ending on the right side and a backhand swing to bring it back to the ready position to do anoter combo.

Also when you block or parry its has to timed and specified where you are blocking, (kinda why shields are easier to use than dual weapons)

and counter attackes, ect. Its programable.