Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
[Bijou] Pandoras Box

So after months of being an exclusive guild, im sick of being online by myself, so im opening my guild up to the public.

I have no prerequisites, and I dont require anything from my members. I am a friendly guy and will do anything for my friends if you need it.

(I gave away my +9 roumen bow to a complete stranger because he was tapped for cash after getting lvl 20.)

Overall I believe in kindness to other members of our community, lower leveled or no. But I also dont take any crap either. Ill take PvP heads, roleplayers, casual players, power levelers, low levelers, NEWBIES doesnt matter. Like I said I have NO PREREQUISITES. Im just looking for a bunch of friendly people who want to hang out in a positive environment, but wont be afraid to sling a dirty joke or two either. If you cuss, so do I. Dead baby jokes, great. Im not easily offended and I would recommend my members be thick skinned as well. But I will take any members, easily offended or no. I am easy to get along with.

You cheat, hack, grief lower leveled players in contested zones, dont let me find out about it or I WILL mushroom stamp you with the ban pan. Maybe not so much so the cheating or hacking because you will get caught sooner or later but I am big against being a digital prick to less experienced players. Lets try to keep the guild in a positive light.

Right now its just me and my IRL wife who run the guild, and I think my cleric alt is a member of the academy, so if your bored and wanna hang out, look me up.

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger
Old 12-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Good luck with your guild. D:
Old 12-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
Mindspank
Flying Staff

Guilds been around since Feb 08. Just cant find good members to get to join. Everytime I get one good guy, he leaves for some other guild because they have high leveled players. I dont care about levels, I care about loyalty. Quality over quantity, you know?

But I appreciate the gesture.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Yeah, I don't like it when that happens. I could join but I'm not active, nor do I have any characters on Bijou. :/

Have you tried advertising on the officials? They have a larger member base, so you might be more successful there.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
Mindspank
Flying Staff

Not interested in advertising on the officials because more quality players exsist here. I feel if I advertise on the official boards I will get flooded with requests from the wrong type of players.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:05 PM   #6
FatalLace
Kebing

In-Game Name: FatalLace/WinterLace/Faytal
Current Level: Enchanter [89] / Warrior [70] / Scout [80]
Server: Bijoffline
FatalLace is on a distinguished road
it is really really hard nowdays to get a start up guild going. i know u're hesitant to take this route, but you could just do mass invites to start and then monitor your guild. after considering those that joined, you can either pare down the ones that don't fit within your ideal or offer to help them get on the right track.

standing around and waiting for the phone to ring doesn't net the best results.

recruitment is always a proactive, not reactive affair.

FatalLace - 89 Enchanter
Faytal - 80 Scout
WinterLace - 70 Warrior
FatylLace - 60 Paladin

Calling Bijou "Home" since 11/07
Old 12-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #7
Mindspank
Flying Staff

Mass invites are how I got to where I am now. I did that. Had like 20 people. Came on one day and guild = gone. Never recovered. I guess ill just keep it exclusive.

Last edited by Mindspank; 12-23-2008 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: Im an idiot to suggest locking it.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #8
Mindspank
Flying Staff

I know this is Technicaly a double post, and for that I am sorry. Editing the topics does not make the thread turn into a new post color. I wanted to add an update for my guild.

We are STILL recruiting. Imagine that. BUT we REVAMPED our academy. We now have money as well as scrolls from T1 all the way to T3 as rewards. So if you want to check the guild out, maybe see what we are all about, you are more than welcome to join our academy.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I'm in the same boat as Alan. I'm not active, and if I were, I don't have anyone on Bijou. Good luck, though.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:12 PM   #10
GentleGiant
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: HappyEndOfYou
Current Level: 36
GentleGiant is on a distinguished road
I'd love to bring at least one of my toons into this academy and I believe my wife would want to do the same. I will ask her when she gets up later.

I'm just a big, friendly guy who is currently disabled, while my wife works but can still be on for at least an hour or two almost every day and much more so on her days off. I have one toon I try to only play when she's home, as we're a fighter/cleric duo and want to keep our levels similar. The alt I would like to bring in is a 19 archer, and my wife has a second cleric which I think is like level 14 or 15.

Our duoing toons were invited into another academy almost immediately, but now that we're there we are finding that, other than the person who invited us and maybe one or two other people, the rest of the academy members don't have a whole lot to say to us much of the time, and neither of us has the first freaking clue why. I'll tell you right now that the only thing we ever ask for is help with questions and basic game advice. We don't beg for money or items; in fact, every toon we have is an active tradeskiller and our intention is to be able to provide for ourselves.

I read your post in the rage area last night about being nice to people, and I know where you're coming from because both my wife and I have similar tendencies. We can't take it to the level you did, because we don't have a whole lot of money to spend on the game, but even the little examples of thankless behavior from others ruffle our feathers. I'm not a religious person, but I still understand the merits of the Golden Rule and try to live by it. Same with my wife.

Anyway, I'm going to PM you with the name of my archer and you can decide for yourself if you'd like to speak with me in-game, and perhaps invite me into your academy. Our duoing toons' academy claims that there isn't space for my archer, or I would try and remain loyal to a single guild despite my reservations which I stated earlier. If you're full, I understand. But if anything should come up, please keep me (us?) in mind!
Closed Thread