Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Grass Girl

/copypasta from deviantart

Made with Photoshop CS and mouse, took a weekend.

I named it Grass Girl because... the background is full of grass LOL. Its original name was Attempt 1, but it sounded pretty weird, so I changed the name xD

I've made a few stuff before, but none as big as this I guess. I wanted to try making a lineart at first, but the mouse made the lines look wobbly, so I just decided to make forms and add details xD I was rushing a bit to get it done before weekend ends, so it isn't as nicely coloured as I'd like it to be e_e And the left hand is screwed up LOL.

Now that I look at it, there's lots of flaws e_e Ah well, haha.
/end copy pasta

I got slightly discouraged somewhere during colouring LOL. I have some screenshots of this in its early stages... it looked pretty sad hahah xD So I'm just glad I got to finish it.
C+C please~ xD If you have any time, please post a comment on my deviantart too *o*

{ enraya ! }
Old 01-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
That's really good for mouse work. D:

I remember my first mouse drawing... fail.

You are NOT retired from Fiesta. D:<
Old 01-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Very nice! Especially when you didn't even use a tablet for that. As far as how "correct" the body shape and everything is... well, I don't feel like I should be one to give comments because I haven't mastered that myself, LOL. Tbh, I think what you need is a tablet!

I really love your colours, and you draw pretty good hands (much better than what I can do.. mitten hands ftw). At first thought, I thought your eyes might've been a bit big (come to think of it, my first drawing also had overly huge eyes too xD) but I don't think that's the case since I've seen some really nice drawings with huge eyes as well. Maybe it's because only the eyes are "outlined" with black, that's why it stands out so much more from the rest of the picture. Maybe you could try dark brown-ish lines next time if you didn't outline the rest of your pic (not sure how that'll look.. but I think I've seen some nice pics with brownish outline)... or maybe you can just add some outlining to the rest of the pic XD But I can imagine how hard outlining would be for a MOUSE.

But anyway that's really good... with a mouse!! I MEAN A MOUSE!! I'm sure you'll make awesome work once you get a tablet.

I also actually really like the style/colour/overall look of this artwork of yours, btw. xD I'm gonna comment all over your devart tomorrow as I have to pop off right now, very nice work!!
Old 01-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for comments! xD

Yeah, I did try adjusting the opacity of the outline for the eyes... but it looked even worse *o* I didn't think about using brown outline, will try that for next time! These are enormous eyes for me LOL. I usually draw those kind of guy eyes on girls xD For some reason, I don't usually do that on photoshop, haha. If you look at Joker, that's normally the type of eyes I use xD

Uploaded two screenies on photobucket of wip Grass Girl~ Discouraging pictures LOL

click
^ Pretty much the very start xD Looks... really bad haha e_e

click
^Adding in clothing LOL

{ enraya ! }
Old 01-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I cant comment coz i know nothing about drawing @_@

but i really like the background and the hair of ur grass girl~

and i wanna say.. WOW i didnt know you coloured liar~ i really like that one!!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #6
A_Forever
:w

Yeah. Love the Liar drawing colored<3
Old 01-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
Esen
Mini Jewel Keeper

In-Game Name: Kayem
Current Level: 5X
Esen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Esen
I agree, that's pretty amazing for using a mouse. :O I love her boots. xD I like the boots on the Joker picture too actually. <3

And it's good you didn't give up~ :D I give up all the time. @_@

zZzZzZzZz
Dragon Cave
Old 01-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #8
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Good job! I can't even make a decent straight line with a mouse!

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 01-18-2009, 11:11 PM   #9
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
^ Hold shift. :D
Old 01-18-2009, 11:15 PM   #10
A_Forever
:w

^LOL.

I forgot about that.. /shrug