Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
Moririen
Crab

In-Game Name: Cleomenes
Current Level: 73
Server: Teva Teva
Moririen is on a distinguished road
Mages build

ok i just made a mage so i came to for advice and if helth is such a problem then why put 25 in spr instead of putting it in end cause thats what i did and i haven't died since lvl 5. (against a mushroom fighter.

sure im onlly lvl 22 but i've seen alot of dead mages.

and also why keep the lvl 1 magic missile and fire bolt?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
End becomes rather useless at higher levels because mages don't get block rate since they don't equip shields. A bit of END may seem to benefit at first, but that stays at the lower levels. Unless you go FULL END, you probably won't notice the difference at all. But I don't know many mages that go full END, full INT or 25 SPR/Rest INT builds are more favoured.

Pretty much, you're gonna die a lot either way. We usually stock up END gears, as I think END stats in gears benefits the same way as stat points for mages (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong). Even if I'm wrong though, I think END stats in gears benefits mages more than SPR/INT stats in gears, that's why people put in SPR/INT in their build and just get END gears to compensate.

END gears are great, but to be honest, my mage is 7x and I still die alot anyway. Only way to get real tough is to get enhance armours, which involves lots of SC $$. Scrolls also help alot.

Besides, you get crit from SPR stat points. You do not get crit from SPR gears.

----

We keep magic missile and fire bolt at level 1 because of our lack of skills at the beginning. If you empower magic missile CD, the CD is uh.. 1.3 sec? I forgot, might need to check the Wiki for that. But magic missile is our bread and butter most of the time, since we do not have any other skills to "spam". Same with fire bolt. Level 1 fire bolt is only 4 seconds, but level 2 and up is 15 seconds. That's a lot of waiting.

However, at higher levels, you'll get more skills and it's not so much of an issue then. Doesn't hurt to save the money earlier in levels, then buy them later when you reckon you have enough skills to spam.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Even if you go full END, at level 105, you'll only get a bonus of about 600 HP. You can easily compensate for that through your equips. I don't even have max END on my equips but they give me over 1000 HP all up (I haven't logged in for a while so this could be wrong, LOL).
Old 06-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
Moririen
Crab

ok i guess that makes sence with the magic missile and the fire bolt

i guess the mages are alittle more complicated then the other classes

Are those the only powers i should keep at level 1?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:55 AM   #5
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Yeah.

Oh, you can keep dispel at 1 too. I know dispel 1 can get rid of any tier buffs, but I'm not sure if that has been fixed since I haven't been on a while either haha.

Some people also don't use life tap. I personally don't like it, I don't see the point in converting my HP to SP when I don't have enough HP to survive Dx Some clerics (i.e. my cleric) also get annoyed at mages who use life tap when I party with them, LOL.

So if you're short on money, life tap could be a skill to give up on until you feel like trying it.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:23 AM   #6
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Actually I think there was a debuff I couldn't get rid of at one stage with level 1 dispel. I forgot which tier it was.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #7
Moririen
Crab

yeah i found the life tap to be utterly useless so i won't be getting that.

and tried the lvl 1 magic missile and fire bolt and i was surprised that it was better thanks for all the advice
Old 06-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #8
aramil001
Grave Wolf

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: aramil001, aramils_revenge, IDK_a_namE, Kagame
Current Level: 67 fighter, 44 Cleric, 20 Fighter, 14 Archer
Server: Teva, Cypon
aramil001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to aramil001 Send a message via Skype™ to aramil001
Lie tap seems useless, unless you are in a party with a cleric, then it's okay... I wish it took SP and turned it into HP though.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #9
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
Thats what the cleric does..

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 06-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
aramil001
Grave Wolf

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: aramil001, aramils_revenge, IDK_a_namE, Kagame
Current Level: 67 fighter, 44 Cleric, 20 Fighter, 14 Archer
Server: Teva, Cypon
aramil001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to aramil001 Send a message via Skype™ to aramil001
I know but ti be able to recover a small amount of HP would decrease the chances of mages dying...