Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:35 AM   #11
Gandalfa82
Boogy

In-Game Name: Raimund
Server: Teva
Gandalfa82 is on a distinguished road

I will say one thing, I have noticed in other games that sometimes things like quests can be bugged/unbugged for people for some strange reasons. One game had a bug in a quest that caused the quest to only be activated for players with Certain names. The code turned out to be that you were to talk to a NPC but when coded they had it where a name talked to NPC instead of a player. Other problems I have seen is that players with certain stats were able to activate the quest due to a flag they had from the stats. There is more then just one reason for the quest to be bugged and that is the biggest problems with games like these. Tring to find out why it is bugged and then fixing that problem. Though what you said is true it is not the only possiable reason.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:19 AM   #12
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
I witnessed first-hand the cock-ups made by presumably the translators, who did a second-rate job both language wise and code wise. Andromeda is right in this case.

Bugged quests in Fiesta are fairly uncomplicated problems, yet the developers seem to be inept in not producing them in the first place. Such trivial mistakes shouldn't really happen. In the Wiki, after an edit, you check the code and preview. One would expect them to do the same with game scripts too.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 08-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #13
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
Sorry but it does not work that way.

You really want to know how they got the extra quests?

File Modification

Because how the game reads the quest file is the exact same for everybody unless File Modification is used. If one person can't do the quests while other people can that raises a red flag.

The fixed quest file has been floating around. I'm 100% sure that is how they managed to complete the bugged quests. (Heck I've seen people trying to post that quest file fix here)

Honestly I would report any people claiming to be able to complete these quests.

EDIT: I just noticed you admit to doing this too.

The reason why these quests are bugged is because the people who translated them forget to add some code to the end of the quest to enable the Continue/Next/Complete etc... button. Thus rendering the whole quest incomplete able for everybody.

Am I the only person who noticed something wrong about this?...
I believe certain Collision members had access to the software necessary to make the changes early on.

I know Elfenlied was asking around. I've seen him on less reputable forums asking for the information.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #14
Andromeda
Spider Pig

Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
I believe certain Collision members had access to the software necessary to make the changes early on.

I know Elfenlied was asking around. I've seen him on less reputable forums asking for the information.
I heard stuff about that but I heard Seva was the mastermind responsible for the others getting ahold of it.

Really whats the point of modifying the quest file the cap will be raised very very soon. So they will most likely fix the KKP quests along with the patch. You practically raise a flag saying "BAN ME" by doing this.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:39 PM   #15
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I just thought this was something a lot of people knew but noone talked about.

the S** file-editors and all the "quest fixes" have been floating around for a quite a while.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #16
Icy
Huge Slime

Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
I heard stuff about that but I heard Seva was the mastermind responsible for the others getting ahold of it.

Really whats the point of modifying the quest file the cap will be raised very very soon. So they will most likely fix the KKP quests along with the patch. You practically raise a flag saying "BAN ME" by doing this.
Nah, the culprit software can easily be obtained by inputting the phrase into Google.

Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
I just thought this was something a lot of people knew but noone talked about.

the S** file-editors and all the "quest fixes" have been floating around for a quite a while.
...ex?

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 08-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #17
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Lol no.

Wasn't sure whether to type it or not because it was always edited so people just couldn't look for it on a search engine or something o_o
Old 08-14-2008, 07:28 PM   #18
Icy
Huge Slime

Oh, I forgot to mention something - like Andromeda said, some people can look into game files; this also means bugged quests' details can be obtained without doing any form of modification. Providing such 'information' does not equal admission of guilt.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #19
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Outspark probably isn't looking into the game logs to see who is turning in completed quests that should be glitched. Doesn't seem like them. =/

Originally Posted by Icy View Post
...ex?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA... *pats Icy*

And way to link Andromeda's name. That's very wiki of you.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:28 PM   #20
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
How dare you! 恶人先告状!
OK, best I can get is "wicked/villian before he himself is prosecuted." Is it meaning that the truly guilty party will try to accuse someone else to remove the suspicion from themselves?