Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 12:30 AM   #31
Elias
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Elias
Current Level: 54, near 55
Server: Apoline
Elias is on a distinguished road

The xbow does not deal 2 times the damage a bow does, because of base damage, on orcs I crit for like 950 with bow, with xbow I do like 1050. Not too much difference. It is all a matter of personal preference, neither is better then the other.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:35 AM   #32
Fr0Z3nWind
King Spider

In-Game Name: -nil-
Current Level: -nil-
Server: -nil-
Fr0Z3nWind will become famous soon enough
diff build will go diff weapon
if ur a spr + str, go bow
spr + dex, go xbow
full str go bow
full spr i have no idea
full dex xbow
full int plz kill ur archer now
Old 11-24-2007, 05:13 PM   #33
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Server: Teva
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Lol why do people forget about the full end build?!

We tank archers need som love to ^^

Btw for full end use a xbow!

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 12-18-2007, 07:48 PM   #34
DTOSensei
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: Aioros "Sagittarius Saint"
Current Level: 1
DTOSensei is on a distinguished road
Cross Bow/ Bow?
This is something i found. Maybe can help.
Quote:
Lastly, I will explain the option of using a crossbow or bow and maybe help you decide which best suit you. Answer my questions below and make your decision at level 20 when the time come for you.

Do you like to spam your skills when killing mobs or do you prefer to conserve your energy and just shoot at mobs using normal attacks?

If your answer is YES, I spammed my skills constantly be it solo or in party. I suggest you use a crossbow for the higher critical chance % and damage base of the weapon.
1.Reason being you hardly use the crossbow for normal attack.
2.You still get to enjoy the higher crit chance and base damage of the weapon when your skills hit the target.

If your answer is the latter, prefering to conserve energy/SP for long grinds with a party or just soloing. A regular bow will be a better option for you. You make up for damage by attacking faster simple as that. Not forgetting the fact that bow users get an extra bow skill compared to crossbow users. Thus making a bow user slightly on par with a crossbow user in term of DPS tho not the best.

Finally, i come to the last part of my guide. Answering why did i recommend potion and scroll making for the Archer class. Undeniably archers use hell lots of scrolls and potions when soloing no matter what build you are. So I am just trying to help you save up some money thats all folks. Welcome any feedback and hope this guide helps!
Old 12-18-2007, 11:49 PM   #35
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
LOL, that guide was actually the first thing I found xDD

xBow is good for spamming skills because skill speed is independant from the atk speed.
Bows are naturally fast and with aimed and power cast skill time it would be more of a hassle in my opinion to spam skills all the time.

{ enraya ! }
Old 12-21-2007, 01:27 AM   #36
JuliannaD
Slime

In-Game Name: Emmiya
Current Level: 8..... I think :(
Server: Teva woot!
JuliannaD is on a distinguished road
YOU KNOW WHAT... I totally think that bows are like WAY better than crossbows no matter how sophisticated (that word was hard 2 spell) you make your math seem. BOWS PWN CROSSBOWS
Old 12-21-2007, 02:17 AM   #37
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
My opinion is Crossbows>>>>>>Bows

The higher crit for an archer is great and the attack speed doesnt matter since most archers use skills alot. + it has higher base attack. Bows have faster attack rate but that doesn't matter for skills, which is what I mainly use. Crossbow>bow
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 12-21-2007, 02:41 AM   #38
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Yar, in a same situation w/ the same build etc., crossbows > bows, it's pretty obvious.

Dun forget the 25 SPR full END archers! We need some love here <3
If you go END, use a crossbow like Zwivix suggested.

{ enraya ! }
Old 12-21-2007, 02:44 AM   #39
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lightningmystix View Post
Yar, in a same situation w/ the same build etc., crossbows > bows, it's pretty obvious.

Dun forget the 25 SPR full END archers! We need some love here <3
If you go END, use a crossbow like Zwivix suggested.
Thats what i am..25 SPR and then full end. you dont need DEX. I dodge enough without added DEX Dont need STR with Crit either
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G

Last edited by secbro20; 12-21-2007 at 02:47 AM..
Old 12-21-2007, 03:00 AM   #40
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

But for some reason, I regret going END .____.
I wanna go full SPR xDD

But I chose END because in about 2/3 of the parties I'm in, I'm the tank. I draw aggro even off the higher level fighters because I tend to spam skills as quickly as I can in the first few seconds xDD Always in a certain order too, lol.

But everyone keeps on telling me that I'm only adding END for the benefit of soloing at my level. So I'm wondering if I should start going full SPR.

{ enraya ! }
Closed Thread