Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Should Falcomist be permanently banned?
Yes. 8 9.30%
No. 78 90.70%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 11:32 PM   #11
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
Server: Teva
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by +Tequila+ View Post
I don't think however it will because I dont think Outspark will own up to its mistake.

So very true.

Past experience with their failure to aknowledge that there was a compatibility issue with XTrap is proof enough.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:58 PM   #12
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by O-mie View Post
Well, after reading through your post, one thing I have to say to you:

Indentation please. XD Walls of text are horrible to read.

Anyways, well...While its nice that players exhibit politeness in battlegrounds, the whole purpose of battlegrounds is that they are made for PK, so when you go in there, that's the risk you take.

Is it right for a party bigger than yours to take the room from you that you've been in?

Yes. They have every right to try and take it, because essentially, if battlegrounds was meant for everybody to be full of sunshine and flowers, it would not be available to PK in it. The heightened experience and drop rates + PK are to promote player competition. If you can't deal with others attacking you for your spot, then you shouldn't be in abyss in the first place.

Now, about falco and uchi being banned -

I personally don't think racist remarks should have been said, and I think that they deserve a punisment for them, but i do believe that perma-banning is a little more than necessary, especially when others have done worse and have not even been reprimanded at all for it. Maybe a couple weeks to a month of being banned, but permanent is overkill.
I'm going to have to agree with Omie. Although I think perma-ban is a little harsh, especially for a first offense.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:58 AM   #13
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
O-mie maybe right about uchi's ban going along with the guild lines but what about Falco? unless I skipped a line in screenie he used some vulgarities but didnt say anything remotely racist.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 04-25-2008, 01:06 AM   #14
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
Voted no.

I just can't justify banning someone for trash talking during a guild war. Although if there were racist remarks... then a severe punishment, but perma-banning is a little over the top.

And as for killing a group for a room in BG?

Yes. By all means. They give über drops, über exp, and über spawn rate, while nerfing the mobs, and 2x or 3x'ing their health, to help the player level... implementing the PvP factor was obviously put there for a reason. If you want it bad enough to kill someone for it, then you go right ahead. If you get dead, then I guess you better not go back for more

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 04-25-2008, 01:11 AM   #15
D.A.R.E.boy

Tournaments Won: 35

i vote falco shouldnt because he was sticking up for his friends and like
if a player is going to say somthing mean to a nothere player ovb its going
to come right back at u and if u dont like go play ur own game by ur self
its not right to report somone wen u did the same thing and over a room
in pvp thats the dumbest thing ive ever herd

Old 04-25-2008, 02:15 AM   #16
Fura
Slime

In-Game Name: Fura
Current Level: 64
Fura is on a distinguished road
In Outspark's defense, here is a section from the beginning of the TOS, which everyone must agree to in order to play, read or unread:
Outspark may take any action and impose any penalty we deem necessary to discourage and punish any violation of these Terms or any other illegal or inappropriate conduct, all without prior notice or warning. The determinations as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act are solely within Outspark's discretion, and are based on what we deem best for the community. By using the Outspark Service, you agree that you will be bound by Outspark's determination as to whether a violation has occurred and any penalty we choose to implement.
As for banning Falcomist, those screenshots don't show proof of any racist comments but I'm sure there could be more to the story. Either way, helping a friend does not justify crude behavior. =/

And no I didnt vote, because I wasn't there when it all happened so I have no right to say anything lol. I wish him good luck ^^
Old 04-25-2008, 02:34 AM   #17
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I wasn't at the scene and I've no idea what the rest of the conversation was like. If they had nothing to hide, it would've been better to stretch the whole chat box to see all the 'arguments'. That is solely my opinion. On top of that Outspark does have all the rights to perma ban anyone without warning...

As I see it, Uchiha did throw out racist comments but Falco had only thrown in a few vulgarities. All of which 99% of the players has done anyway. If Outspark is going to perma ban Falco and Uchi for this they should do the same to the other side. An argument takes two people/groups and I am pretty sure that the other side said a couple things too.

