Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 07:42 AM   #31
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice

It was actually a serious question, En. If he thinks every life has the same value, there is only one answer that he can pick.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 05-24-2009, 07:51 AM   #32
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Most would choose the 1 guy. But then again, he could potentially in return, put a lot of doctors and companies associated with keeping these people alive, out of job. And also, in the end, contributing to overpopulation. One reason why many people say they do know the "cure" for cancer and AIDS, but do not release it.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:16 AM   #33
Vasu
Malingerer

Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Yeah, that is another factor. In Jik's world, a person will be lucky if he can get a square foot for himself, because of overpopulation.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #34
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
People do care. Everyone's doing something - whether it's dealing with their own shit or dealing with other people's, it doesn't matter. The world's constantly changing, and for you to say nothing's getting done is pretty naive and unfair.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #35
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
You'll only get 1 side of the world if you only believed the Media. If you don't think the Queen is worth reporting on then don't read it?

Use your time to volunteer for a charity, and physically make a difference instead.

The world doesn't fall into equality by themselves, people's gotta make a difference, whether you make a difference for the worse (e.g. people contribute to violence), or people making a difference for the better (e.g. offer councilling to stop violence).

I think that Media exaggerate stuff most of the time... there are MILLIONS of charities that are unheard of, and are helping people less fortunate people every day. They don't get media attention, but they're making a difference.

Not being reported doesn't make them of less values, just like these charities that help people and are not reported. They don't say "OMG the paper didn't talk about us, we're not worth anything". They get Thank Yous from the people they've helped, and that's the value.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 05-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #36
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
I dislike but don't necessarily despise people who are apathetic. I often wonder what they want to do with themselves, let alone to the people around them. Though, people do change. Let their conscience guide them.

I care about others but some of them just don't respond in the same way. I often ask myself why I should care then. Well, it's the way I am and I don't want to change that.

You may see some cases when the selfish will thrive. It is injustice. I don't get why it is allowed to happen, either (can God explain this?). I just know that it does and accept it. For every matter, there is an antimatter. For every good, there is an evil. It characterises humanity and more broadly, life as a whole.

While I agree with a lot of people here, that the utopian world will forever be a thing of idealism simply because the human race is a collection of personalities - good and bad, I do dream of a world of peace and perfection. It doesn't hurt to believe, even in the slightest sense but don't nurture this conviction that our world will be all flowers and candies, it simply won't happen.

Like the tale of the Pandora's box, in the end, hope was the salvation. The same reason why we've been fighting, for any cause, any purpose. This is my personal approach to the utopia vision.

-------------------------------------------------
Old 05-24-2009, 09:55 AM   #37
Vasu
Malingerer

Exactly what is wrong with being selfish? Being selfish just means having concern with one's own interests. It isn't "injustice" if the selfish thrive.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #38
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
>vasu
Sorry, I didn't mean it that way.

Hmh, I reread the first post by Jikanu.
To be fair, I am a pretty apathetic person. It's not that I don't care about the world, it's just that I've never thought of doing anything. And when I do, I end up not doing anything.
Yes, the world will never change unless we all do something, but apparently there are a lot of apathetic people out there because the world isn't changing into something like Jikanu's vision, is it? Too many people have peace right now. Unless something big happens, something that can motivate everyone to do something, I doubt the world can become fair, much less utopian. And this big thing has to be something disastrous.

Again, I think destruction before creation. It sounds kind of cruel, but I really think that while we may get far in the road with peace, we'll never really get there without something big, something that'll make us learn our lesson. It doesn't matter how hard you try with peace, there is going to be some people that just aren't committed because they've already got what they need. It takes a disaster to bring everyone to their senses.

If you don't get what I'm saying, look at global warming. Everybody knows about it, but there are few people who have stopped using cars because they want to stop it. The only way we'll realise how bad it is is when something awesome (the original def) happens. That's just the way humans are. We never understand what we had before it's gone.

Sometimes peace isn't the best way to stop violence.
Might be rough for the generation that goes through it, but the later generations will love them.

/just came back from math class, probably not making sense.

{ enraya ! }
Old 05-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #39
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
Exactly what is wrong with being selfish? Being selfish just means having concern with one's own interests. It isn't "injustice" if the selfish thrive.
There is nothing wrong with being selfish. Everyone loves himself/herself. It's the interaction with other people that makes selifishness a dislikeable concept. Injustice, here, is relative to my view.

While I have, over the years, distanced myself from the person who shares Jikanu's current view, I admit that I still have, as I put it, hope.

I don't like the fact that Jikanu is not listening to the inputs here. However, I still like the fact that he still has this faith in a better world. I hope that he has also taken actions to advance his vision, like Hessah suggested (charity work, community work, etc.).

-------------------------------------------------
Old 05-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #40
pigspark
Baby Werebear

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Ultimious, Soul_Aimer
Current Level: 51
Server: apoline
pigspark is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to pigspark Send a message via Yahoo to pigspark
all of us have the choice if we wanna keep the world from poverty global warming and so on. Only U can make a difference as people say. So it all comes down to one thing if u choose to act in a way

Closed Thread