Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
Venicia
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Zombies_FTW Master of Silent_Sorrow, Zombies_FTW_jr
Current Level: 5x fighter, 3x mage
Server: Epith
Venicia is on a distinguished road
My most tiresome Mara ever

All right, so this being my first post here, I'll start it off with a hi, all.

A couple of days ago, I ran through the hardest Mara KQ I've ever experienced
To begin with there were only 9 people in it: 1 Cleric(no rev), 2 mages, 1 archer and a bunch of <20 fighters including my then lvl 25 fighter zombies , my mother lv 20 fighter Miss_Loona, another 25 fighter named something with Joker and one more fighter thhat must have been over 20 too.
It was a pretty bad set up and by the time we reached the first bosses half of the troup was gone.

I had the highest def, so I went on to tanking, just to discover that the only cleric prefered chatting to healing. There were a vew close calls, but we managed to get them with "only" using 40 stones on my part.
After that I asked the cleric to heal next time, because I was sure I could not outpot the real Mara and Marlone.

C's healing attitude turned out the least of our problems, as he immidiately lost his last life on the boat, because I think the one mage left had pulled two fakes on us. Not sure on that one though, could have been someone else.
The archer comitted suicide at some point and the mage ended up dead, too.
That left me my mother, Joker and the other fighter.
Gone from a pretty bad setup yo a terrible one, but I wasn't about to lose yet another Mara.
so, I ended up tanking Mara, using over 50 stones and 30+ pots, leaving me with only 24 stones.
Joker took Marlone after getting the fakes out of the way.
Marlone killed the other fighter on the stairs. It went pretty well until Joker ran out of stones and I had to take over tanking again. Sadly Joker lost is last life two or three hits before we took down Marlone and got nothing for his efforts, other than the glory of being one of the last man standing in what started out as a horrible KQ and only got worse from there, but had a sort of happpy end.

Needless to say, I'm insanely glad that Zombies mara days are over as I never wabt to see that face again.

I hope this post makes sense to anyone that isn't me, if not feel free to point and laugh.

Venicia

Last edited by Venicia; 10-09-2008 at 08:01 PM..
Old 10-08-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
*points and laughs in delight*
A new member! Welcome!
And congrats on your successful KQ. Would you believe it if I told you I was the last man standing in a Mara KQ too? Our story was pretty bad too, I was on my archer. Almost everyone was dead and the real Marlone was still left. There was only this cleric (my guildie) and me. We bravely fought on, but then I went and pulled Marlone's aggro. My guildie stepped back and started spam healing me, the result of which was that Marlone came right back to him, and then he lagged, didn't heal himself and died . but then I killed Marlone

That's my story

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 10-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
iRumina
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: iRumina
Current Level: 4x
Server: Teva
iRumina is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to iRumina Send a message via Yahoo to iRumina Send a message via Skype™ to iRumina
Originally Posted by Venicia View Post
All right, so this being my first post here, I'll start it off with a hi, all.

A couple of days ago, I ran through the hardest Mara KQ I've ever experienced
To begin with there were only 9 people in it: 1 Cleric(no rev), 2 mages, 1 archer and a bunch of <20 fighters including my then lvl 25 fighter zombies , my mother lv 20 fighter Miss_Loona, another 25 fighter named something with Joker and one more fighter thhat must have been over 20 too.
It was a pretty bad set up and by the time we reached the first bosses half of the troup was gone.

I had the highest def, so I went on to tanking, just to discover that the only cleric prefered chatting to healing. There were a vew close calls, but we managed to get them with "only" using 40 stones on my part.
After that I asked the cleric to heal next time, because I was sure I could not outpot the real Mara and Marlone.

C's healing attitude turned out the least of our problems, as he immidiately lost his last life on the boat, because I think the one mage left had pulled two fakes on us. Not sure on that one though, could have been someone else.
The archer comitted suicide at some point and the mage ended up dead, too.
That left me my mother, Joker and the other fighter.
Gone from a pretty bad setup yo a terrible one, but I wasn't about to lose yet another Mara.
so, I ended up tanking Mara, using over 50 stones and 30+ pots, leaving me with only 24 stones.
Joker took Marlone after getting the fakes out of the way.
Marlone killed the other fighter on the stairs. It went pretty well until Joker ran out of stones and I had to take over tanking again. Sadly Joker lost is last life two or three hits before we took down Marlone and got nothing for his efforts, other than the glory of being one of the last man standing in what started out as a horrible KQ and only got worse from there, but had a sort of happpy end.

Needless to say, I'm insanely glad that Zombies mara days are over as I never wabt to see that face again.

