Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #11
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG

LOL Helbrax if you do have a +9 weapon then pure str is the way to go.
I used to be a hybrid believer but slowly saw triumphs way and saw pure builds seem to be only way to go... other then the 25 spr rest something build... Spreading it out overr 3 stats is a waste imo.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #12
Helbrax
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Helbrax
Helbrax is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Helbrax
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
I used to be a hybrid believer but slowly saw triumphs way and saw pure builds seem to be only way to go... other then the 25 spr rest something build... Spreading it out overr 3 stats is a waste imo.
It's entirely up to play style and personal opinion. I had a high strength build for a while, and switch to a hybrid, and I like the hybrid better, even when soloing.

In my opinion, 25 SPR is is just too delicious to pass up on a Cleric. So I would at least recommend a 25 SPR/Rest Strength build. I think spreading it out over a few skills it the BEST way to go for a cleric, simply because Clerics are already a spread-out build anyway, so sticking it all into just Strength makes you a squishy fighter.

A 25 SPR/X Str build is going to kill at almost the same rate as a pure STR build, if you prioritize your Crit rate. My build will kill slightly slower because of the reduced strength, but makes up for it with a higher block rate, higher HP(not much though, only 125 more hp), higher Defense, higher Magic Defense(if you go 25 SPR) and a higher Crit rate. I wear gear with +STR and +END and I can grind on monsters my level pretty quickly, thanks to a high crit rate. The only time things go slowly is on higher level monsters, mostly due to the crappy accuracy you get with a hammer, but you can always use scrolls to help compensate for that.

Again, this is all my opinion. If you find yourself doing solo a lot, you'll probably benefit from a SPR/STR build and invest in END gear. I solo a lot, but I prefer the added benefits of some END vs full STR, simply because I feel it makes a well rounded support class(aka a CLERIC), and not a straight DD.

Unless you are investing in INT, there isn't really a way to make a BAD Cleric. All of the builds I tried were good at *something*. I just happen to like my build because I think it does a good job of balancing Solo and Party play, without sacrificing too much from either column.

*shrugs*

Last edited by Helbrax; 01-05-2009 at 04:18 PM..
Old 01-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #13
zero_gut
Imp

In-Game Name: distronction
Current Level: 31/59/26/24
Server: bijou
zero_gut is on a distinguished road
this si awxsome
<!~i wil make you admin if u get 1 person to join!~>

Old 01-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #14
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post

Pure builds tend to yield the highest effect. The only builds that come close are xx STR:25 SPR or xx INT: 25 SPR. Pure builds are generally employed by players from Japan, Korea, and Taiwan, whereas hybrid builds tend to come from the United States and European Fiesta. That's what I've noticed, at least.

I do not suggest putting any points into END, unless you are pure END, and that is for tanking only. Other builds can easily compensate for this "loss" with equipment with END stats.

If you want a personal standpoint, I went pure STR for my fighter, cleric, and archer, and pure INT for my mage.

Just my two cents.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #15
Helbrax
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Helbrax
Helbrax is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Helbrax
I was enjoying my build until last night. I gained a few levels and noticed that it wasn't scaling as well as it was in earlier levels. I might get a stat reset scroll while they are on sale and do 25SPR/XSTR again.
Closed Thread