Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 08-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #11
Mourning
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Mourning, Syrte
Current Level: 8x, 6x
Server: Legel
Mourning is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
I believe devestate isnt a full circle.. bit i think it's a little bit more than a semi circle.. prob 3/4 of a circle LOL

Sometimes you hit a mob behind you coz you or the mob is on the move, due to lag/movement sometimes it appears that you hit a mob behind you (or is really close to you..)

but fairly sure it doesn't do a full circle..
Yeah, I thought it was only mobs in front of you... But then if I have a gang of mobs in front and a gang of mobs behind, I can hit both sets of mobs. Not 100% of the time, of course, but then dev isn't 100% guaranteed. I don't know... one of the mysteries of fiesta? I'll just settle for being happy when it does hit =^.^=
Mourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #12
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm I might go test it on a few slimes then =D

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:21 AM   #13
Gobbledydook
Hungry Wolf

In-Game Name: Gobbledydook
Current Level: 100 Glad!
Server: Epith
Gobbledydook is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have anything...more constructive to add to the guide?
Gobbledydook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #14
Gobbledydook
Hungry Wolf

Tried out Devastate...the range seems pretty large. But those behind you really don't get hit...
Old 08-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #15
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Thx for clarification ~

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #16
Helion

Tournaments Won: 35

Fine for lower levels, I guess, but when you get to the 100s, you find that the majority of clerics are going Holy Knight, which is much more an offensive attacking player than a straight healer - I would say the ratio is 4/1 HK to Guardian on Teva from what I've seen. Most clerics around this level (lower 90s and up) have evolved into clanking and using the party heals to keep the members healthy while still attacking. Also, one of these party heals, Awaken, pulls enough aggro that I can keep the attention off of the fighters. Most fighters are going Gladiator, the DD fighter as opposed to the tanking Knight, so in a party at these levels, you are likely to find a HK doing the tanking while allowing the others to deal damage from everywhere. Full endurance clerics are rare, so not quite sure where that line came from, and I know I was never one hit or anything close to a one hit from any appropriate level boss (Helga doesn't count, she can one hit anybody below L100).
Old 08-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #17
Gobbledydook
Hungry Wolf

Well....by the time you get to lv 100 you should have had enough experience to discard my guide and form your own conclusions...maybe even write a guide of your own.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:38 AM   #18
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Moved to Final/Recommended Guides.
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:43 AM   #19
Ninianne
Slime

Ninianne is on a distinguished road
Well, i'm an expert on mages, but i'm a noob in any other classes, even when i'm starting to play a cleric (and is not that hard as the fisrst steps as a mage, but not easy tho). as a cleric i'm level 36 atm, and i've joinde robo once, what a hard kq, keep everyone alive is harder than what i tought, i only keep helaed my party, and couldnt heal anybody else, i dont know if that was because the kq or because i'm still too noob to heal everyone Q.Q

but well, as a mage (i'm level 94 as a mage) i can say:

for levels 1 ~ 20.

be carefull, clerics at those levels use to fight and not to heal, so just try to hit mobs 1 by 1, uf you get the aggro just run while atacking with electric bolt, and atack any monster with ice bolt as your 1st atack, that way you have a chance to get the enemie slower, so if he runs after you you can hit it one or two more times before it gets you >.<.

for level 20 ~ 60.

Do the same, and when you have a tanker use magic burst inside the enemie's circle. but only after warrior use mock, or you'll get like 5 ~ 6 mobs hitting you at the same time and you'll die in like 2 seconds lol.

for levels 60+

when you hit level enchanter you must buy nova, well, you have to empower its cooldown time, its a must, so you can always have a nova on the floor.

ok, and now, from level 60 to 67 you only will be able to use frost nova and magic burst as your aoe bombs, dont doubt in chain casting nova, do it everytime you can.

ok, at level 67+, when you get inferno, there is an important tip, your first atack should ALWAYS be frost nova, taking your distance, whoever be mobbing.

Some mages think that the aoe combo should start with magic burst, well, thats a stupid idea because as i said, if you get the aggro, you'll die in like 2 seconds, but if you use nova the mobs get slower, and if that nova is the first atack that hits the mob and you get the aggro, you'll have like 3 seconds, in that 3 seconds tanker can use mock, cleric can use invinsible on you, or you can run lol.

In dungeons like CC and DT where you can be killed even by a fly, never use inferno. Inferno and Magic burst will always make you win the aggro, if you only use nova in there you'll be ok, i know because i spamed those two places, and everytime i use inferno or magic burst i got atacked, not always killed because sometimes clerics and fighters did miracles to save me, and when i only used nova i was fine.

so the way to AoE mobs with a fighter in your party should be:
fighter + mage

1.- Someone mob (pull the nearest mobs), with a sc shop mover its the best way to do it; anyone can mob, even you.

2.- when the guy whos pulling the mobs quit his mover (another tip, when you quit your mover dont move, not even one step or you can lose all your monsters >.<), you should cast nova in front of him, if he's a fighter, you dont have to wait for him to use mock, remember that nova has a 2seconds casting time, so fighter has arround 5 seconds since he quit the mover until he uses mock to gain the aggro.

3.- use inferno, some people think that is better if you run and use MB, but inferno has also 2 seconds as casting time, so the difference will be like 1 hit, and also most of the mobs should die before you can use magic burst, in fact inferno only should hit them once or twice.

The way you AoE without a fighter in your party (you'll become the tanker) >.<. Cleric + mage

0.- scroll up >.<.

1.- Mob.

2.- cast nova in front of you.

4.- now do use Magic burst.

5.- cast inferno.

6.- Magic burst.

7.- Nova.

mobs should die before you use nova for the second time.

How to hunt with an archer:

well, this is hard, mage + archer are not that cool duo, but they can do it by 2 different ways:

a) just use follow on the archer and then spam magic blast to all the enemies you can target.

b) use an sc mover, and then run just in front to the archer and cast nova where the mobs are going to pass, next to that nova cast inferno, if they dont die summon your mover and do it again >.<. (remember, nova and inferno have a cast time, thats why is so hard to cast nova where the mobs are going to pass)

what else? well, another big tip is: never use life tap, is a waste of time, use a SP stone, it will recover 5x times the SP, with 1/3 the cool down, and clerics will love you :P.
Ninianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:59 AM   #20
akitamora
Imp

akitamora is on a distinguished road
That, is a very well outlined guide to parties, before I saw it, I wasn't exactly sure how partying worked, so thank you for that.

-Akitamora
akitamora is offline   Reply With Quote