Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
Ranger vs. Sharpshooter

As many of you may or may not know, at the lvl 120 job change, every class has to choose a path: for clerics, guardians or holy knights, for fighters, knights or gladiators, for mages, wizard or warlock, and for us, the archers, ranger or sharpshooter.

However, i'm not quite sure of the differences between the classes. some have speculated that it's difference in weapon type, though i personally doubt that... it doesnt make too much sence to me, seeing as the lvl 120 mace goes more with the guardian than the holy knight, and so on, but i'd like to open this thread to post theories about it on, or, if this information is already out, could someone please tell me the difference in class?

EDIT: i forgot to mention, even further proof that the weapon-class theory is false is the fact that fighters would then lose the one-handed sword, one of the weapons used more often by the class, in favor of the two handed sword, a weapon which, to my knowlege, is considered unfavorable.

Last edited by Jikanu; 12-25-2008 at 10:49 PM..
Old 12-26-2008, 06:27 AM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I'm not quite sure on the theories but I don't know where you heard that the 2h weapons are unfavourable. They are actually much more favoured in terms of damage. You'll see more people running around with an axe than a 1h sword and shield.

I'll look around and try to find the differences... though I don't think much info is out yet.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
Jikanu
Lizardman

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
I'm not quite sure on the theories but I don't know where you heard that the 2h weapons are unfavourable. They are actually much more favoured in terms of damage. You'll see more people running around with an axe than a 1h sword and shield.

I'll look around and try to find the differences... though I don't think much info is out yet.
not two handed WEAPONS. two handed SWORDS. i've heard they are much less favorable than either the axe or the one handed sword
Old 12-27-2008, 01:37 AM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Well, then they would choose to use the two handed axe instead if it was to separate into one or the other. Most choose the 2h sword due to looks if anything.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:24 AM   #5
Jikanu
Lizardman

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Well, then they would choose to use the two handed axe instead if it was to separate into one or the other. Most choose the 2h sword due to looks if anything.
*sigh* i understand that. i've been on the outspark forums for a long long time. Tanks generally choose the one handed sword and shield combo to my knowledge though. we're getting off topic though. the point is, that would hurt the fighter class, seeing as more choose the one handed sword than the two handed sword.

Now, back on topic, are there any theories whatsoever on which class will do what?
Old 12-28-2008, 03:25 AM   #6
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
There IS a difference in weapons.
There's a pic around here from BK, but I'm too lazy to find it LOL. There are also tons of threads in the officials on it.
I'm going whichever one is xbow (ranger I think?). I still prefer it over the bow xD

>edit
My post made no sense LOL.
There's a difference in both weapons and armour looks at the main job split. You can go see the different armours/weaps in the wiki. There's also a pic around here showing you the lvl 120 weapons/armours from BK.

{ enraya ! }

Last edited by Enraya; 12-28-2008 at 03:41 AM..
Old 12-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #7
Jikanu
Lizardman

Originally Posted by lightningmystix View Post
There IS a difference in weapons.
There's a pic around here from BK, but I'm too lazy to find it LOL. There are also tons of threads in the officials on it.
I'm going whichever one is xbow (ranger I think?). I still prefer it over the bow xD

>edit
My post made no sense LOL.
There's a difference in both weapons and armour looks at the main job split. You can go see the different armours/weaps in the wiki. There's also a pic around here showing you the lvl 120 weapons/armours from BK.

hm... so we WILL have to go with one or the other? that still makes no sense to me, seeing as one handed swordsmen will be left out, and hammers make a hell of a lot more sense for holy knights than maces...
Old 12-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #8
Hazu
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Lets run away
Current Level: together
Server: from this place
Hazu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Hazu
Depends on yoru outlook on the cleric thing

/ offtopic
Bows are smexier than xbows D: xbows slower than snails angerme :P

/back on topic.. it think
Maybe the fighters get split of from Axe weilders v sword weilders or 2-hand weapon weilders v 1-hand. -shrugs-

But weapons will be split up depending on whatt course you decide to take it makes more sense that way since your having to choose from different classes. And each have different armor~
(Yellow armor <3 bow ftw)

o.o meow
Old 12-29-2008, 12:17 PM   #9
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
^ xbows do seem a bit slower even on skills o__o I don't know if it just seems slower because of the animation or something but it definitely feels a heck lot longer to cast Dx
They have so much more power though 8D
I use the same amount of skills to kill something with both my +0 xbow and +9 bow.

AND I DISAGREEE. XBOW LOOKS > BOWS ANY DAY. Bows look so flimsy D:

Does anyone know if there will be skill differences?

{ enraya ! }
Old 12-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #10
Jikanu
Lizardman

Originally Posted by lightningmystix View Post
^ xbows do seem a bit slower even on skills o__o I don't know if it just seems slower because of the animation or something but it definitely feels a heck lot longer to cast Dx
They have so much more power though 8D
I use the same amount of skills to kill something with both my +0 xbow and +9 bow.

AND I DISAGREEE. XBOW LOOKS > BOWS ANY DAY. Bows look so flimsy D:

Does anyone know if there will be skill differences?
from what we know, yes, there will be branching skill paths. no one can be certain though. not much info's been released.

either way, archers still wont have our full skill set. we're already missing 4 or so skills. who's gonna place bets on how many they leave out next class?