Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:35 PM   #1
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
Guitar Hero 3 - For those who have beaten "Through The Fire and the Flames"

So for those of us who have beaten TTFaF, on any difficulty, how was it for you the first time you did it? How long did you have to work at it, and what things did you do to help yourself along in beating th song on the desired difficulty?

I had never played guitar hero before 3, so when i unlocked it, a buddy of mine in Ft. Gordon could get 99 - 100% on expert and that I think is what turned me on to guitar hero was that right there. Thats what I wanted to do, beat that song. So after I got it, I beatit on easy the first day, and tried to play TTFaF on easy and got SLAUGHTERED. I worked on it in practice mode for a bit and the next day I woke up and decided to play it and beat it. It was an extremely satisfying feeling, but t was kinda empty, because there were harder difficulties. So I bought GH2 and beat that on medium the first day I had it and thought that if I could beat GH2 on medium then I would try TTFaF. Wrong. Fail. EPIC fail. I got plowed. So I did the same thing I did on easy. I practiced and practiced and I finally beat it on medium, upon which I was so happy I threw my guitar!! It was okay, but I vowed that I would beat it on expert, after which I will quit GH forever. Thats my goal. Not to max it, just to BEAT it on expert.

right now as it stands, I can beat it on medium, but without using star power and my rock gague barely dips into the yello during the twin solos, and everywhere else its green. I know someone out there is gonna say something like im a noob. But you can stuff it up your ass. Ive been playing GH3 collectively for two weeks total. I took a 40 day break because I left for korea and didnt play GH at ALL, now after two days of practice im already better than I was when I left for korea, I think im doing pretty good. I want to hear from others who have completed this epic task or are working twards it, maybe ill learn something from others experiences.

So please share!!

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger
Old 04-22-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
I suck at GH. Can't play anything more than medium, but I don't really care. Medium is fun enough for me.
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 04-23-2008, 05:01 AM   #3
Kyrillos
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: Kyrillos
Current Level: 71
Server: Teva
Kyrillos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kyrillos Send a message via MSN to Kyrillos
I can hit most of the hammer-on sequeneces on Expert, excluding the beginning, because, that's actually a keyboard, IRL. The strumming will wear your wrist(s) out in hard/expert. One of the key differences is the amount of strumming and the chords between Hard and Expert.

As it stands, I can CLEAR the song on Hard (Read not 5 star)

I can probably get through most of the solo on Expert, granted if I could get there.

Second hardest song is probably Blood Rain, FCPREMIX, One, Devil

DEvil is only hard because it's a battle >.> IT's about as difficult as One in note terms and speed, but the lefty flips and such make it insanity on my recognition.

Work on your hammer on speed, as well as comfortability between 1st and 2nd posistions. Learn to use your pinky, and be able to clear through alot of the songs on each difficulty at a 5 star rating, including the extras. I found it helpful, when I was first learning, to hum or listen to the real song, to get an idea of what's really going on, such as speeds and noises.

Last edited by Kyrillos; 04-23-2008 at 05:04 AM..
Old 04-23-2008, 08:10 AM   #4
MiriHawke
Imp

In-Game Name: MiriHawke
Current Level: 42
MiriHawke is on a distinguished road
there are more fun songs on expert. x_x

I can play Rock Band (guitar) on expert with little problem, but only certain songs on GH3 on expert. The note patterns for Reptilia (The Strokes) and When You Were Young (The Killers) are totally different~ though Reptilia is so much fun during the solos. @___@

For Fire&Flames, I can -barely- wipe it on Medium XD I haven't tried it in a while, but Hard killed me. (Reptilia on Rock Band Expert is so much more -fun- too, that and the song's great~)
=Guild: [Illustrious]
[Apoline]: Spam, 31 H.Cleric
=Guild: [Asgard] (once upon a time, I swear)
[C.Beta]: MiriHawke, 30 H.Archer
=Guild: [CrimsonWolves] The original!
--
Old 04-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #5
Kyrillos
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: Kyrillos
Current Level: 71
Kyrillos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kyrillos Send a message via MSN to Kyrillos
If ACtivision and Harmonix would stop fighting, I could Expert on Rock Band at my freind's house xD

I can't use the PS3 Rockband, or the wireless controllers for any system. Oldie FTW.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #6
Flowersss
Ancient Stonie

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: College
Current Level: College
Server: College
Flowersss will become famous soon enough
pshht, I can barely pass the easy level.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #7
Zodiac
Ich Bin Ein Berliner!

In-Game Name: Xsile
Current Level: 4x
Server: Bijou/Teva
Zodiac has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Zodiac
I totally own at GH3 my cusin turned me on to it one summer. Every since then we get together in our real band practices and play fake guitar xD lolz. Thought i think as of lately I've gotten more progress on our new song but term paper in english is slowing me down!!! Majorly.... But I can play expert on superspeed and make usually over 90's except maybe Throught the fire and the flames by Dragonforce... like a 8 min song..... to long my wrist hurt to bad.... The hardest thing for me is the key recognization patterns get way to fast.... the notes are like this ";.:'".:.: and all you see is this ":"?">'>":'>':".";":':'>';";"; to hard to think that fast but it gets easier the more you play.

Where I live the General music store throws a GH3 contest every once in a while and the 1rst prize is 5 large(5,000) =D and one time my friend entered but i didn't and i own him majorly at it.... He won..... and he spent it on a truck..... That could have been mine O.O =\

"O
ne star one moon one day to soon the light there was will soon be doomed"

[Kitty]
.:¤Xsile¤:.
«WizMage 4x Bijou»
«WizMage 2x Teva»
Old 04-23-2008, 06:34 PM   #8
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
I just played it today on medium, got 85% and used SP once but only to boost my score and not bail myself out, though it helped.

I cut my finger making networking cable today and during the twin solo I noticed that blood was dripping down the guitar neck, My cut opened itself during the solos. Its on my left index finger, aka my green button finger. Shoulda got it on video lolz.

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger
Old 04-23-2008, 06:47 PM   #9
Zodiac
Ich Bin Ein Berliner!

In-Game Name: Xsile
Current Level: 4x
Server: Bijou/Teva
Zodiac has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Zodiac
Wireless FTW =D , I can beat it on expert but the pause button is on constant stand by....... Makes 100 Percent on fire-n-flames then passes out.... LoLz i make it like to about 40 percent and then get hand cramps... have you seen on Expert? Look at It Look at It =o.... Its uber pwnage.... Wrist hurts from looking.... Hardest thing on guitar hero is learning to rotate you hand down and up dependent on the keys required .....

"O
ne star one moon one day to soon the light there was will soon be doomed"

[Kitty]
.:¤Xsile¤:.
«WizMage 4x Bijou»
«WizMage 2x Teva»
Old 04-23-2008, 08:58 PM   #10
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I first played it when my boyfriend's brother brought it in. It was actually quite fun... but I didn't know of any of the songs since I only listen to Japanese songs. o__o

But seriously, that song is crazy... surprised you can pass it. D: I can only "brag" about once getting 100% on a song in easy mode. XD
Closed Thread