Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 04:31 AM   #11
Lexaeus
Bat

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: FredWeasley, EishunKonoe
Current Level: 3x, 8
Server: Teva, Epith
Lexaeus is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
The thing is that Vista takes up a heck of a lot of RAM or whatever it is that it takes up.

If you're running on Windows Vista Aero, change it to Vista basics and see if the games runs any better. Also, if you have the sidebar out, exit out of it as well...
Hmmmmmmmmmmm I see.............. Thank you I did have the sidebar out so maybe that's why.

Thank you Loveless for the awesome siggy
Old 08-11-2008, 04:37 AM   #12
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the sidebar advice.
I guess it's also map lag as well; I don't lag as much in Eld as I do in Dark Passage I or Abyss, surprisingly. Yesterday I lagged hell in Eld and was fine in Dark Passage and Abyss XD

{ enraya ! }
Old 08-11-2008, 04:50 AM   #13
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Maps definitely has something to do with the lag. For me I'm fine in dungeons (-holds on to abyss/trumpy remains-) but I can't handle CP or AEW for some reason...
Old 08-11-2008, 05:28 AM   #14
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
the network thing:
it looks like what you were talking about is your network speed. 54Mbps is G i think. that won't matter as long as what's being transfered to your computer over the network doesn't require something faster than that. fiesta doesn't so that's ok.

but if it's a bad connection the speed shown can still be the same but it'll still cause lag and you can get dced a lot.

the 100Mbps is either wireless N or ethernet i think.

you say the problem is waves of lag with about 2 seconds in between where the screen moves. if the screen is frozen then that's graphic. if by nothing moving you just mean people not moving and stuff but you cna still see (for example) shrooms swaying or you cna walk then that's your connection most likely.

if it's the first thing and you know your video card and everything is high enough to run fiesta then try making sure your drivers are up to date and everything.

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Old 08-13-2008, 08:12 PM   #15
iDerrick
Symphony

Tournaments Won: 2

iDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant future
Its probably just the connection. I have wireless on my good computer and when i tried running most of my games, I would experience a like a 2 second lag in which the screen would pause then fast forward to catch up to normal game speed. There shouldnt be anything wrong with your computer, just that any game no matter what the reqs, shouldn't be played under wireless conditions. There will always be lag with wireless. When I switched back to using my ethernet cable, all my games ran perfectly smooth. With wireless (54mbs) I had a ping of about 60, but when I switched back to ethernet (100mbs), my ping dropped down to around 20.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:41 AM   #16
Sandandstone
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Sandandstone
Current Level: 59
Server: Apoline... LONG LIVE APO's!
Sandandstone is on a distinguished road
wow, ur gonna give urself a concussion with all the -headdesk-s easy up on abusing ur head and the desk... or both might end up broken xD
Old 08-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #17
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I used to play on dial-up, so you don't need a superfast connection to be able to play.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #18
oOAnubisOo
Mara Pirate Sailor

In-Game Name: oOAnubisOo
Current Level: 60
Server: Apoline
oOAnubisOo is on a distinguished road
I believe it to be your router and laptop. You could try a few things, if your in an area where you don't have to worry about encryption as much, you could change your encryption from 128bit to 64bit. You could also adjust the Firewall setting within your router to put your Laptop in a DMZ (demilitarized zone kinda), this will put your laptop outside of the firewall and makes it vulnerable to malicious incoming requests. As far as your laptop goes, making sure you don't have a bunch of programs requesting to use the network all the time is a key factor. You can run Sandra by SiSoftware and do network tests to see what could be slowing you down and it can tell you what you can turn off to optimize. Defrag, even if it says you don't have to. Most importantly, read up on setting up you Pagefile correctly so you are using your memory to it's full potential and not paging to much info when Fiesta is using 900megs D: .

In the end, it could just be that 54mbs isn't fast enough. It's not for me.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #19
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Bleh its prob your connection, i used to have wireless
in my old house but then i convinced my mom and her boyfriend
to use wireless cause it doesnt affect there needs to much xD
Old 08-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #20
EriaDaisyAoi
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Eria_Daisy_Aoi
Current Level: 1 :( (Thanks to someone who touch my character and pressed the delete button!)
Server: Mainly Bijou! but I'm a Cross-Dresser in Apoline and Epith! Watch OUT!
EriaDaisyAoi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EriaDaisyAoi
wow... :p
ummm... if it lags like that!

I wonder how you will get out of Elderine! LOL!

ummm... does it lag in Kingdom Quests?

It should barely lag there

Bijou Characters:
"My Staff of Water and Ice, is something Soaky and nice"
Eria_Daisy_Aoi

"My Sword of Psychic and Fire, is my heart's Burning desire"
Hiita_Kurenai

"My Mace of Earth and Thunder, is my very Hard Plunder"
Aussa_Kurogane

"My Bow of Wind and Nature, is my Aerobic Future"
Wynn_Miyabi
Closed Thread