I hope this post makes sense to anyone that isn't me, if not feel free to point and laugh.

Venicia
well My last Mara KQ is My Hardest Mara KQ ~ we were 5 people in 1 party ~ Me Lv. 25 - Lv. 25 HighCleric - Lv.24 HawkArcher - Lv.25 WizMage ~ well no one is Dead and i was the Tanker becouse i was 30+ End with My +9 shield and Sword ~ i was Killing the Mobs Alone Untill we Reach to the Last Bosses in The KQ So we Pulled Mara First Becouse she was Nearby us She was On the Stairs So ~[we are Lucky ,are We ?]~ We started With her It was like Too Defficault to Defeat her ~ until the Cleric has Joined the Fight too ~ So we Defeated her ~ In the same Time that Idiot Marlone was on the stairs too he is just like watching Us ~ Haha ~ Actually he was Stucked ~ He can't move or hit ~ More Lucky Right ? So we Got nothing to Do just Killing the Marlone ~ i just Used My Lost +9 Axe with Him ~ i used the Vit too it was too useful ~ after that we Success and there is just 3 min left ~ lol ~

Proud Master Of :
[Devil_Angels]

Rawr....
all Credites goes to Mewaki Thanks alot~ x)
Old 10-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #4
Uklyvian
Prock Zone

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Uklyvian/Will/Nachito
Current Level: 8x/7x/6x
Uklyvian is infamous around these parts
My best mara kq ever was a bit different. I was buddies with [GL]Nei so we decided to go play with mara and marlone. I was 79 at the time. Yeah, a level 79 in mara kq, it was a lot of fun. I tanked for all the noobs, Nei and I put on level accurate clothing and didn't party with them so they had no proof we were like really high levels, it was a lot of fun. Most fun I ever had in mara kq. Or maybe my tanking mage, that might have been more fun, not sure though.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #5
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
^Shouldn't they have been able to figure it out after they saw that you had a couple thousand more HP than they did? o-o
Old 10-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #6
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Have you been in a Mara KQ recently, Ralath? I'm surprised the majority can figure out the difference between the keyboard and their foot, much less something like that. And the ones that were smart enough to figure out something fishy was going on just shut up about it and got the XP/rewards, heh.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:43 PM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
@Venicia - THAT IS AWESOME!

I bet you that cleric was like complaining in roumen "another failed Mara boo hoo" and she doesnt even realise she failed coz she was talking too much

It's rare to see anyone stocked up on pots and stones in KQ, well done!

When you have a mind set and know that you dont need a full KQ to finish that KQ, usually its a success.

How did Joker die? A tip for mara (probably too late for u now LOL) is that when you're tanking, you should maximise your distant with the boss (like that gap between u and mara/marlone)

Because the AOE is casted on you, and hits around you, if you max your distance in front of the boss, and all the other fighters max their distance BEHIND the boss, they wont actually get hit...

But yeah.. well done! I love hearing stories about people sticking to the end and WIN IT!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-09-2008, 08:13 PM   #8
Venicia
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Zombies_FTW Master of Silent_Sorrow, Zombies_FTW_jr
Current Level: 5x fighter, 3x mage
Server: Epith
Venicia is on a distinguished road
@Uklyvian
That's pretty cool wish I had been in that KQ

I bet you that cleric was like complaining in roumen "another failed Mara boo hoo" and she doesnt even realise she failed coz she was talking too much

It's rare to see anyone stocked up on pots and stones in KQ, well done!

I', always stocked up unles I come straight from levling, because one of the earliest things I learned in online games, was to never rely on healers, because even the good ones, do lag sometimes.

When you have a mind set and know that you dont need a full KQ to finish that KQ, usually its a success.

To be honest most of my best KQs weren't full. succes seems so nuch more to me when you have to beat the odds to get it.

How did Joker die? A tip for mara (probably too late for u now LOL) is that when you're tanking, you should maximise your distant with the boss (like that gap between u and mara/marlone)

I'm not entirely sure, but I think he took as much dmg as he could before informing us that he was out of stones and then didn't move out fast or far enough.

Because the AOE is casted on you, and hits around you, if you max your distance in front of the boss, and all the other fighters max their distance BEHIND the boss, they wont actually get hit...

But yeah.. well done! I love hearing stories about people sticking to the end and WIN IT!

By the time I realized that we had little to no chance to win, we were already 30 mins in and I had spent 40 stones on the firsts, so there was no way I would have backed out without even trying. Besides I hate suiciding out of a KQ anyway.

-Venicia-