Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 07:08 PM   #11
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
Wow I did the exact same thing as you in CB!

Edit: But I don't think adding +5 damage to bash was worth it... I don't think there was a major difference, actually. Probably +5 damage per bash? Not sure, but I remember regretting it.
+5 points into bash is very much worth it my bash was +300ish dmg with +5 points at lvl 57 ^^..since S.M.H we get only get two attacks an the second one bein a lvl 40 skill jus sucks empowering bash is very important.

Originally Posted by Fireriot View Post
Lol, I think spend 5 points into Heal's cooldown is most important if you become support cleric.
I needed to spamming heal for tank. It's like spamming magic missle for a mage, LOL.
If you want to be battle(non-support) cleric, then please forget this opinion.

I spent 5 points into Restore's cooldown also.
It's not so important but I like this build.
Correct on both on points.^_^ hello Fire

Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
Hello Fireriot, i think you are wrong abit. Reduceing CD on healing is very perfect for every thing, not support healing only, its Great for solo also. You know, when u get 2 mobs on you. Its kinda nubish to use stone/pot bla bla and run when you know you can get them. Heal -Cooldown helps alot in tanking also, its like this rotation: Restore - Autoattack - Heal - Bash - Shield - Heal - attack - bash - attack - attack - attack - heal - etc etc..
Thanks for your comment and i respect your opinion :3
Empowering Heal is that not that important...its better served on a full support cleric works like this..autoattack-bash-heal-trip or bleed-heal or rejuvenate imho which heals alot more then normal heal-wash rinse repeat-mob dead..even though soloing is'nt very effective for lvling with a cleric .

Quote:
The only skills I've found necessary to empower are Heal, Bash and Invincible. I'll probably empower them in open beta the same way I did in closed beta 2:

Bash - 5 points in attack power (since it's the only thing that really counts at lower levels)
Heal - 5 points in cool down (not really that noticeable when levelling, but in Kingdom Quests when supporting it's lovely)
Heal / Bash - 5 points in SP cost (by this time the skills start getting very costly, and 5 points more or less halves the SP cost)
Invincible - 1-5 points in duration.
jus a bit different froms mines...an invincible not worth empowering in my opinion

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 08-24-2007, 12:07 AM   #12
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Idk, but I still think that 5 points into Heal cooldown is a bit of a waste. I'll try to address why:

For solo'ing: Usually, you won't really need to Heal every 3 seconds, if you solo smart. Assuming you pull a mob, though, then you might run into some issues. But the kicker is, at higher levels (especially 41) that cooldown becomes irrelevant. If you're bent on not using potions or stones, usually a Heal/Restore/Rejuvenate (hence previous mention of level 41) combo is enough for Heal to recharge again. If not 41, you still can do a Heal/Restore combo.

For parties: Generally a cleric will play as support. However, in higher level grinding, there's usually just one tank. You can throw a Restore/Heal combo, it should keep them alive, and heal some more...it works in CP at least.

For KQ's: I personally doubt that it will be a massacre. Hopefully there will always be more than one cleric, but when the time comes where you don't have that many clerics, due to deaths or tied down by other necessary support areas, you can usually throw a restore on someone who is taking some mild punishment, heal on someone who is taking harder punishment, or spam heal if they're really getting beaten on. However, if they're getting hit for 500 dps, then maybe they should back off a bit and let someone more able to handle the damage polish up.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:39 AM   #13
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by +Tequila+
+5 points into bash is very much worth it my bash was +300ish dmg with +5 points at lvl 57 ^^..since S.M.H we get only get two attacks an the second one bein a lvl 40 skill jus sucks empowering bash is very important.
Well... since you said so, guess I'll stick to chucking my 5 points in. xD I was wondering if chucking 5 points into cooldown of Bashing would be worth it so I can bash more. I forgot what the original cooldown was though.

Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
For parties: Generally a cleric will play as support. However, in higher level grinding, there's usually just one tank. You can throw a Restore/Heal combo, it should keep them alive, and heal some more...it works in CP at least.

For KQ's: I personally doubt that it will be a massacre. Hopefully there will always be more than one cleric, but when the time comes where you don't have that many clerics, due to deaths or tied down by other necessary support areas, you can usually throw a restore on someone who is taking some mild punishment, heal on someone who is taking harder punishment, or spam heal if they're really getting beaten on. However, if they're getting hit for 500 dps, then maybe they should back off a bit and let someone more able to handle the damage polish up.
Well, I reckon the +5 points in cooldown comes in very handy during the emergency situations you just posted. Restore doesn't really do much, not at the level I am anyway. If you're partying people your level or higher, it doesn't do anything because they have a lot of health (so the amount of healing the restore does is almost nothing) and the monsters are usually whacking quite a bit out. It will work for "mild punishment" probably, but when I grinded with my party, I find that I didn't really have time to cast restore. It could be different if I have been supporting a END build tanker, but I didn't find restore very helpful. I still use it as a safety measure, but it's not a life saver like heal.

I don't find many KQs I've been in where I don't require my heal much. I can't remember the lower level KQs, but as you get higher, the KQs get harder and people probably need more healing, and that's when the 2 second cooldown in heal is godly.

Also, it's a lovely thing to have if you're off hunting kings with your party. You might think, "psht, how often would I do that?", but I was glad I had it when I farmed for kings with my friends. I don't think I could have healed the tanker properly with a 3 second cooldown. A 2 second cooldown was barely enough, though it still worked (with the tanker needing to sometimes heal himself, of course). We still died a couple of times due to other factors but it worked for the king. And it was worth it in the end because of the prizes we get. <333 Heal.

If you're planning to be a support type of cleric, I reckon 5 points into cooldown is a must. You're going to be playing as a cleric for a zillion levels, and you will probably come across emergency situations half the time.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:10 AM   #14
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Quote:
Well... since you said so, guess I'll stick to chucking my 5 points in. xD I was wondering if chucking 5 points into cooldown of Bashing would be worth it so I can bash more. I forgot what the original cooldown was though.
I think it mite but i dunno Bash then Trip an usually Bash is charged or jus a few secs from bein charged ^^. I feel that empowering for cool down is alot of points wasted. since its only 0.02 secs lol but its all left up to personal preference I suppose.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 08-25-2007, 11:13 PM   #15
MrMud
Mushroom Fighter

Tournaments Won: 7

Current Level: 1 bil
MrMud is on a distinguished road
i rly dont use empowerments becouse i rly dont kno whats worth it ^^
Old 08-26-2007, 12:42 AM   #16
Fabulous
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Secwet!
Current Level: Secwet!
Fabulous is on a distinguished road
Lol. It does

Last edited by Fabulous; 08-26-2007 at 04:32 AM..
Closed Thread