Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
Xylem
Joker Kebing

In-Game Name: Phloem
Current Level: Shree Ex
Server: Bijou
Xylem is on a distinguished road
My Xmas Dessert - Need help!

Hey.

So I'm gonna contribute and make a christmas dessert for my family. However... I tested it today and it was too sweet. I wanted to serve the spongecake with icecream + berry sauce + fruits.

The current ingredients are:

Sugar, Eggs, Self-Raising flour, smal amounts of cornflour, Melted Chocolate and small amounts of cooking cream.

I was thinking of reducing the sugar amount, and adding more self-raising flour. However, does anyone know what it'll turn out like? Will it rise by heaps?

Also, my current spongecake has this 'stickiness' to it. Can removing small amounts of sugar remove the stickiness? Or do I just add more flour? lol.

If you've any experience in this, can you share? Thanks! (BTW It's due tomorow night. lol!)
Old 12-23-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Hm... sounds like you might have used too much sugar. If its sweet and sticky.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
You will not make it rise too much if you add more self-rising flour. I would lower the amount of sugar, and if you have time, see hoe just that comes out. If you still feel it needs more flour, then you can make another one and lower the sugar and add more flour.
However, I wouldn't add to much more flour or it will overpower the sweetness of the cake. You could also use a combination of self-rising flour and all-purpose flour if you are worried it might rise too much.

I have a great recipe for a 4-layered chocolate pie if you wanna try it.
It is simple and easy.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 12-23-2007, 10:51 PM   #4
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
^ As expected of Spirit. xD
Old 12-24-2007, 02:07 AM   #5
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Sometimes adding alittle bit of water does miracles o.o
Old 12-24-2007, 02:07 AM   #6
Spirit
complete once again

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Originally Posted by wackyboi View Post
^ As expected of Spirit. xD
Wacky - may ask what that means? lol.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
Old 12-24-2007, 02:14 AM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

I think its because you're mom-ish to us?
Old 12-24-2007, 02:17 AM   #8
Spirit
complete once again

Lol. I am a momma. . And my little boy loves me. . He says I am cool , and the greatest momma in the world. . But, that is just when he wants something.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:05 AM   #9
Xylem
Joker Kebing

In-Game Name: Phloem
Current Level: Shree Ex
Server: Bijou
Xylem is on a distinguished road
4 layers?? How do you do that?

Anyways i screwed up the cake and we had cheesecake from the shop instead. I put less sugar in it, and it should work fine. But... I took it out too early (Damn skewer) and it flattened. Then it's a big mess. Then it went hard for some resason... So we just had cheesecake lol.

Thanks for the help! And I'd love to try our ur recipe for the pie. I've never made pie before .
Old 12-25-2007, 04:53 AM   #10
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Damn, I made sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, cookie bars, chocolate covered pretzels, and for New Years I'm making a pumpkin pie and a watergate cake.
Closed Thread