Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
[FF Fun] May Event!

May event: Create an NPC Quest Script/Dialogue!

Prize:

400s + yellow tag for a month that says "Scriptwriter"

Deadline:

2 weeks from the time I post.

5 June 2009, 7.39am.

So, what do we have to do?

This contest is about creating a story for an NPC (in Fiesta) by writing a script/dialogue between an NPC and a player, in which that story leads to a quest for the player.

As you will know, players sometimes get to choose how to respond. You may also include this in your script, but please include only ONE story (i.e. do not make the player have two choices, and each choice leads to two different stories). Reason being is that we would like to keep it simple, and each quest usually has one story anyway.

Rules:
  • Please PM your entry to the any active mod (me, Loveless, Yosei or Rightclaw).
  • Word count: approximately 50-600 words. Doesn't have to be exact, we can provide a bit of leeway, but don't go over the limit too much. Only words part of the story counts (e.g. "Storage keeper Kyle" and "Player choices" from the example below does not count).
  • It has to be realistic in terms of Fiesta. Please do not make up things like "go and kill 10000000000000000 helgas!!!". It should be reasonable enough that it won't be "weird" if it's implemented into the game.
  • Quest can be for any level.
  • You may use a general NPC, or you may use a specific NPC.
  • Please don't have any inappropriate content for the younger eyes in your dialogue, despite what some NPC says in the game, lmao. Do it for FF!

[Lame] Example:

Storage keeper Kyle:
Ah my face is ugly!

Player choices:
1. No it isn't.
2. Yes it is.

Storage keeper kyle:
1. I want to get a beauty coupon! Can you help me?

Player choices:
1. Yes.
2. No.

Storage keeper kyle:
1. Yay! Please help me with blahblahblah.
2. You so mean.

Something to that extent. You will notice how the NPC will either not respond to the second response or say something that will "end" the quest dialogue, much like what happens in-game. You can use that above lay out, or you can make up your own, as long as it is clear and concise as to what the lines respond to in terms of player choices.

Voting:
As usual, if we get lots of entries, we may select the top few entries for voting. If we don't get a lot, they'll all be up for voting.

Got questions that we haven't covered? Feel free to ask!

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 05-22-2009 at 07:03 AM..