Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 04:10 AM   #1
Kenryuu
Orc

In-Game Name: Kenryuu, Shiraiyuki
Current Level: 48, 60 <3
Server: Epith
Kenryuu is on a distinguished road
Fighter Build Problem.... ):

I was sorta wondering what build I should go for. My fighter is lvl 40 atm, with these points on free stats:
str-+20
end+5
spr+15
Well I think my points are close to like that... Originally I wanted 25spr and full str but I find myself dieing in 2 hits in Honeying Kq, and dont have the money to get scrolls. So should I get some stat reset scrolls and take some points off str and add it to end, and stop adding spr for a while???

Thankies

Maybe if I go for the 50end 25spr rest str I can be a tank and DD???
O.o

-If this belongs in Questions and Inquires pls move it-

Thanks Loveless :3

Last edited by Kenryuu; 11-04-2008 at 04:17 AM.. Reason: ^^
Old 11-04-2008, 04:43 AM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
You get 10 points at your 2nd job change so you can add those into SPR to get that 25. And for now you can concentrate on END if you so wish. But I wouldn't compromise the points you've already put into STR?
Old 11-04-2008, 05:26 AM   #3
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
You dont need end to be a good tank now a days.. End fighters are a dieing breed.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:29 AM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
That is ... cause there are too many cash shop whores. xD It's sad... but I suppose who needs a tank when our Mock ends at 55 and the rest are just getting stronger for tanks to keep aggro. TAT
Old 11-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
CloudJames
Mushroom

CloudJames is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kenryuu View Post
I was sorta wondering what build I should go for. My fighter is lvl 40 atm, with these points on free stats:
str-+20
end+5
spr+15
Well I think my points are close to like that... Originally I wanted 25spr and full str but I find myself dieing in 2 hits in Honeying Kq, and dont have the money to get scrolls. So should I get some stat reset scrolls and take some points off str and add it to end, and stop adding spr for a while???

Thankies

Maybe if I go for the 50end 25spr rest str I can be a tank and DD???
O.o

-If this belongs in Questions and Inquires pls move it-
You don't need END points on stats-build to tank.
Focus on END stated Gears.

50 END points only adds 250 HP and 25 + Defense (I am unable to recall how much block Rate % it adds for 50 END points, if you are using shield and 1H). I used to be a Full-END/25SPR tank. I re-stated my points to Full-STR/25SPR. I see no difference in the efficiency of my tanking, after switching. What can a extra 250 HP and 25+ defense do for you at level 70? However, adding points to STR, you surely kill faster. How so? For every 5 stat points on STR, you get a bonus damage. So imagine if you skill spam, you can definitely kill a lot faster, with that bonus damage.

However, if you really want to be a Pure Tank, using 1h and shield, you might want to consider 25DEX/Full-END (Whether or not you want 25 SPR is up to you.). This is because 25 DEX adds 5% Evasion. So with your END block rate + 5% evasion... get a lil' picture here?(Yup, I am still considering re-stating 25 points of my STR to 25 DEX) It's just a suggestion, you might wanna try it out.

250 Additional HP and 25+ doesn't really help much, especially if you are mobbing/AoEing in TR (Trumpy Remains). T3 Defense and T3 Vitality are easily available. (If you have the money to spam production skills by buying LQ mats from Nina, you can make them on your own.) I can mobbed rooms easily with this STR/25SPR build. END stated Gears.

Honeying KQ does hit a lil' harder, that is why I use T3 Defense. I am more or less hybrid. I have a enhanced Axe and enhanced shield. They are being put into my shortcut keys so,
1) When I am soloing, Axe.
2) When I am the main tank of my party/KQ, Shield +Sword.

*And er... I can't help you there, if you can't really afford to buy scrolls =x T1/T2 for level 4x is good enough, don't need for T3. A 4x using T3 scrolls is er... slightly over-powered LOL.

*Stop adding SPR? I don't know. When I start off my new fighter, Windi, The 1st 25 points all went into SPR. Without depending anything on my main (Other than T3 scrolls for KQs), she doesn't have any problem killing. Just another suggestion.

*You can be both, a tank and a DD, with Full-STR/25SPR build. Point is, with 50END/25SPR/Rest-STR, you can tank as good as one with Rest-STR/25SPR. But a 50END/25SPR/Rest-STR can't be be a better DD than a Rest-STR/25SPR. (In the case where both are wearing the same stated gears.)

*Last Point, Gears is what matters the most. It was my gears that allows me to tank. ^-^

Have fun with the build. xD~

Cloud_James
79 Warrior STR/25SPR
Proud Member Of Dark_Enchanters

Windi
4x Fighter STR/25SPR
Proud Member Of Dark_Enchanters
[^-^ Windi And Cloudi Video]

Disciple Of Areli
Apprentice Of FrankIero

Originally Posted by Serric
(Forums Rules)
I have found a simple rule to live by – so much so I have made it part of my signature. Don’t raise your voice. Improve your argument”

Serric

Last edited by CloudJames; 11-04-2008 at 08:47 AM..
Old 11-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
Kenryuu
Orc

Tank you guys ^o^ Yeah I think ill get some npc armors But have to sell all my green weapons that are useless atm in my inventory :P (liek stuff I had when I was lvl 20)

Thanks Loveless :3
Old 11-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #7
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
My build is currently:

25 SPR - for the extra crit
50 END - for the added defense
now I am putting the rest in STR

I am a 1h + shield fighter and I can solo, I can tank in KQs, I can party, I can deal damage.

I am happy with this build. It gives me the best of all worlds, and as I level up and put more in STR, it will only get better in my opinion.

This way, if I do not find my next armour statted with tons of END, I am still okay.

It all comes down to how YOU play and what you feel most comfortable with.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 11-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
Samson007
Blue Crab

Skee Ball Champion!Tournaments Won: 21

In-Game Name: Samson007
Current Level: 85
Server: Apoline
Samson007 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
My build is currently:

25 SPR - for the extra crit
50 END - for the added defense
now I am putting the rest in STR

I am a 1h + shield fighter and I can solo, I can tank in KQs, I can party, I can deal damage.

I am happy with this build. It gives me the best of all worlds, and as I level up and put more in STR, it will only get better in my opinion.

This way, if I do not find my next armour statted with tons of END, I am still okay.

It all comes down to how YOU play and what you feel most comfortable with.
This is basically what i did too. I just reached L70 a few nights ago. Right now my stats stand at END-50, SPR-20, STR-15. I had been adding to STR a lot in my lower levels but have been pumping up SPR since level 60.

I really like my current build. With a buff and a T3 vit scroll I have over 5000 HP.......all the SPR means I do enough crits to cause some good damage. I alsu use 1h and shield. Really, theres not much a fighter with that build CANT do.......aside from completely off the wall levels of damage.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:30 PM   #9
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
That is ... cause there are too many cash shop whores. xD It's sad... but I suppose who needs a tank when our Mock ends at 55 and the rest are just getting stronger for tanks to keep aggro. TAT
Who needs ends when you got charms? :P
When I charm I generally have more def then tanks,
and once i get my +9 pants and hit 70 for my +9 top there will be no
need for me to even party with a fighter
Old 11-10-2008, 01:34 AM   #10
Kenryuu
Orc

Lol lucky