Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
Kure_Neko_Chan
Slow Slime

In-Game Name: Kure_Neko_Chan(Deleted) SquireKurei(lvl 4x Cleric) xD Rena_Lanford (3x mage)
Current Level: lvl Deleted/44/39/
Server: TEVA!!! :D
Kure_Neko_Chan is on a distinguished road
Whats a good build for a cleric? =^.^=

lol~ I am new to being a cleric and I am just wondering what build wood be good for a cleric? I wanna be able to fight but~ is str a good idea? I was thinking about going for a str/spr build But I amn't a fighter am I? People tell me its a bad idea but~ I dont wanna have to rely on pt based lvling most of the time o.o'

I recently go into Inner_Crircles Academy thx to ma big sis Layna! Lol~ I dunt wanna let IC down though~ so plz help me with this build problem And any advice on playing as a cleric would be nice too

TY!~

Last edited by Kure_Neko_Chan; 03-03-2009 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: Text was unreadable T.T'
Old 03-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
If you want to do damage, STR build is about the only build for that. That or STR/SPR, but that's less emphasis on damage.

Other builds are full END and END/SPR, but those are more support builds.

For advice on playing a Cleric FF has a Cleric and guides section. You can find lots of advice there.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
If you want to fight, then go full STR of 25 SPR/rest STR. Depends what you like I guess. Of course, with 25 SPR it means you'll deal a bit less damage, but I guess it's a fair trade for more mdef, crit, and SP. SPR will also come into useful when you're up against mages in PvP. xD But full STR works too, I believe.

Edit: I moved this to Cleric section, btw.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
Kure_Neko_Chan
Slow Slime

In-Game Name: Kure_Neko_Chan(Deleted) SquireKurei(lvl 4x Cleric) xD Rena_Lanford (3x mage)
Current Level: lvl Deleted/44/39/
Server: TEVA!!! :D
Kure_Neko_Chan is on a distinguished road
Tyvm! So far I am only lvl 5 so I have plenty of time to make changes before lvl 30 BTW I luv Fiesta Fan ^^ Yous are all so useful xD I shall start lvling ma cleric when I get home from skewlies tonight

P.S: Oh dear~ I always do this on forums xDDDD I am so sorry >.<' I'll be more careful next time! ~.o

Last edited by Kure_Neko_Chan; 03-03-2009 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: Oopsie! xD
Old 03-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #5
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I personally think the m.def from the 25 SPR could be neglected. An extra 12.5 m.def is close to nothing. Besides, it's usually pretty tough for a mage to take down clerics anyway (assuming the level difference isn't that high). The 5% critical rate is nice, though.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #6
Bernard20
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: SoleSurvivor
Current Level: 30
Server: Bijou
Bernard20 is on a distinguished road
On my Cleric I made 25SPR then rest END. This gives me a decent crit rate in coagulation with my mace. With the SPR I get the crit to make up for a lack of strength, as well as extra SP. The END gives me the ability to stay alive in tough PT situations and I can Clank if necessary. With this build I can solo even chief monsters of my level. The leveling process may be a bit slower but I think it is a good build for a hybrid cleric.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
My cleric build was to put my first 25 ponits into SPR.
Reason - Crit rate increase, pure and simple.

After that, I proceeded to put 50 points into END.

Reason - I was always in a party - therefore, I am more of a support cleric than a damage-dealing cleric.

After that, I am now putting my points into STR.

Reason - The % increase in defense after +50 in END is not worth it. Also, at this point, my defense is high enough and the STR gives me strength to be more help to my party by whacking the mobs a few times between heals. With all of my AOE heals, I have more time to help kill mobs.

If you plan to solo through most of your cleric-days, I might suggest you either go 25 SPR: then put your points in STR. If you know you will have a party most of the time, I suggest putting the points in END.

Overall it comes down to how you play and what you are wanting out of your cleric.

Also, keep in mind, finding equipment with END and/or STR can help you out where you lack in free-stat points. So, if you go STR with your stats, you may want to try and find high END equipment, or even high STR equipment to give you even more strength. You just have to decide what you want and go for it.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72

Last edited by Spirit; 03-03-2009 at 08:24 PM..
Old 03-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #8
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
To be honest, your build does not matter. What does matter is how you play. If you are looking for efficiency, then keep reading.

Full STR.

DEX is pointless, as you won't dodge nearly enough to make it worthwhile, and nor will you see a worthwhile raise in accuracy.

END is only +1 defense, +5 HP, and +0.1% block per point, so investing in there is likewise rather insignificant.

If you want to make your character smarter, go for INT, but intelligence does not factor into your cleric.

Freestat SPR points do not increase the amount of SP recovered from an SP stone. The only argument here is critical. Test both builds if you like, but damage will be greater with a pure build.

If you feel your defense is lacking, use equipment with END attributes. The defense bonus and HP bonus is the same as an END point, but you will not get any block bonuses. Likewise with SPR, but you will not get any critical bonuses.

Do note that a pure SPR build will exceed any other build if your damage output is 1200+. You will find, however, that Burning Rock mobs will reduce your damage output, compared to Forest of Slumber.

Last edited by Triumph; 03-03-2009 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: Tweaking.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
Bernard20
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: SoleSurvivor
Current Level: 30
Server: Bijou
Bernard20 is on a distinguished road
If you avoid putting points into END at all doesn't that make you too squishy to be supportive in KQ's? If the tank gets stunned or loses aggro another way and you get mobbed, you are guaranteed to die and thus lose all buffs and scrolls while putting your whole party at risk.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #10
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bernard20 View Post
If you avoid putting points into END at all doesn't that make you too squishy to be supportive in KQ's? If the tank gets stunned or loses aggro another way and you get mobbed, you are guaranteed to die and thus lose all buffs and scrolls while putting your whole party at risk.
Assume the cleric in question is level 60.

60 END would yield the following:

+300 HP
+55 defense
+5.5% block rate

I believe a level 60 cleric has around 1.7k HP and 800 defense with no END equipment and full END, no +9s and a shield. This I cannot remember, as it's simply been too long since I was last in-game.

You can counter the loss of HP with END equipment; a full set of +0 maximum END attributes will yield a bonus of +870 HP and +174 defense, putting your total stats at:

Pure STR: 2270 HP, 914 defense.
Pure END: 2570 HP, 969 defense.

With all +9s, Endure, T3 Vitality, T3 Defense, rings, earrings, and extenders, you have:

Pure STR: 5105 HP, 1459 defense.
Pure END: 5555 HP, 1514 defense.

Whereas you are lacking in both HP and defense with a pure STR build, in Ancient Elven Woods you would only be able to take an extra two hits or so. The major difference is only HP, the 50 or so difference in defense is negligible.

Last edited by Triumph; 03-03-2009 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: Earrings and Ring Analysis.
Closed Thread