Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #31
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
But she said best, not highest, and if most of us our using our level 1 skills because they are better all-around, would that not technically make thme our best?
Depends on your point of view. You can argue that level 1 spells are the best with respect to efficiency, yet the highest spells are the best with respect to damage and effect.

Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
I'm still thinking of a chained 20-second Fear @.@

40 seconds in which you can do nothing but stone....

srsly.
Drugs are bad.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:01 AM   #32
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
i think u should try sit there and watch a clock and count 20 seconds and REALISE how LONG it actually is!! (and while u count.. think about all the spells you can cast)

i get stunned by orcs for 4 sec and i think that's long already.......

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 04-17-2008, 01:26 PM   #33
Ringetsu
Phino

In-Game Name: Ringetsu
Current Level: 79
Server: Apoline
Ringetsu is on a distinguished road
Eh....i think chain cast's effect wears out too....if you do not cast a spell within the time limit it gives...it wears off...and i think it's less than 20sec. Also, take in consideration of fear's cool time which is 1:30sec compare to any stune move of the fighter's it's much longer. But I do believe that 20sec is overkill....make it 10sec max is nice....pvped a capped fighter yesterday...he critted 1.7k on me..and I'm with full end equip with t3 def scroll but i only have 1.9k hp...result = instant death since he crits tons =_="

Gimme food!!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #34
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
Au contraire, the majority of mages actually use the weakest, level 1 spells.

Level 1 spells take the least SP and only do 20 damage or so less than the full power spells.
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
But she said best, not highest, and if most of us our using our level 1 skills because they are better all-around, would that not technically make thme our best?
Yep, what Spirit said. Best, but not the highest level.
So whatever makes most damage out of a certain amount of time xD Not necessarily the highest level spells.

@ Hessah

Haha, yeah ... I'm trying to imagine how to cope with 20 second fear and watching the seconds tick @-@; My aimed shot can cool down twice with that, LOL. And archers skills have long cooldowns.

20 seconds really seems like overkill ... 20 seconds of no moving, 20 seconds of no attacking, 20 seconds of someone blasting away at you @-@; Not very fun.

{ enraya ! }
Old 04-21-2008, 05:07 AM   #35
Kyrillos
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: Kyrillos
Current Level: 71
Server: Teva
Kyrillos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kyrillos Send a message via MSN to Kyrillos
Max Fear should be is 10 seconds, un-empowered >.>

20 seconds is a bit long, and it does break it a bit too much, I can kill most yellow/orange mobs at 60 in under 10 seconds, with no fear.

It'd break the skill empowers that some people have too. Instead of a 10+x seconds, it'd almost be better to empower CD time to have a minute of cool down, instead of a minute and a half >.>

Just a bit of two-cents. -throws out some pennies-
Old 04-21-2008, 05:31 AM   #36
Flowersss
Ancient Stonie

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: College
Current Level: College
Server: College
Flowersss will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
Probably just another typo >__>
" It must have been a typo, a typo, a typo...it must have been a typo, we all make mistakes!"

anyway....
I hate it when I get feared by highlevel mages...they pwn me.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:31 PM   #37
Ringetsu
Phino

xD Just maxed duration on my fear yesterday, a certain 5k hp cleric got killed soon after xDDDD (crits ftw~!)

Gimme food!!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #38
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
OMG WHO?"!?!?!?!?

Old 04-21-2008, 09:01 PM   #39
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Level 1: 4 seconds (max empower +3 seconds) = total 7 seconds
Level 2: 5 seconds (max empower +3 seconds) = total 8 seconds

Source

There's nothing wrong with the skill.
This is off-topic but: I think the layout on that page is very easy to read. -Eyes the wiki-

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 04-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #40
Ringetsu
Phino

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
OMG WHO?"!?!?!?!?
*Insert Name Here* It was due to some dungeon spot issue :/ we got into a big fight, soon after I pmed his gm...n his gm disbanded guild n joined me xDDD btw I was tanking with a fighter the other day and got feared then I got stuck and can't move O,O" had to let MD kill me to solve it. Seen a lot of this happening when I'm pvping fighters and after they say I cheated. :/

Gimme food!!!!
Closed Thread