Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
Fabulous
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Secwet!
Current Level: Secwet!
Fabulous is on a distinguished road
Skill points for clerics.

Greetings for all, i'd like to see ppl what they gonna spend their skill points at.
For me at the first i'd like to put +5 "-CD" / +5"-SP" on the Heal. And +5"Dmg increase" on bash. For the other points i think i'll wait until i get the bleed or the hammer special spellto reduce the mana or even the CD, but i think 0.6seconds for a 15sec spell is too much so, dunno yet.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:43 AM   #2
FaithHealer
Hero Slime

FaithHealer is on a distinguished road
I went DPS on CB2 just for kicks and had quite fun dealing more dmg then a lot of fighters. Had +5 on damage increase on BASH, plus 5 on CD and SP on heal, and was starting to use my skill points on Invince for spell length (forgot what it was called) went from 8 seconds to like 14 seconds if i remember correctly. Everything else just didnt seem to add up for me.
FaithHealer (lvl 45 cleric)
Old 08-23-2007, 01:08 AM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
Greetings for all, i'd like to see ppl what they gonna spend their skill points at.
For me at the first i'd like to put +5 "-CD" / +5"-SP" on the Heal. And +5"Dmg increase" on bash. For the other points i think i'll wait until i get the bleed or the hammer special spellto reduce the mana or even the CD, but i think 0.6seconds for a 15sec spell is too much so, dunno yet.
Wow I did the exact same thing as you in CB!

Edit: But I don't think adding +5 damage to bash was worth it... I don't think there was a major difference, actually. Probably +5 damage per bash? Not sure, but I remember regretting it.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:44 AM   #4
Fabulous
Speedy Slime

Hello, thanks for your post FaithHealer ^.^
Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. xD I think when someone focus at the End points, its means he will be able to Tank and stuff, and you know some retard ppl who know 1, 2, 3 buttons to dps and get the aggro, so i think making more dmg for bash is kinda nice, and if i will make it, i will make it for one reason. To keep my aggro on the boss, and let the others members having fun dpsing whatever i tank, more dps = more threat. So i think i can say +dmg on bash ftw xD
Old 08-23-2007, 03:38 AM   #5
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
For me at the first i'd like to put +5 "-CD" / +5"-SP" on the Heal.
In my opinion, it's a waste of five good points if you put them in cooldown. There is no need for reducing the cooldown by what? 1.2 seconds? It's not like spamming magic missile for a mage, where you actually conserve SP and dish out damage rapidly.

I'd stick the extra five to something like Restore SP consumption, because I found it weird that I used it a lot when supporting...
Old 08-23-2007, 05:35 AM   #6
aesthetic
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Dream
aesthetic is on a distinguished road
._.""
I made a mistake by putting some CD on revive when I first started. Well, it did come in handy at times, like KQs gone wrong where everybody just dies or partying and everybody just got slaughtered. But otherwise, it was a real waste. XD

I think I plan on doing +5 for reducing SP for heal, then put like +3 on CD for heal and save up the rest for invincible, where I plan on +5 on buff time (and possibly CD? it depends if they mess with it again I guess, ionno). I was fine with heal at +3 in CB2, though sometimes it irked me that I can't spam it as fast as others, but I managed. XD Still, it rarely caused trouble, so I guess leftover points would go to the leftover +2 for CD on heal. Then when I get into higher lvls where I can't always party, I'll put points in for bash. :3

[Dream] - [Teva] - [3x]
Reached lv30 on 9.11 o.o
Old 08-23-2007, 08:08 AM   #7
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
In my opinion, it's a waste of five good points if you put them in cooldown. There is no need for reducing the cooldown by what? 1.2 seconds? It's not like spamming magic missile for a mage, where you actually conserve SP and dish out damage rapidly.

I'd stick the extra five to something like Restore SP consumption, because I found it weird that I used it a lot when supporting...
I think it reduces cooldown by 1.1 seconds, not sure...

But sometimes it's just that extra second that will help stop someone from dying. 1.1 seconds is a lot longer than you think. You wouldn't believe how much I loved my heal when I placed all 5 points into cooldown. If you put any points into cooldown for heal, then put all five. I actually don't see the point in putting 2 or 3 points since that wouldn't make much of a difference.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #8
Fireriot
Slow Slime

In-Game Name: Fireriot
Fireriot is on a distinguished road
Lol, I think spend 5 points into Heal's cooldown is most important if you become support cleric.
I needed to spamming heal for tank. It's like spamming magic missle for a mage, LOL.
If you want to be battle(non-support) cleric, then please forget this opinion.

I spent 5 points into Restore's cooldown also.
It's not so important but I like this build.

* Teva Server *
Fireriot(Enchanter:79) Guild [Collision] Admin
Aquapeace(Paladin:72), Earthedge2(Warrior:61), Windblast2(HawkArcher:60)
Old 08-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #9
Fabulous
Speedy Slime

Originally Posted by Fireriot View Post
Lol, I think spend 5 points into Heal's cooldown is most important if you become support cleric.
I needed to spamming heal for tank. It's like spamming magic missle for a mage, LOL.
If you want to be battle(non-support) cleric, then please forget this opinion.

I spent 5 points into Restore's cooldown also.
It's not so important but I like this build.
Hello Fireriot, i think you are wrong abit. Reduceing CD on healing is very perfect for every thing, not support healing only, its Great for solo also. You know, when u get 2 mobs on you. Its kinda nubish to use stone/pot bla bla and run when you know you can get them. Heal -Cooldown helps alot in tanking also, its like this rotation: Restore - Autoattack - Heal - Bash - Shield - Heal - attack - bash - attack - attack - attack - heal - etc etc..
Thanks for your comment and i respect your opinion :3
Old 08-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #10
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Ramesiel
Current Level: 55
tehfusion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tehfusion Send a message via AIM to tehfusion Send a message via MSN to tehfusion Send a message via Yahoo to tehfusion Send a message via Skype™ to tehfusion
This post no longer exists.

Last edited by tehfusion; 01-15-2009 at 01:11 AM..
Closed Thread