Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 06:50 AM   #1
iheartmyibook
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Bluepaw
Current Level: really low...
Server: Teva
iheartmyibook is on a distinguished road
What is with all the gay hate?

just what the title says
i mean does someone being gay really have any impact over someone else? What difference does it make either way? But still there seems to be some people who take it upon themselves to hate them for something they can't change.

Thanks Leesa for the awesome sig. ^_^
I <3 KIRA!

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is a Bunny.Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination

I <3 DeathNote!!!!!
I am a Kira supporter but my favorite character is L!!
Old 03-20-2009, 07:05 AM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
It's a very dividing and controversial thing.

There's loads of reasons why someone may be against homoseuality. It could have a religious background, most of the major religions are against it. They could be insecure about something they don't likely understand. Most societys are more conservative than not, so it carries a social stigma. Lots of reasons really.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
But there aren't any valid reasons. And no, homosexuality being against someone's religion isn't a valid reason.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:40 AM   #4
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I didn't say they were valid reasons.

Just saying what reasons one may have.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #5
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Right. I was just clarifying it a bit, since you said there were "lots of reasons". Almost sounded like you were giving validity to the reasons you stated. I mean, the reason could be the person living in your pinky finger told you gay people were icky, but that wouldn't be a valid reason, heh.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #6
Senyx The Soulless one
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: CrimsonChaos
Current Level: 67
Server: AP-PO-LEEN
Senyx The Soulless one is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by iheartmyibook View Post
just what the title says
i mean does someone being gay really have any impact over someone else? What difference does it make either way? But still there seems to be some people who take it upon themselves to hate them for something they can't change.

What's RIGHT with being homosexual?
They've been getting owned since they popped up on the earth, In most the religions i've seen, If you commited an act of homosexuality, It meant like, Auto-death

Nowadays, If you're gay and live anywhere even remotely shady, Chances are, There are people around there that want to do the same thing. I personally don't care about homosexuality, I'm prety secure in my straightness. But i've seen open acts of homosexuality IN PUBLIC that have sent shivers down mah spine.
Nothing wrong with being gay. Sure.
Tell that to the thousansd of generations before us.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I'd say its mostly a Bible-hugging Christian issue and the fact that its different, uncommon.

I say bible-hugging christian because not all christians are against homosexuality and discriminate against it. But there are those who take the bible word for word and when it says one man cannot lie with another man, they assume its saying homosexuality is wrong. But its not just christianity, a lot of religions are against it.

And not to mention, its normal for people to be against or be uncomfortable with something uncommon, and homosexuality, while its becoming more common, is an uncommon thing. Except for select cultures in their day, homosexuality hasn't been seen as natural or normal, just like other sexualities such as pedophilia, which has been around since ancient times. Or even in the early 1900s... people who were mentally challenged were looked at like they had the plague, Hitler would kill mentally challenged people, many people were afraid it was contageous, when they were just born that way.

It makes me think of The Hunch Back of Notre Dame lol.

When you see someone, such as a dwarf, someone with a physical mutation, or something of the likes, you're going to look at them, even if you don't stare like its Jesus riding by on a tricycle, but you're going to look, even if for a second, because its different.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #8
Manzcar
WHOOOOOOOOOOS THEEEEEERE!

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Same as above
Current Level: Manzcar sndy| Elijaz 2x
Manzcar has disabled reputation
I think people throw around the word hate way too much. If someone doesn't agree with a lifestyle or the way a person acts than it is because they hate. Why is that?

I don't agree with the lifestyle of someone in my mothers neighborhood. I think it is unclean to have 45 cats and 20 dogs living in a 2 bedroom house. But that doesn't mean I hate them. I just find it icky.

But it seems that today you are not allowed to have your own opinion. If you disagree with the views of others than it's because you hate them.

So if someone doesn't agree with me is that because the hate me or is it because they have a different opinion.

LOKI Thanks!!
Old 03-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #9
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
People find others who are "different" from them as something to avoid. It does not necessarily have to be a "Bible-hugging Christian," for there are many people who dislike gays simply because they are, and for a lack of a better way to state it, gay. People can't tolerate someone being different, and that is the stem of all conflict.

A person is smart. People are stupid.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
I say the hate (regardless of the prejudice) is a learned opinion. No human was born with hate in their heart - they learned it from those around them.

Personally I think it is sad that hate seems to be so much easier for people to assimilate than love & kindness, but then again, if the numbers of people emanating hate were fewer and the number of people emanating love & kindness were greater, then maybe it would be the opposite.

Originally Posted by Senyx The Soulless one View Post
What's RIGHT with being homosexual?
They've been getting owned since they popped up on the earth, In most the religions i've seen, If you commited an act of homosexuality, It meant like, Auto-death

Nowadays, If you're gay and live anywhere even remotely shady, Chances are, There are people around there that want to do the same thing. I personally don't care about homosexuality, I'm prety secure in my straightness. But i've seen open acts of homosexuality IN PUBLIC that have sent shivers down mah spine.
Nothing wrong with being gay. Sure.
Tell that to the thousansd of generations before us.
Just my opinion, but as for "open acts of homosexuality IN PUBLIC", I don't care to know specifics, but I expect that my reaction would have been the same for excess PDA (beyond holding hands, a hug or a loving kiss, and no, slobber-swapping is not a loving kiss), regardless of homosexual or heterosexual, since I believe intimatacy in a relationship should be personal & private between the two parties and not a public display.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Closed Thread