Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 07:53 AM   #11
Zucchini
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Zucchini [Cleric]
Current Level: 3x
Server: Teva
Zucchini is a glorious beacon of lightZucchini is a glorious beacon of lightZucchini is a glorious beacon of lightZucchini is a glorious beacon of lightZucchini is a glorious beacon of lightZucchini is a glorious beacon of light

Us clerics need str at first to kill faster. Every bit counts.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:56 AM   #12
Xylem
Joker Kebing

In-Game Name: Phloem
Current Level: Shree Ex
Server: Bijou
Xylem is on a distinguished road
Yes, I reconsidered it. I'm glad i put strenth now lol. I'm going to switch to some other stat now and see. By the way, I'd like to point out that there is an error in the wiki.

The wiki states that the "END" stats give +5 def. It only gives +1, so if anyone would correct it, please do.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:09 PM   #13
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
In response to anyone who thinks the extra damage from STR is worthless. Remind yourselves what 5% crit really means, because calculation tells me that if you had just 25 points to spare, that unless your average, not your show-off, damage, exceed 1200, those extra 5% damage < 30 extra damage every hit. If you think you do critical hits a lot, it is not wholly to the credit of +crit% from +SPR, because your other sources of crit% > bonus crit% from +SPR (with particular reference to an axe with maxed Orc License).

I have seen someone mentioning the direct addition of +damage before but I can't find it anymore =/

Purely informative post.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."

Last edited by Icy; 11-28-2007 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: Emphasis on phrase
Old 11-28-2007, 07:44 PM   #14
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
They really do add on to the actual damage you inflict. This means it is unaffected by modifiers such as monster defense. I tested this out on an Orc with a sub level 10 archer, and for every extra STR I add I did 1 more damage. With such a huge discrepancy between the Orc's defense and my pathetic display damage, I can only attribute the damage increase solely to the +STR.

I just thought this might interest people who favour +SPR over +STR. For maximum actual damage: the amount of extra damage from critical hits, spread out over a large number of hits, cannot match the +damage from +STR until your average actual damage exceed 1000 by a margin. While this might be done versus things half your level, in normal circumstances you can only dream about 4 digit average damage.

At level 50, 55 points into STR would give a whooping 66 extra damage per hit, which is independent of the thing you're attacking. I'd think that means a lot to clerics hammering things by themselves.

I suspect the +Mdamage from +INT works the same too.

It would seem full INT mage > Fission
ALL This has been pointed out before...Especially in the fighter section

Except recently...
Thing is though i just figured out a few days ago the [U]extra damage can CHANGE [U]

The other day freak (who has +25 str as he said) was punching me for 23 damage in a gw. If math was correct he SHOULD have hit for 25+ damage...

AS FOR THE SPR VS STR ARGUEMENT
the spr points is meant mainly for pvp purposes. 25 spr translates into 30 damage points in strength which in pvp or LATER GAME is worthless. the extra crit keeps it's use/advantage later on in the game since its a PERCENTAGE rather then a direct sum.

Mathwise str is at most beneficial in grinding and for 1handed sword users since the damage bonus happens MUCH more frequently.

While as you said on normal circumstances the 4 digit damage is rare but with a PROPERLY built crit setup the effects of spr can be devastating in Pvp.
Just comebine a
9% crit axe
+5% from license
+5% from spr
+2% from earrings
and if your paying
+25% from cash shop tuxedo

Thats over 40% crit rate
When your a fighter SPAMMING SKILLS IN PVP the crits would be consistent and DEVASTATING.

In response to anyone who thinks the extra damage from STR is worthless. Remind yourselves what 5% crit really means, because calculation tells me that if you had just 25 points to spare, that unless your average, not your show-off, damage, exceed 1200, those extra 5% damage < 30 extra damage every hit. If you think you do critical hits a lot, it is not wholly to the credit of +crit% from +SPR, because your other sources of crit% > bonus crit% from +SPR (with particular reference to an axe with maxed Orc License).

I have seen someone mentioning the direct addition of +damage before but I can't find it anymore =/

Purely informative post.
As i said before later on in the game the bonus 30 damage would become VERY neglibile its great trade off for a pretty good crit rate increase
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.

Last edited by rokaraged; 11-28-2007 at 07:46 PM..
Old 11-28-2007, 09:22 PM   #15
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
let do a little bit math:

i assume that crits double the resulting damage(after defence)

25spr gives 25*0,2% crit = +5%crit = +2,5%dmg
25str gives 25*1,2min dmg = +30min dmg

k now let us find the damage where +25spr and +25str give the same bonis
x = 30/0.025 = 1200. //simple percent calculation

And so we know that +25str gives better results when the avg dmg is under 1200. And +25spr gives better dmg if the avg dmg is above 1200.

But we must remember that +25str is more reliable.

Note: It is possible that the free stats are also part of the basic stats. If that the case +25str will additionally raise the str just like a ring with the same value

Edit: just saw someone else posting that stuff nvm then

Last edited by MaxOff; 11-28-2007 at 09:29 PM..
Old 11-29-2007, 12:24 AM   #16
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rokaraged View Post
ALL This has been pointed out before...Especially in the fighter section
Repeating the same messages drills things into people's heads. Plus... This doesn't only apply to fighters. AND, there's one thing that's always in any discussion about stat points I've seen, and that thing is bias, bucket loads of it. That's why my original post was pretty concise and if you read through it again, you'll probably pick up more things!

