Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 04:56 AM   #21
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of

How?

I can heal up to 5000 HP in two seconds. A battle with a cleric is almost certain to be a draw, even if you stun and Mana Burn.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:12 AM   #22
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
Server: Teva
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
How?

I can heal up to 5000 HP in two seconds. A battle with a cleric is almost certain to be a draw, even if you stun and Mana Burn.
With 4 fighters its entirely possible to kill you. With an enhanced devastate a chainstun can occur, where 1 fighter stuns for 8 seconds and once the effect wears off another fighter stuns for another 8 seconds. All 4 fighters contributing means a 32 second stun all together, but devastate is on a 20 second cooldown.

What does this mean? Your never going to get a chance to use your cleric skills. At this point you have to rely on your stones and potions and hope none of the fighters have a +9 axe making their strength equivalent to a lv.60.

Cleric 1 on 1 is an almost dead certain draw. But the moment you have 4 fighters on 1 cleric, every and any cleric will tell you possibly cant survive, without outside assistance.

Last edited by AngellicDiety; 11-29-2007 at 10:48 AM..
Old 11-29-2007, 10:28 AM   #23
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
How?

Once us Mage's get "Fear" we can easily take down anyone including Clerics. ;)

Anyways, i'm all about something concrete and not something that requires me to be lucky. So i'm a pure INT Mage. And I do believe that a pure INT Mage beats any Mage that is +25 SPR and then the rest into INT. I'll try my best to prove this but... I can't until I get to a much higher level and I make my own Guild. :P
Old 11-29-2007, 04:35 PM   #24
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
I've noticed Also ...The level difference between the players also gives some kind of effect on the damage..
Ever noticed why you can crit for 10k+ on slimes at lvl 40?

From my experiment earlier with Freak's punches only doing 23 (every punch) when logically they SHOULD do 26
My deduction is the level difference between the 2 also has an effect on damage. BONUS DAMAGE FROM STRENGTH IS ALSO AFFECTED.
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:48 PM   #25
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
Originally Posted by AngellicDiety View Post
With 4 fighters its entirely possible to kill you. With an enhanced devastate a chainstun can occur, where 1 fighter stuns for 8 seconds and once the effect wears off another fighter stuns for another 8 seconds. All 4 fighters contributing means a 32 second stun all together, but devastate is on a 20 second cooldown.

What does this mean? Your never going to get a chance to use your cleric skills. At this point you have to rely on your stones and potions and hope none of the fighters have a +9 axe making their strength equivalent to a lv.60.

Cleric 1 on 1 is an almost dead certain draw. But the moment you have 4 fighters on 1 cleric, every and any cleric will tell you possibly cant survive, without outside assistance.
while this is all well and true, it's also pretty straightforward fact that ANYONE will die when put into a situation where they are alone against 4 other people... (unless the 4 other people are really low) so what's the point of bringing that piece of info in this discussion? :P
Old 11-29-2007, 06:38 PM   #26
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Lilian View Post
while this is all well and true, it's also pretty straightforward fact that ANYONE will die when put into a situation where they are alone against 4 other people... (unless the 4 other people are really low) so what's the point of bringing that piece of info in this discussion? :P
Sorry, but the tone of the post that I quoted implied that clerics were superior and could handle anything.

The phrase: "I can heal up to 5000 HP in two seconds." Initially set the tone of implication, and the following sentance "A battle with a cleric is almost certain to be a draw, even if you stun and Mana Burn." Implied to superiority, which is obviously not the case when fighting four people as you said.

Thus the point of bringing it up is to indicate that clerics arent the end all and be all of wars - they certainly arent invincible. Just as fighters arent the end all and be all of a party nor is a mage or archer the end all or be all of massive-damage inflicting characters.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:31 PM   #27
Skwerl
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Carnagician
Current Level: 1x
Server: Bijou
Skwerl is on a distinguished road
if you have 5% crit, that means 1 in 20 hits is double...
if you have 25 bonus dmg thats 30 bonus damage per hit.

at what point does it even out and 5% beats 30... (before armor)

100 dmg * 20 = 2000 +1 free 100. that makes 2100.

130*20 = 2600...more

1000dmg *20 = 20000 +1 free 1000 = 21000

1030*20 = 20600... less.

500*20 = 10000 +500 = 10500

530*20 = 10600... more

600*20 = 12000 +600 = 12600

630*20 = 12600 ... same

so figured out if your base damage is 600. then those 25 points are even if its over 600 go with spirit...
if its less than 600 go with str/int...

this is before armor, and only true tests can be the verdict.....

how much dmg are you doing at lvl 50? 60? 70? 80? etc....

this is not exact values, as its all random, and how many times do you hit a monster? the difference is mostly negligable.... the 100 free points, is to help you swing a character one way. not over power things...

its also about your gear, and play style...

remember you get some of each stat every lvl. mages gain str per lvl. or atleast every other lvl. and warriors gain int every lvl. or every other level...

the lvl jump is more significant than the little point balance you do... lvl 100... its prolly more important to go all crit or endurance, than those measily 130 dmg points.
Closed Thread