Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #21
bloodrops
Weakened Ogre

In-Game Name: Vividia
Current Level: 56/37/53/
Server: Teva <3
bloodrops is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I kind of know what you're going through. I find myself doing almost the same as you both ingame and in real life. But let's talk about ingame situations for now.

I wouldn't deny I do much for the better of the community. I plvl random people that I've never met before, just to listen to their requests and help them reach their goals. I take my time to help complete strangers with quests if asked, or - sometimes - I even shout to see if anyone needs help, just for the better for the community, because I know there are some jerks that just refuse - +swearing - to help others with quests. I give out green/enhanced armors and weapons to friends and others who are in need, and give away the quest items if someone needed them when others sold each for way too much. I try to deal with bullies that randomly spawn kill weaker ones in abyss, because I know it's not fair for some that have been working to bones to get exp and lose all of that exp in 5 mins.

I always believed that the more good deeds I did to people, the better the community would turn out, because those I helped would help out others in return for my help. But what happens is...the complete opposite. Elderine turns horrible day by day, more spammers, more pkers, more rude people just...pouring here and there everyday.

I guess it only shows how ugly human beings are :/
Comatose
I'll never wake up without an overdose of You
I don't wanna live, I dont wanna breathe
'Les I feel you next to me
You take the pain I feel
Waking up to You never felt so real
I don't wanna sleep, I don't wanna dream
'Cause my dreams don't comfort me
The way You make me feel
Waking up to You never felt so real

Old 12-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #22
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by Mindspank View Post
Seriously. Im just wondering. Recent events have come to pass that make me question my moral compass. Ive been giving away items. LOTS of items. Green weapons, Green armor, Uruga scrolls, Silver. LOTS of silver, my first +9 roumen bow (mind you this was ages ago), And now I just gave away REAL money.

So I was soloing in 5x abyss (I know, im THAT pimp) and some guy asked me if I had a +9 lvl 30 bow. I was using it. He asked if I had a spare +9 lvl 20 bow. Seriously, do I just keep enhanced weapons in my pockets? People must think so. I told him I gave it away. He asked me if I could enhance a roumen bow. He said he would pay me 500 silver. Sweet. I have been trying to save to buy a wedding ring so my IRL wife can mark her territory in another place. Why not, shes marked my facebook and myspace pages...

Plus the extra 300 silver could go to buying an NICE lvl 40 bow, as I just turned lvl 40. So I checked my sparkcash funds and I, reluctantly, agreed to do it. We agreed that if HE supplied the bow and necessary stones, I would supply the enhancement. Fair enough. I got to work. In the end (+7 to +9) it was a pain in the butt, but alas, it was finally finished. He told me that he didnt have the money right now. Well im not gonna just sit on some guys +9 roumen bow. I mean seriously, the stats on it SUCKED. I dont understand why he even wanted it enhanced to begin with. So I handed it over to him.

Well he said he had to go. In retrospect I have been doing alot of thinking and I have come to the conclusion that guy basicly got ten bucks off of me, as I tapped my sparkcash funds to make his bow, and here I sit, with the same ammount of money in my pocket as when I agreed to do it.

Well, five silver less cause I had to buy stones after the abyss...

I have always been about community. I give FREE SHIT away, for the community. I plvl total strangers, for the community. But im starting to think that the community that I have been supporting, doesnt give a FLYING FUCK about me. I have come to the realization that I think I might be too nice.

I know nobody in here plays with me in game or knows me in person, but how I am in game is the EXACT same way I am in person. Gullable.

Im tired of being stepped on. I mean if I was a member of a guild full of high level eliteist fags, I would kind of expect it. Im tired of being nice. Im tired of helping people. Im tired of community. FUCK community. Im keeping my money. Im selling my items. Im not partying anyone unless I know them. Im just tired of getting stepped on. I get stepped on enough in real life, I dont need that crap to cary over into a game.

Ill post the screenshots of the whole ordeal when I crop them and remove the names of the innocent. Sorry for the obscenities.
You are not alone. I give away nice junk too, but mostly to my friends and academy lackeys. As far as total strangers, I sell them stuff for super-low prices (to cover my stone funding). The community will take advantage of you if you let them. As far a pleveling, I charge for that not because some people go overboard with it and ks the whole time. Protect yourself.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 12-31-2008, 11:50 PM   #23
Shader
Little Hob

In-Game Name: Kallien, Avaia, Istral, Elennecia, Nuada, Nuala
Current Level: (Following order of above)38, 30, 28, 22, 8, 7
Server: Bijou, Apoline
Shader is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shader
*goes through the same problems* My in game Hubby Orbose tells me constantly I am far to nice for my own good. Fortunately, he looks out for me. If he thinks I'm being used or mistreated for my kindness and unwillingness to say no...he will step up in a heart beat and put a stop to it. Heh. I owe him a lot. That guy is really very sweet. I only wish I knew him in person. He is the perfect balancer for me.

Don't get me wrong...he 'is' kind and loves to help those in need as well, he just isn't against putting a stop to it if it goes to far. *sweatdrop* I myself, have a terribly hard time saying no to anyone and end up being drug through all sorts of stuff. >.<

But to answer your question...I don't think there is a thing as being to nice though there is a thing as going to far. I am guilty of that quite often.

(Made by moi using Paint Shop Pro 7.)
Closed Thread