Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #11
Miriamele
Boar

In-Game Name: Miriamele, Mooncalf
Current Level: 86, 5x
Server: Epith
Miriamele is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't invest in END if you want a pvp-built fighter. END is good for HP and block rate (it also gives you a negligible amount of def...), but you won't be using block rate if you're using an axe. So the only thing good about it, then, is HP, and it doesn't matter if the HP that comes from it is from armor or free stats.

On the other hand, it does matter if you have bonus points set into STR versus not having any and having just STR armor. For the same amount of points versus STR on your armor or weapon, you will do more damage. So I highly recommend going for a pure STR build or 25 SPR rest STR buld to maximize damage dealt. Then use STR/END armors to increase your damage and to add a little bit of an HP cushion.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #12
baneswrath
Bored Imp

baneswrath is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info
I really appreciate all the information you all have given me. It has helped out a lot.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #13
Senyx The Soulless one
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: CrimsonChaos
Current Level: 67
Server: AP-PO-LEEN
Senyx The Soulless one is an unknown quantity at this point
Just keep in mind that the main fighter components can all be taken care of quite easily,

END/STR in stat points
SPR/DEX/END/STR in armor, Godly or not, You get the boosts you need, Though the armor takes away some bonuses.

DEX is really only PVP necessary, Though Spirit is also only fro crits. really, Stones null the SP problem. But like i wil lcontinue to say, Why waste on SPR what you can buy for 700sc? Crit boosts ftw.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #14
Miriamele
Boar

In-Game Name: Miriamele, Mooncalf
Current Level: 86, 5x
Server: Epith
Miriamele is on a distinguished road
No, don't go END into free stats. I am END/STR hybrid and wish that I were pure STR for pvp now. The END gives a little bit of extra HP and overall, it's a decent build but it's much better just to slap on an extender or t3/4 scroll with a STR build in pvp.

Oh yeah, and fyi, SPR on armor does not increase your crit rate, so if you absolutely need that crit rate, you must put it in your free stat SPR instead of having SPR armor. SPR on armor is mainly for a little bit of extra mdef and SP. Some fighters even carry around mage-killing armors with high SPR and END, though it is hard to switch mid-abyss to a mage-killing set and generally not worth it unless you have the room and money to have an additional set of armor. But if you want more crit rate, I also suggest looking at weapons with completed licenses in addition to cash shop items.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #15
AegisXOR
Honeying

In-Game Name: Withstanding/Chzo
Current Level: 47/24
Server: Apoline/Teva
AegisXOR is on a distinguished road
Depends.

Because of the level limits on the abysses, you'll generally be able to get owned by someone who can't usefully train there. To PVP, and steal/hold a spot against other players, you want pure STR or 25 spr/ᴥ STR. To train quickly while there, (with a cleric), you'll want a more tanking-oriented build. Your choice.