Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
Am I too nice?

Seriously. Im just wondering. Recent events have come to pass that make me question my moral compass. Ive been giving away items. LOTS of items. Green weapons, Green armor, Uruga scrolls, Silver. LOTS of silver, my first +9 roumen bow (mind you this was ages ago), And now I just gave away REAL money.

So I was soloing in 5x abyss (I know, im THAT pimp) and some guy asked me if I had a +9 lvl 30 bow. I was using it. He asked if I had a spare +9 lvl 20 bow. Seriously, do I just keep enhanced weapons in my pockets? People must think so. I told him I gave it away. He asked me if I could enhance a roumen bow. He said he would pay me 500 silver. Sweet. I have been trying to save to buy a wedding ring so my IRL wife can mark her territory in another place. Why not, shes marked my facebook and myspace pages...

Plus the extra 300 silver could go to buying an NICE lvl 40 bow, as I just turned lvl 40. So I checked my sparkcash funds and I, reluctantly, agreed to do it. We agreed that if HE supplied the bow and necessary stones, I would supply the enhancement. Fair enough. I got to work. In the end (+7 to +9) it was a pain in the butt, but alas, it was finally finished. He told me that he didnt have the money right now. Well im not gonna just sit on some guys +9 roumen bow. I mean seriously, the stats on it SUCKED. I dont understand why he even wanted it enhanced to begin with. So I handed it over to him.

Well he said he had to go. In retrospect I have been doing alot of thinking and I have come to the conclusion that guy basicly got ten bucks off of me, as I tapped my sparkcash funds to make his bow, and here I sit, with the same ammount of money in my pocket as when I agreed to do it.

Well, five silver less cause I had to buy stones after the abyss...

I have always been about community. I give FREE SHIT away, for the community. I plvl total strangers, for the community. But im starting to think that the community that I have been supporting, doesnt give a FLYING FUCK about me. I have come to the realization that I think I might be too nice.

I know nobody in here plays with me in game or knows me in person, but how I am in game is the EXACT same way I am in person. Gullable.

Im tired of being stepped on. I mean if I was a member of a guild full of high level eliteist fags, I would kind of expect it. Im tired of being nice. Im tired of helping people. Im tired of community. FUCK community. Im keeping my money. Im selling my items. Im not partying anyone unless I know them. Im just tired of getting stepped on. I get stepped on enough in real life, I dont need that crap to cary over into a game.

Ill post the screenshots of the whole ordeal when I crop them and remove the names of the innocent. Sorry for the obscenities.

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger
Old 12-16-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Honestly, I don't know what to say.

I don't think there is such a thing as being "too nice." But at some point, I think you have to realize that some people are not going to be nice back. And then it's your choice if you think that it's worth it or not.

I think if it makes you unhappy, it wouldn't hurt to think twice about what your doing before you do it...

Old 12-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
A lot of people are "too nice" such as yourself until they get burned. Welcome to the real world, man, heh. On the flipside, if you do find a group of people that you come to know (like FF, or a guild), niceness goes a long way.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:04 PM   #4
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
It's always a risk, just like stock the market. There is always a chance that you might make money, and a bigger chance to lose money. The more you put in stocks, the more risk.

Same with niceness: If you are very nice, maybe they will be your friend for life, or like in most cases, they might go "kthnxbai" after they've got what they wanted and screw you over.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
Manzcar
WHOOOOOOOOOOS THEEEEEERE!

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Same as above
Current Level: Manzcar sndy| Elijaz 2x
Manzcar has disabled reputation
I’d rather be too nice and live my life that way, than to be a jerk.

I say be too nice. One never knows what may come around.

LOKI Thanks!!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:21 PM   #6
CrazyVietFs
Sharp Boar

In-Game Name: CrazyVietFs, CrazyAboutU, FadingSensation, SmexyCrazy
Current Level: Fighter 79, Cleric 6x, Archer 89, Mage, 6x
Server: Teva, Bijou
CrazyVietFs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CrazyVietFs Send a message via MSN to CrazyVietFs Send a message via Yahoo to CrazyVietFs
too bad bro... you aren't in Teva or else i would help you in one way or another...
Old 12-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #7
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
I don't think not being nice means that you have to be a jerk, either.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #8
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I've always believed that there's a fine line between "being nice" and "being used"...

I suppose the difference is how appreciative the receiver is.

If that guy who u enhanced a bow for turned around and said "OMG You're a life saver!! I'll pay you back someday, I just don't have enough money, but THANK YOU" it'll make u feel a bit better...

but he sounds like he's there to scam so I doubt he even said a Thank You?

There's nothing wrong with being "too nice", you just have to find the right people to be nice to!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-16-2008, 10:07 PM   #9
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
Screenshots here:

http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/show...259#post268259

I didnt want to flood this post with screenshots so I made a thread for them in the, where else, screenshots forum. I hope this was okay.

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger
Old 12-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #10
Miriamele
Boar

In-Game Name: Miriamele, Mooncalf
Current Level: 86, 5x
Server: Epith
Miriamele is on a distinguished road
That sucks, I feel for you. Especially since you shelled out SC, bought with real money.

You don't have to withdraw from helping everybody. There are some people who you will get to know and trust. For me, these would be my guildies and close random other friends. Thus, cheating someone would be like iterated prisoner's dilemma. It's easy for a stranger to rip you off because he probably won't see you again anyway, and it's in his best interest to do so if he can (see classic prisoner's dilemma). But it isn't always the case if you're guaranteed to see him again. I got quite a few stories of being ripped off by partymates and having it come back to bite them severely...

Otherwise, yeah, Fiesta has more guiltless leeching scum than you'd initially think. If you don't want to be screwed, try working on a "you scratch my back, I scratch yours" approach that can't be cheated (i.e., party for kills and kick whoever isn't helping). These are kind of hard to find, and the only reason why I solo a lot.
Closed Thread