Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:01 AM   #11
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road

I've no end added except for my two rings which only add 6 end and I have no problems surviving when I grind alone.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #12
CursedMagus
Mini Greenky

CursedMagus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Zotius View Post
I've no end added except for my two rings which only add 6 end and I have no problems surviving when I grind alone.
What level are you? I mean no offense what so ever but unless you're beyond level 20, your opinion is kinda null and void. It gets a LOT tougher later on. For all classes. Not just Mages or Archers but for them all. I watched a level 35 Fighter, (i'm assuming he was pure END but never asked him) who used a sword and shield, nearly die numerous times against the Zombie King. His HP went down at an astounding rate and it was nearly impossible for me to keep an eye on him. So if he was pure END I could only imagine that it would be nigh impossible for you to even fight him at that level.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #13
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by CursedMagus View Post
What level are you? I mean no offense what so ever but unless you're beyond level 20, your opinion is kinda null and void. It gets a LOT tougher later on. For all classes. Not just Mages or Archers but for them all. I watched a level 35 Fighter, (i'm assuming he was pure END but never asked him) who used a sword and shield, nearly die numerous times against the Zombie King. His HP went down at an astounding rate and it was nearly impossible for me to keep an eye on him. So if he was pure END I could only imagine that it would be nigh impossible for you to even fight him at that level.
I supported a full SPR fighter in Closed Beta to mid 30s before it ended and we never had that problem... probably once or twice every now and then (accidents always happen D: ), but he usually survived pretty well when we grind/king hunting. With scrolls, pots, and a cleric, a fighter should tank alright - just requires a bit more hard work if they're not full END.

No idea about solo-ing though.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #14
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Well I'm still kinda low. Level 26 Axe Fighter but I change to OHS and Shield when I'm tanking.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:00 PM   #15
CursedMagus
Mini Greenky

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
I supported a full SPR fighter in Closed Beta to mid 30s before it ended and we never had that problem... probably once or twice every now and then (accidents always happen D: ), but he usually survived pretty well when we grind/king hunting. With scrolls, pots, and a cleric, a fighter should tank alright - just requires a bit more hard work if they're not full END.

No idea about solo-ing though.
The keyword being "supported". Alone he probably wouldn't have been able to do much. And why in the world was he a pure SPR Fighter? Thats like me making a pure STR Mage. @_@
Old 11-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #16
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Well a Pure Spr Fighter has a really great advantage in the long run. Currently, at level 59 one could achieve up to a 21.9% crit rate. 31.9% if the licenses stack. At level 100, one could achieve a 25% crit rate. 35% or even more with items at that level and if the licenses stacked.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #17
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by CursedMagus View Post
The keyword being "supported". Alone he probably wouldn't have been able to do much. And why in the world was he a pure SPR Fighter? Thats like me making a pure STR Mage. @_@
I think any class will have trouble soloing except a cleric because they can heal themselves. Full END fighters have a hell of a time killing things even if they survive well. It will become tedious and takes them forever to level if they plan on solo-ing. I suspect a full SPR fighter might, just might, actually solo a tad bit better than full END fighter. Then again, I'm not very well informed about fighters, but just throwing this opinion in from what I see and have supported as a cleric.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #18
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
I recently killed off Spirit_of_Earth, my fighter, and started her over as a pure END tank. So far, I have been able to level her rather quickly for the limited time that I play her, and I seem to be doing pretty well with killing off mobs by myself, since I mostly play my other characters when I do not have Lady-Loki to party with. So, she has made it pretty far solo'ing her way through. However, I must point out that I have yet to face the much stronger mobs, which to me start in MT. I am still testing her out and will just have to wait and see how she does. However, I made her to simply tank, she will not PvP.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 11-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #19
Arcblaze
Mushroom Fighter

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Arcblaze
Current Level: 1x
Arcblaze is on a distinguished road
mind u im low as heck still im only lvl 16 but i have put every last point into str and i dont really have much trouble with anything. I can never seem to find any parties out there so i am forced to solo almost every time i play. but yes there are only a few mobs that hurt me bad and i can still beat them alone without useing many pots not sure why ppl whould put 25spr if they going full str???
Old 11-01-2007, 03:48 PM   #20
CursedMagus
Mini Greenky

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
I think any class will have trouble soloing except a cleric because they can heal themselves. Full END fighters have a hell of a time killing things even if they survive well. It will become tedious and takes them forever to level if they plan on solo-ing. I suspect a full SPR fighter might, just might, actually solo a tad bit better than full END fighter. Then again, I'm not very well informed about fighters, but just throwing this opinion in from what I see and have supported as a cleric.
It depends on what you mean by "trouble". Being a Cleric is easier than other classes due to the fact that they can heal themselves so easily. But the only problem is, is the amount of SP the spells use. I was using up so many SP potions it wasn't even funny. I had over 500 Tier 1 SP potions in my storage about less than a week ago. Now I don't even have 200 of them. I just went back to being my Mage. Besides, Mages are more wanted for parties than Clerics are because there's always too many Clerics. Lol.

Anyways, if you got more defense it'll be easier to solo. You can take hits better and you've got more HP. Also if you use a sword and shield you've got speed and extra END along with the ability to block. And thats increased with END as well. A pure SPR Fighter only has the chance of getting more criticals than a Fighter who isn't pure SPR. But that means he'll never be able to tank as well as someone who's pure END or some other hybrid involving END.
Closed Thread