Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 04:31 AM   #1
Yangster
Fire Mushroom

Yangster is on a distinguished road
Ugh... Skills are killing me!

I've have tried to research a lot about skills for fighters as I could among these forums, but I'm getting very mixed up... Does anyone know what would be the best skills and distribution for an all-out 2-Handed Sword wielder like myself that would be great for the long run?

Right now I have yet to buy a skill or distribute any of my empowerment points because I'm afraid I might screw up without any backup knowledge to support me... any help would be appreciated. I don't really care if its PvP or PvM just throw those builds out here anyway...

Thanks in Advanced.

Last edited by Yangster; 10-24-2007 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: grammatical errors :p
Old 10-31-2007, 12:48 AM   #2
halcyonstorm
Slime

halcyonstorm is on a distinguished road
According to zotius' compilation, 2hSwords are not as good as axes when it comes to an attacker (as opposed to a tank, where it is suggested that a 1hSword and Shield is best combo, despite any notion that shields=phail :P)
2hSwords lack a slight critical/damage bonus from 2hAxes, while getting a slight boost in attack speed and accuracy, but this slight boost it recieves is not useful enough to account for the axe's boost. However, if you chose the 2hSword due to visual effect, it would seem that you would be more of a casual gamer as opposed to WIN AT ALL COSTS NECESSARY!!!1!1 sort of person (not an insult), so you shouldn't have to worry as much necessarily concerning metagame issues and just focus on what you want, which is this basis of ALL mmos, that is, to have a good time with the world! Just because you lose in a fight against a assimilationist fighter with stats similar to every single fighter doesn't mean you suck-it means you're original! So chill out, my friend. Just have fun. Melt away that stress. Do what you feel like. If you say, "I don't like x skills sp cost, I'll empower it!", then do it! That's just life, man. Have a good time. Enjoy Fiesta!
Old 10-31-2007, 04:05 AM   #3
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Seriously
After the recent change of events
I've found the sword MUCH better grinding weapon in comparison to the axe..
Its an underestimated weapon really, and works great with spr and str builds although
Much more consistent damage and accuracy. Later on in the game the crit rate stack up much more and that extra 1% crit rate from the axe becomes insignifcant as your critting more because of the faster attack speed.

i would never walk into pvp with this unless i had nothing else...
Like the 1handed sword, its pretty much a grinding weapon. The grinding VARIANT of the axe...
Skillwise remember
Pump powerhit Damage and optionally cooldown.
Devastate (ATLEAST 10 points this will be your TRADEMARK skill for a while.) Either in cooldown damage and STUN DURATION is a must
Increasing durations on vitality bone slicer or fatalslash is optional

Don't forget about whirlwind and vampiric strike later on.
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.

Last edited by rokaraged; 10-31-2007 at 04:07 AM..
Old 10-31-2007, 04:21 AM   #4
Yangster
Fire Mushroom

Yangster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by halcyonstorm View Post
According to zotius' compilation, 2hSwords are not as good as axes when it comes to an attacker (as opposed to a tank, where it is suggested that a 1hSword and Shield is best combo, despite any notion that shields=phail :P)
2hSwords lack a slight critical/damage bonus from 2hAxes, while getting a slight boost in attack speed and accuracy, but this slight boost it recieves is not useful enough to account for the axe's boost. However, if you chose the 2hSword due to visual effect, it would seem that you would be more of a casual gamer as opposed to WIN AT ALL COSTS NECESSARY!!!1!1 sort of person (not an insult), so you shouldn't have to worry as much necessarily concerning metagame issues and just focus on what you want, which is this basis of ALL mmos, that is, to have a good time with the world! Just because you lose in a fight against a assimilationist fighter with stats similar to every single fighter doesn't mean you suck-it means you're original! So chill out, my friend. Just have fun. Melt away that stress. Do what you feel like. If you say, "I don't like x skills sp cost, I'll empower it!", then do it! That's just life, man. Have a good time. Enjoy Fiesta!
Hahaha nice response... I love the part about "just life, man"... lol thx
hey is there a stat reset thingamabober cause I have an END build, rorkaged (srry for spelling)
Old 10-31-2007, 04:30 PM   #5
Falcomist
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: Falcomist
Falcomist will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Falcomist Send a message via MSN to Falcomist
vampiric strike sucks... but it does save me 1 STONE OMGWTFBBQ LOL

Old 11-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #6
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road
Saving up for devastate will take me until level 50 since they only give me a point every 2 levels... Well I guess I take my points out of concussive charge once I get the chance.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:10 AM   #7
Lyoven
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: Duke
Current Level: Can shout!
Lyoven is on a distinguished road
+1 Rep for halcyonstorm
i for one am playing the same way. ive read trough many guides, but in the end i made my char as it is, because thats the way i like it. made some researches on my own, decided whats important and what isnt, and spent my (stat and skill) points then.
my fighter is lv48 and i have 7 skill points left. what? that means i havent spent a single point to empower devastate?! but.. but.. everyone is saying that i have to.. *confused*
well, my fighter is no tank, and im really safisfied with devastate as it is. when i got to stun multiple enemies for 5 seconds, woohoo, it does just that
this was just an example of course, not trying to talk this skill down, cos its a smeksy one, really.
im happy with every single point i've spent, cos im 100% sure i couldnt have put them in any better places. and my remaining 7 points will find their place as well soon, im sure of that
Old 11-01-2007, 01:48 AM   #8
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road
Well if you're no tanker then I suppose you could save the points for some other skill lets say... Whirlwind? Hmm but I thought we supposed to get 1 point each level...
Old 11-01-2007, 10:02 AM   #9
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Zotius View Post
Well if you're no tanker then I suppose you could save the points for some other skill lets say... Whirlwind? Hmm but I thought we supposed to get 1 point each level...
honestly i'm confused about this too. I think its a skill point every 3 levels...

Yes and whirlwind...Were going to have to see if this doesn't make deva useless...>.>;

Either way we'll be spamming aoes alot lvl 60+
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:38 AM   #10
Orochi
Gang Imp

In-Game Name: xGelox / AMPss
Current Level: 35 / 36
Server: Epith / Teva
Orochi is on a distinguished road
weve got the same prob..
ive been still saving my skill empower when i was 21...for me i might be spending that on whirlwind.. and the power hit

http://comicgasm.com/
Closed Thread