Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 04:52 AM   #11
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough

For me the meaning of life is: to live.

I don't see any purpose behind life, it just exist. With a deep will of continuing that existence, no matter the cost.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #12
Sinto
Skeleton

In-Game Name: Sinto
Current Level: 80. And staying there.
Server: Teva
Sinto is on a distinguished road
Life actually dont have a meaning. But we might pick up something interesting on our way during life. It's just to enjoy it, maybe?
Old 04-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #13
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
I live just to live o-o

But like Omie said, there's certain things you might want to do if you want to live ... xD

{ enraya ! }
Old 04-21-2008, 10:21 AM   #14
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
What is the purpose of life? I believe that the purpose of life is to be happy.

from the Big-Man himself
Old 04-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #15
Kyrillos
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: Kyrillos
Current Level: 71
Kyrillos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kyrillos Send a message via MSN to Kyrillos
All Hail Buddhist Monks in Exile !

Let's all be happy ^^

No...srsly. Happy.

@ Sinto:

If Life doesn't have meaning, then why do we choose to live? As a human, wouldn't we give our own life meaning? That thing we "pick up" on a journey through life would give us a new 'will' to live. Still, the end result would be enjoyment, at the same time, you can't know happiness without sadness...
Old 04-21-2008, 12:40 PM   #16
Sinto
Skeleton

In-Game Name: Sinto
Current Level: 80. And staying there.
Sinto is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kyrillos View Post
All Hail Buddhist Monks in Exile !

Let's all be happy ^^

No...srsly. Happy.

@ Sinto:

If Life doesn't have meaning, then why do we choose to live? As a human, wouldn't we give our own life meaning? That thing we "pick up" on a journey through life would give us a new 'will' to live. Still, the end result would be enjoyment, at the same time, you can't know happiness without sadness...
True words of wisdom. o.o
Old 04-21-2008, 01:26 PM   #17
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Life - Love - Learn - Laugh
The true meaning of life is more than just to "live". It is to love, learn and laugh.

Love, love at different levels with the different people in your life. Love your neighbor in kindness. Love your family in your heart. And love your soul-mate with all your heart & soul. Even love your enemies, to a much lesser degree of course, but love them because their actions toward you evokes responses from you that help you grow in mind and spirit.

Learn, learn as much as you can because with knowledge comes confidence. Knowledge also helps to gain financial stability, and while some say "Money can't buy happiness", I beg to differ. Depending on how you use that financial worth can buy happiness. If I had the ability to fund resources and equipment for third world countries and could affect the quality of life for thousands of children born into poverty I would do just that and that would make me so happy. My money would have bought that happiness. So learn to better your own position and use that position to achieve those things that do make you happy.

Laugh, laugh as much as possible because laughter is the best medicine. In the last few decades, researchers have studied laughter's effects on the body and turned up some potentially interesting information on how it affects us:

Quote:
Blood flow. Researchers at the University of Maryland studied the effects on blood vessels when people were shown either comedies or dramas. After the screening, the blood vessels of the group who watched the comedy behaved normally — expanding and contracting easily. But the blood vessels in people who watched the drama tended to tense up, restricting blood flow.

Immune response. Increased stress is associated with decreased immune system response, says Provine. Some studies have shown that the ability to use humor may raise the level of infection-fighting antibodies in the body and boost the levels of immune cells, as well.

Blood sugar levels. One study of 19 people with diabetes looked at the effects of laughter on blood sugar levels. After eating, the group attended a tedious lecture. On the next day, the group ate the same meal and then watched a comedy. After the comedy, the group had lower blood sugar levels than they did after the lecture.
Source
So laugh and make others laugh.

Life - Love - Learn - Laugh

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 04-21-2008, 01:34 PM   #18
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
The meaning of life is what you make it. That is why we are all different. That is why we control our own actions.
If you want to go through life being happy, then you choose this path and you do things that make you happy and you look for all the positives.
If you want to go through life with your ass on your shoulders, then you choose that path and you do everything in your power to find the negatives in everything.
The meaning of life is different for all of us. There is no one true meaning of life. But, it is what you do with your life that gives it meaning.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 04-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #19
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Loki u so kewl.

I can love and laugh but I'm not so sure about learning.

<-- biggest procrastinator ever in school~

As for my view.. never really thought about. My mind is not deep enough to think of a question as meaningful as that. Just as long as I (and my friends and family) are happy then that's all. Haven't really put much thought into it. There's too many meanings, I reckon. xD
Old 04-21-2008, 01:38 PM   #20
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
"Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great.
If a sperm gets wasted, god gets quite irate."
Closed Thread