Originally Posted by rokaraged View Post
As i said before later on in the game the bonus 30 damage would become VERY neglibile its great trade off for a pretty good crit rate increase
"VERY neglibile" compared to what? Compared to the combined crit%, hell yes. Compared to the additional 5% from +25SPR, no, I don't think so. This is what I'm trying to convey, the fact that the tiny damage IS actually significant compared to the 5% crit. NOT all your fantastic crit% combined.

In the PvP context, your opponent will have some tweaks from the freestat thingy, something that monsters don't have. You can't expect to do the same sort of damage you do to monsters :O

Quote:
AS FOR THE SPR VS STR ARGUEMENT
the spr points is meant mainly for pvp purposes. 25 spr translates into 30 damage points in strength which in pvp or LATER GAME is worthless. the extra crit keeps it's use/advantage later on in the game since its a PERCENTAGE rather then a direct sum.

Mathwise str is at most beneficial in grinding and for 1handed sword users since the damage bonus happens MUCH more frequently.
Read what I said about the cut-off minimum average damage you need to be doing before that <quote>PERCENTAGE</quote> start to work its wonders. It's 1200. From watching fighters take it out on one another, it seems the higher the level the less significant the damage they inflict on one another. Certainly NOT 1200 a hit. I recall your guildies hitting me with axes when I was 10 levels lower, and being a mage in the 40s, it took a few hits to chop my mushroom.

I actually did a huge table on the effective bonus damages with 3 parameters, so the number crunching doesn't agree with you =/ Don't forget too, there are clerics around and they have much lower base STR than you do.

This is all hypothesizing and I find it rather amusing that people often jump straight to conclusions, even so firmly.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 11-29-2007, 02:38 AM   #17
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
ohh man that emberassing. i made an error

if
+25spr gives 5% additional crit, and crit doubles damage after reduced by the defence. Then the Damage bonus is 5%. (+100%*5%= +5%)

following that logic: x = 30/5% = 600

have fun.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:56 AM   #18
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Repeating the same messages drills things into people's heads. Plus... This doesn't only apply to fighters. AND, there's one thing that's always in any discussion about stat points I've seen, and that thing is bias, bucket loads of it. That's why my original post was pretty concise and if you read through it again, you'll probably pick up more things!

"VERY neglibile" compared to what? Compared to the combined crit%, hell yes. Compared to the additional 5% from +25SPR, no, I don't think so. This is what I'm trying to convey, the fact that the tiny damage IS actually significant compared to the 5% crit. NOT all your fantastic crit% combined.

In the PvP context, your opponent will have some tweaks from the freestat thingy, something that monsters don't have. You can't expect to do the same sort of damage you do to monsters :O

Read what I said about the cut-off minimum average damage you need to be doing before that <quote>PERCENTAGE</quote> start to work its wonders. It's 1200. From watching fighters take it out on one another, it seems the higher the level the less significant the damage they inflict on one another. Certainly NOT 1200 a hit. I recall your guildies hitting me with axes when I was 10 levels lower, and being a mage in the 40s, it took a few hits to chop my mushroom.

I actually did a huge table on the effective bonus damages with 3 parameters, so the number crunching doesn't agree with you =/ Don't forget too, there are clerics around and they have much lower base STR than you do.

This is all hypothesizing and I find it rather amusing that people often jump straight to conclusions, even so firmly.

I SERIOUSLY doubt it took more then a few hits to chop down a lower lvl 10 mage in a mushroom unless they were not using skills.
Further more No one EVER mentioned hitting 1200 hits.. Once everyone starts equipping the +9 weapons from the Miles that JUST BEEN released people WILL be slapping for ALOT more even fighters. (unless someone can pump out full +9 armor too) And were not just comparing fighter vs fighter damage are we? Fighters don't just fight other fighters..You've proven your point str is at best benefit against high defense character situations but really it only cost 25 points in spr which only calculates to 30 damage WHICH WILL MOST LIKELY EVENTUALLY become negilble. You may call this a hypothesis again..But there are much more player levels to account for in the game.

As for the lower damage for higher level argument
Freak whos around lvl 54-57 1 handed fighter (+3 presumable some kind of cg sword but could be clean) could hit me a lvl 53 fighter (no shield but 20 end points) for around 220 damage with 25str and skill without critting. Thats not pretty bad damage at all. With 25 spr he would have a higher chance of critting for 440. How much more damage if he got the chance to approach a more lightly armored character?

The THING is with pvp too in most GW's its all the matter of HOW MUCH damage you can inflict before a person can stone. Skill CRITS make the difference here not the 30 damage bonus that takes a longer time..

And really with this Hypothesis thing? I've only said statements with reasoning and some experimentation. And you have too unless you bring that chart out.

I KNOW i was wrong the Tux does NOT = 25% crit ( I thought it did LMAO)
But anyway
What makes you think what could go wrong with a properly built crit fighter?

Bring out that chart you've been talking about. I'm really interested....
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.

Last edited by rokaraged; 11-29-2007 at 04:17 AM..
Old 11-29-2007, 04:04 AM   #19
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Regardless of how the statistics are, the entirety of a character's build is based on the preferences of the player.

Some may choose for those criticals that splash more damage; others may choose for a more consistent pattern.

Be as it may, but I think a fighter with higher critical is better off. A fighter that hits consistently is good, don't doubt it. But against a cleric, it's probably better to get lucky and get a critical right when they're low.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:20 AM   #20
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
Be as it may, but I think a fighter with higher critical is better off. A fighter that hits consistently is good, don't doubt it. But against a cleric, it's probably better to get lucky and get a critical right when they're low.
Hence the idea
Deal as much as you can before the person can heal in pvp...
Closed Thread