Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 02:02 AM   #21
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG

Uhm i wasnt bragging about having a 78 cleric was i ? Its not
much anyways capped players and lvl 7x players arnt a dime a dozen these days. And i forsure couldnt compete with your many high lvls.
Im talking about experiance where i out damage pure int mages.
and can easily beat most pure builds in pvp. And maybe your
spreadsheets and experiments on a freaking game are correct about
other people, but not myself. Because i have compared with a pure int
mage at lvl 50 and 30. Both times i out dmged and would beat him in pvp
because of crits.

Last edited by MikeyG; 07-14-2008 at 02:09 AM..
Old 07-14-2008, 02:35 AM   #22
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
He was talking about how direct experience from playing multiple characters and computation backs up an opinion that he holds that happens to be in direct opposition to yours.

Before comparing Mages and Fighters with Pure Int/Str and their respective hybrids, I'd suggest you compare them in a situation that is not PvP as gameplay and class balance is different for PvE and PvP before you conclusively say that one is 'better' than the other. They both have their drawbacks and advantages.

Yes, it's already proven that pure Int/Str [consistently] outdamages hybrids in the long-run and yes, a hybrid will of course outdamage a pure-build
if the hits crit. I'm aware that Spr does more than just increase crit rate, but people are more concerned about the damage that floats up on their screens and thus the +5% crit rate is held most important.

When you talk about one sub-class (different builds) using PvP as a means to gauge their overall superiority over the other (Pure int/str versus hybrids)
you must be of course aware that damage is not the only factor. PvP between the people of the same class falls down to (Especially amongst Mages) skill cast order choice, timing, level and luck. Equips too of course.

In PvP, having a consistently high damage is nice, but what is also important in Fiesta's (admittedly somewhat cracked/broken) PvP is the unexpected critical hit. All characters and classes have stones that heals a set amount of HP with the number of stones held being the difference between classes.
PvP in Fiesta boils down to two people attacking each other until they either run out of stones or one leaves in disgust. This of course only happens when they're equally matched. Otherwise, one of them are either blown out of the water just because one is just that more Cash-Shopped than the other or nothing happens at all.... See Cleric on Cleric battles for this.

A timely critical hit in PvP is thus usually a good way to kill someone because a crit at an unexpected time blows their stone usage timing completely out of whack. This is of utmost importance especially to Mages, because if they use the right skills at the right times (Fear, Mana Burn, Stifle) with the full knowledge of how Fiesta PvP combat flow works, they're unstoppable.

So with that said, don't use PvP to compare builds. Such things as localized incidents and random chance (which is what critting essentially is) do happen and it is best to repeat trials to determine the supposed superiority of one build over the other.

Last edited by Ivramire; 07-14-2008 at 02:37 AM..
Old 08-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #23
Grudger
Blue Crab

In-Game Name: Ryengeku
Current Level: 5x
Server: Epith
Grudger is an unknown quantity at this point
Love the work Ivramire. XD
Old 08-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #24
_JunShyr_*FTW*
Ice Vivi

Tournaments Won: 16

In-Game Name: Zidane
Current Level: 93
Server: Cypion
_JunShyr_*FTW* is on a distinguished road
Ivramire is so precise :P
Spr ads a 0.2% to crit every skill point added until it reached 25 after this only 0.1% is added to crit rate. This is why most people stop as 25

My fighter is a tank but with prem sets i can easily crit so if you have the money for sc then dont worry so much about spr just buy something like my swimsuit with 12% crit
But otherwise maybe 25spr it and then maybe pure str and see how that works for u

Thats for a dd build aswell btw =/
Old 08-02-2008, 02:46 AM   #25
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Mathematical theory can't always account for chance sadly.

Regardless, I stand by pure build's for damage. In my opinon, if you're counting on luck for damage, it would be better to maximise the intensity of your critical rather than frequency. I find this particularly true when comparing cash shop gear players. That 5% makes a lot less of a difference when both players are nearing a 30% critical rate.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:36 AM   #26
Reveille
Phino

In-Game Name: Xanniss
Current Level: 15
Server: Bijou
Reveille is on a distinguished road
i do 2 STR:1 END and so far its pretty good.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #27
AwesomeX
Slime

AwesomeX is on a distinguished road
My axe user is a 3 END 1 SPR build. The thing is that u can only get critical% from spr stat or from weapon (and some earrings). You can't get it from a green weapon with like godly spr. That spr doesn't give any critical%.

If you use one-handed swords i would just go full end. One handers are great for tanking (because of shield) and you still get nice abilities. I don't think 2 handers are worth it. Their damage/sec is lower than axe and one handers.

DEX on the other hand u get both aim and evade from greens so its safe to buy greens with that. Also buy greens with STR even if u get a lot of str each lvl its still a good idea especially for fast mage killing. :-P

Hope that helps
Closed Thread