Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Would you Audition to be in 'Survivors'?
yes, sounds like fun! 1 33.33%
no, but I'd like to help 2 66.67%
other (post please) 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
WendaBoogy
Slime

In-Game Name: WendaBoogy
Current Level: 72
Server: Teva
WendaBoogy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WendaBoogy
"Survivor" Guild: Your Input Needed ^^

So the people of Teva have been toying with the idea of making a guild specifically used to host user-run events that would be similar to the television show "Survivors".

Here's how we're thinking it should work:

The creators could have auditions, and then send out invitations to 10 players (let's say there's a level requirement of 5x or higher), invite them into a guild called "Survivors", pair them off into two parties to start with, and have the two parties compete in events that we make up. Whoever wins has immunity from having anyone in their party booted from the guild. But the losers has to vote off one of their members each by whispering the creators. We tally the votes, inform the party which member gets booted... they have to leave the party, but stay in the guild. When the parties have just 5 members left in total, we'll merge them and put them at tasks against each other, and the sole person that wins gets immunity, and all of the members of the party get to vote someone out, 'cept for the person with immunity. Once again, remove the loser from the party, but keep them in the guild.

Once we have the final two, we'll call on them to make their case to the other 8 members that got booted, and those 8 people will have to whisper us who deserves the prize (not who they want kicked). We announce the winner and they get *insert prize here*...

kick the people from the guild, rinse, and repeat!

We've had quite a few awesome event suggestions for the Survivor games such as scavenger hunts, brute strength challenges, quizes, races with hidden check points, pvp battles, and so on. It would be a lot of work to arrange such a large event that would have to take place over the course of at least a week, but easy to do if enough people volunteer their time and effort to help put the preliminary actions together.

For the first 'season', we would most likely only recruit 7x players so that we can test what our limits would be, but for following seasons, we would probably accept 5x and 6x players as well.

The use of CS items would be permitted. "But yeah your gonna have cash shop users and non-cash shop users but when it comes down to it its always the battle of the advantages." -- Sheya89 As we find this to be very true, it would be an imbalance to the events themselves if players weren't allowed to use every possible tactic they could to win, just like in the show.

Thoughts, suggestions, and comments are all welcome
Old 07-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Cool idea!!

I hope you don't plan to do all those events in one day. Stretching them out would be cool and then you can GET THE WORD OUT and INVOLVE THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY.

Could be really fun. ^_^

But I think the most important thing in something like this is the commitment of everybody.

It's no fun if the contestants are quitting because they aren't winning.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:35 PM   #3
WendaBoogy
Slime

yeah, I'm warning everyone ahead of time that it's going to be at least a week long, and there will be nine events all together.

Saturne and I are working on getting the events planned and laid out before we begin auditions, and once that time comes, Teva's forums and chats will be filled with information about it, and we'll hoepfully get a lot of people willing to participate! We have a lot of capped people that I know have a ton of time on their hands and would be looking forward to having something new and fun to do for a while :3

And part of the audition process will consist of finding dedicated people that aren't going to quit if they lose out, and we'll make it to where there are prizes along the way (once we get into the final 5 contestants), to keep people fighting on towards winning ^^
Old 07-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Haha. Awesome!

You should be sure to post when the events are so I can come visit Teva when they happen. xD

And.. yeah. I voted wrong. Didn't read the question and I voted.

My level 23 cleric does NOT want to be Survivor: Fiesta. xD
Old 07-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #5
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
A lot of people in this game are kids and can act immature so it will be hard to make sure everyone is participating and not getting frustrated to the point of ruining it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 07-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
WendaBoogy
Slime

lol, will do...it's gonna take a bit of time to put together seeing as I'm working so much D: But I should have this next week off, and I'm gonna make me and Sat slave over getting it plotted out so we can begin auditions asap!

and rofl, no worries :P it asked 'would you audition?', so, if you could audition, you would xD

Originally Posted by ThievingSix View Post
A lot of people in this game are kids and can act immature so it will be hard to make sure everyone is participating and not getting frustrated to the point of ruining it.
yeh, but I don't know too many immature whiny 7x players in Teva besides just one *cough*7x fighters that leech every kq to 'blow dry their hair'*cough*, and those players are fairly easy to spot and weed out in auditions

not to mention, a point that was brought up in the Teva discussion thread on outspark's forums, how some people might not have BoT, and therefore could choose to sit out events that might lose them exp. That being the case, if their team loses, it puts them in the position of being kicked and losing out from winning in the end, just like the tv show. The game makes you work to be your own motivational tool in making it to the end.

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 07-06-2008 at 02:49 AM.. Reason: Don't double post here, use the edit button. =]
Old 07-05-2008, 10:51 PM   #7
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
i must say im impressed
Old 07-05-2008, 11:02 PM   #8
WendaBoogy
Slime