I go by "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" line. Usually keeps you out of trouble.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:02 AM   #18
bolsz1
Slime

bolsz1 is on a distinguished road
Well, racism is a sensitive issue, and Outspark has every right to ban a player for it. Not only do they have the right, they have the responsibility to keep racism out of this game. I don't think anyone disagrees with Uchi's ban for his racist comments. I do, however, think every one of us should reserve judgement either for or against this decision until all the evidence is available. Outspark obviously has screenshots of Falco saying SOMETHING racist. Certainly the screenies in this thread don't prove anything. Hopefully the person who filed the formal complaint will share the entire chat log with the community.

As for people saying he was justified because he was defending his friends...what planet do you live on? The opposing members didn't break any rules in the battleground, and even if they had, that doesn't give the wronged players and their friends the right to break even more rules. War them, 100% OK. Yell at them, fine. Swear at them, EULA violation which is selectively enforced. Make racist insults...PERMABAN. It's as simple as that. People "defending their friends honor" is how 10 year old kids get murdered in gang crossfire. I live in Chicago, and I see it on the news every day.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:19 AM   #19
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Thing is, it's a game, it's not the real world. All consequences and 'punishments' can be re-worked and even ignored. When someone dies in he real world. they don't conveniently 're-spawn' in the nearest town. Every rule and judgment is tinged by human flaws and error, not the hard-bound rules of reality. So you must question.

Comparing something in a game to something in real-life isn't even relevant and should'nt be. It's a virtual world, and the only rules and forces of nature are GMs and the people the GMs work for. Players are leaned on by GMs, GMs are leaned on by Outspark, and Outspark is leaned on by its profit-margin which leads back to the players.

I know I wouldn't just stand-by and do nothing if I felt someone I knew was screwed over/insulted. I hope you wouldn't either. In the end, there isn't any evidence that Falco actually said something racist (that I've seen so far) and the assumption that Outspark does have something concrete is not a leap-of-faith that I'm willing to make. There's been problems with that before.

In the end, it all comes down to your opinion and the opinions of those few who actually have/had any impact in the matter. Falco/the GMs/Mighty_Army and everyone else there that day, only they truly know what was said and done, and all that we few can know, we who weren't actually there, are a few screen-shots from one side of the matter that doesn't even incriminate him.

Sorry if it's a little hard to read, but that's my two cents~

Last edited by Ivramire; 04-25-2008 at 03:30 AM..
Old 04-25-2008, 03:20 AM   #20
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Originally Posted by bolsz1 View Post
Well, racism is a sensitive issue, and Outspark has every right to ban a player for it. Not only do they have the right, they have the responsibility to keep racism out of this game. I don't think anyone disagrees with Uchi's ban for his racist comments. I do, however, think every one of us should reserve judgement either for or against this decision until all the evidence is available. Outspark obviously has screenshots of Falco saying SOMETHING racist. Certainly the screenies in this thread don't prove anything. Hopefully the person who filed the formal complaint will share the entire chat log with the community.

As for people saying he was justified because he was defending his friends...what planet do you live on? The opposing members didn't break any rules in the battleground, and even if they had, that doesn't give the wronged players and their friends the right to break even more rules. War them, 100% OK. Yell at them, fine. Swear at them, EULA violation which is selectively enforced. Make racist insults...PERMABAN. It's as simple as that. People "defending their friends honor" is how 10 year old kids get murdered in gang crossfire. I live in Chicago, and I see it on the news every day.
I think those screenshots are the screenshots the complainer turned in. So based on those screenshots Falcos banned is'nt justified. Racism has been going on in Fiesta since CB and on more then occasion Outspark has been made aware of it. They acted on these screenshots without doing a proper investigation which is why most people are bothered about this. If people dont say something about this what will Outspark not handle correctly next time? I'm sure if you were in Falcos situation you'd want a proper investigation done not some half-arsed ban by the GM's.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-

Last edited by +Tequila+; 04-25-2008 at 03:24 AM..
Closed Thread