Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 08-17-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
Spowers
Mushroom

Spowers is on a distinguished road
So about these GMs...

Let me start off with this, I am by no means a picky guy; I have dabbled in free MMORPGs for quite some time now (Akia, EdenEternal, Runes of magic, etc etc....) and finally I stumbled upon Fiesta. Game is incredible IMO, I have a love for anime and simplicity, heh.

Just a few days ago I was banned due to a name "against ToS". The name was Diacytlmorphine, drug names (unless trademarked) are not in the ToS as a violation... so i decided to send the GM an email questioning why I can not choose a new name without paying money if what I was named was not clearly written in the ToS . I got the cookie cutter answer of "We have ruled that this name is inappropriate. blah blah blah you will be unbanned during the downtime on Tuesday, if you would like to change your name please go to this site /linktotheripoffstore".

So Tuesday has rolled around and sure enough, no maintenance(Except for the one yesterday, but apparently that one didn't count). I have been banned for 5 days now and will be for another 2 days because these people are too lazy to shut the servers down... I mean come on, I have had Boobiegrind on my firends list for about 2 months now, but I get pegged for this? These GMs seem to not give 2 craps about anyone except themselves and the OS store... Worst customer service I have ever had almost anywhere, except the Braintree apple store...god I hate them.

Thanks for reading the rant. Feel free to flame openly.

<3<3
Spowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I'd just keep emailing them but remember to keep a neutral attitude (or else they seriously won't help). But yeah, in the past they usually just changed your character name for you and then asked you what you'd really like it named to. I remember when a GM changed KYJelly to SmuckersJelly.

Then again they didn't offer name changes in the cash shop at the time. Still it isn't fair to not specify what is not allowed in names and then ban you and tell you you HAVE to pay money to get your account back.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
Spowers
Mushroom

Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
I'd just keep emailing them but remember to keep a neutral attitude (or else they seriously won't help). But yeah, in the past they usually just changed your character name for you and then asked you what you'd really like it named to. I remember when a GM changed KYJelly to SmuckersJelly.

Then again they didn't offer name changes in the cash shop at the time. Still it isn't fair to not specify what is not allowed in names and then ban you and tell you you HAVE to pay money to get your account back.

Yeah in wow the "bad name" system is a lot better but that can be expected because they actually help you when you get into a situation such as this. The thing that really upsets me is the fact that this whole process has had me banned since last Friday. It really is a pile of crap that they can not get things done sooner, they are just to lazy to pay for more GMs to help people individually.

Oh and they specifically told me that i would have no say in what my name would be, I am going to have to pay to rename if i don't like the "random set of letters and numbers." I can tell you from this experience that keeping a cool head in your emails does not help your situation, they stopped responding after my second mail to them asking if i could just buy the name change and get reactivated; this was after they postponed maintenance.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:13 AM   #4
Spowers
Mushroom

So finally got unbanned a few days ago, I got a super robot name for not one but TWO of my characters. a few guildies told me " oh you can just message them on the website and they should be able to change things for you!" I specifically remember one of them getting it changed, i figured they had paid for it though. I decided to take action with this, check out the mail.

Customer By Web Form (shaunpp) 08/23/2011 08:40 PM
Good evening OS,

My archer name was changed to 081311bt01 and my fighters name was changed to 081311bt02, I was going to try to deal with it but typing it in game is just making people angry. Can i please get them changed like this if possible?:

081311bt01 - Shuuto

081311bt02 - AngryAfro

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to read my request.

Very Respectfully,
Shaun Powers

----------

Dear shaunpp,

Thank you for contacting Outspark Customer Support.

Unfortunately we will not be able to change your names for you. If you wish to change them to something other than what they are now you will need to purchase a name change from the store. That being said, in the future, we would also advise that you do not create characters with inappropriate names.

CSR_T*****
Customer Support Representative
Outspark, Inc.

---------------

My names may not have been appropriate in your opinion, I work with medicine this is why that was my name base; that being said, in the ToS put out by you guys (outspark) there is nothing that hints to the fact that drug names that are not trademarked are inappropriate. I got the information that names could be changed to at least something non-robotic by a few in game players, how can you guys make me pay for something that is not specified as "not allowed" in your ToS, and also how is it that you can
help out select people when they have this issue. Please help me out here I really don't care what my names are changed too i just don't want a bunch of random numbers and letters...

Very Respectfully,
Shaun Powers

------------------

Dear shaunpp,

Thank you for contacting Outspark Customer Support.

We do not change names for players that had their names changed for inappropriate names. As mentioned if you would like your names changed you will need to purchase name change items.

CSR_T*****
Customer Support Representative
Outspark, Inc.

-------------------

Why do you never even touch the subject of ToS. Please pass me to a GM that cares about customer service please. thank you for all your help...lol

--------------------

Started the emails as respectful as you can get, and no help. I would not have even cared if the name was Qwerty, a name with random numbers and letters should not be given to anyone, especially if the name is not listed as inappropriate in the ToS. These GMs are too uncaring, just money vacuums for the guy who roll in the profits.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:11 AM   #5
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I'd offer to use my extra sparkcash to buy you a name change since I don't play any of the games anymore, but I don't have anywhere near enough. I thought I had a decent amount last I logged in. Then again, the prices may have changed.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote