Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 01:26 AM   #1
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Lots of lag

Operating System (OS): Windows Vista Business (32-bit OS? o-o)
Processor information: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU; T8100 @ 2.10 GHz
RAM available: 3054 MB
Graphics information: NIVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M
Nature of your problem: Heavy, heavy lag.

(I'm not a tech savvy person, so I don't know exactly what I'm copying down Dx)

---

I've gone through a lot of lag before, but not one that's this heavy. It takes at least a minute 1+ between waves of lag, where the screen will move for about 2 seconds -headdesk-
I've tried a lot of the usual things (relogging, restarting, manual patch, though I don't know where to find the larger patches anymore @_@), but none of them really work.

This is a new laptop, so I thought it would be alright to run Fiesta on. But then again, it's the laptop that broke down two hours after I bought it *O*

{ enraya ! }
Old 08-11-2008, 02:11 AM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
You can try cleaning the computer through Disk Defragmentation and CCleaner (you'll have to google and download; run both the Cleaner and Registry).

Oh yes, the other day I cleaned the fan of my laptop and the machine in general runs so much more smoothly. But that was because my computer got hot enough to fry an egg.

EDIT: Vista in general sucks when playing games I think...
Old 08-11-2008, 02:31 AM   #3
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
:O

Did you take off the bottom of your laptop to clean the fan?

@_@ Warranties and taking off the bottoms of laptops don't play well...
Old 08-11-2008, 02:41 AM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

No, I used the can of compressed air... that was enough to get the dust off.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:58 AM   #5
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
I'm still laggy after defragmentation, so I read up on the troubleshooting manual that said I had internet connection problems.

Connection Status:
Operating state: Associated with access point
Signal strength: 99%
Signal quality: Excellent
Transmit rate: 54.0 Mbps

Wireless ... is it not fast enough? *O* -headdesk-

My laptop doesn't get very hot, so I don't think I need to clean out the fan.

{ enraya ! }
Old 08-11-2008, 03:16 AM   #6
Loveless
Super Moderator

Well, if your laptop runs fine outside of gaming (ie. programs run fine) then it may be your connection. I run on wireless too and I have my good days where it runs fine and then I have the complete opposite where I can't even move an inch.

Apparently signal strength doesn't necessarily means that your Internet connection itself will be fast. 54Mbps is considered 'slow'... ideal is something like 100 I think?
Old 08-11-2008, 03:44 AM   #7
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

100 apparently also varies too LOL. 100 where I live right now is decent, but 100 in Canada is super. Lag-free 100% XD

I can usually run with 54 Mbps on my other laptop though (which broke down and I lost all 7k of my screenshots -headdesk-). It's laggy sometimes, but not as bad as this @_@

{ enraya ! }
Old 08-11-2008, 04:00 AM   #8
Loveless
Super Moderator

Yeah, I can run with something lower than that actually... it might actually help to post at the official forums. But the bad thing about when I did it last time was that it was dismissed as "you can't run online games on wireless" - Fiesta_Help.

So much for technical support. Worth giving a shot though... cause it *might* be their servers.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:13 AM   #9
Lexaeus
Bat

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: FredWeasley, EishunKonoe
Current Level: 3x, 8
Server: Teva, Epith
Lexaeus is on a distinguished road
It might be Vista. I just bought a new laptop on Wednesday August 6 and Fiesta works fine on wireless on that laptop but my Vista makes it exit out of Fiesta if I am on for over 15 minutes then it freezes and crashes. All I have is my Microsoft Office 2003 and my itunes and songs. Scanned no viruses. It might be your vista like my vista is the problem for my error. I ran Fiesta on my old laptop with 54mbps and it runs perfectly fine except when I go to town or when my brother downloads.

Thank you Loveless for the awesome siggy
Old 08-11-2008, 04:16 AM   #10
Loveless
Super Moderator

The thing is that Vista takes up a heck of a lot of RAM or whatever it is that it takes up.

If you're running on Windows Vista Aero, change it to Vista basics and see if the games runs any better. Also, if you have the sidebar out, exit out of it as well...
Closed Thread